Alright, Sup Forumsros, let's settle this once and for all

Alright, Sup Forumsros, let's settle this once and for all.

South Park or The Simpsons?

South park

they both suck
/thread

South Park has stayed funnier longer but I want to fuck Lisa and marge.

South park and end of the story. This thread is stupid only my granma would say the simpsons go back to your trans threads OP.

WATCH AND ENJOY THEM BOTH YOU FAGGOT SAME THING GOES FOR MARVEL AND DC APPRECIATE WHAT THYRE GIVING YOU

South park, I hate The Simpsons because over the years, The Simpsons’ animation became much more conservative and homogenized, and by the end of season eight, the show had lost nearly all of its cartoon snappiness. And as a fan of the show, it’s this quality I miss the most. For my first post on Dead Homer Society, I’ve decided to visually dissect “Homer Goes to College,” which is an excellent showcase for the brilliant animation once seen on The Simpsons. For those worried, this examination isn’t going to be couched in technical terms; as an animation enthusiast, I’m going to try and break this down into terms everyone can understand.

I respect the simpsons, they are a long lasting animated comedy show. But South Park's up-to-date satirical plots win over all.

SP
Simpsons is unwatchable.

South park ... but the last season was the worst

no one cares about the animation you fucking nerd

The Simpsons in its prime was better, but South Park has been far more consistent and relevant. I'll give the edge to South Park based on pure overall quality, but you gotta respect The Simpsons for its massive influence.

>fedora or trilby

The Simpsons has been so bad for so long that the "golden age" is unfunny now.

You can't thread your own thread faggot

both should have ended seasons ago

South Park

what the fuck are you talking about

>Reddit and Memey

They're both better than anything Seth McFarlane shits out.

The best simpsons episode is beter than the best southpark episode.

But the acerage south park episode is better than the average simpsons episode.

So the simpsons is a bit riskier but still mostly funny. South park seems all kinda average cant really think of any real standouts.

South Park

Southpark has remained consistently good throughout it's entire run, the Simpsons started to get hit and miss after season 9. If it was just the first 9 seasons then Simpsons would win hands down.

Why isn't Family Guy in the conversation?

Chinpokomon, Butters' Very Own Episode, Canadian Royal Wedding

South Park

Cause we're talking about stuff that's good.

Because no one likes it

Nothing will ever beat classic simpsons, nothing. That being said, South park also had some great, great seasons. And what they produce now is still miles better than whatever the Simpsons are currently doing.

they've both gone to shit, but early Simpsons >> any South Park

and Futurama was better than either of them

Make Love not Warcraft, Whale Whores, The Coon (and accompanying episodes), Scott Tenorman Must Die, etc etc

I'll give the edge to the people who won an award for an episode that featured a song about boogers and cum

>South Park
>no standouts

>Good Times With Weapons
>Awesome-O
>Make Love, Not Warcraft
>Scott Tenorman Must Die
>Chinpoko Mon
>Toilet Paper
>Lil' Crime Stoppers
>Casabonita
>Literally all of season 6

Come on, son.

It really wasn't.

Especially the god awful movies and CC episodes.

Futurama shit the bed even worse than the other two in the end.

The Coon stuff was retarded. Otherwise great list.

The Coon triology was great in an otherwise shitty season.

For me, it's South Park, but to be honest, I haven't watched it much the last few years.

I'd rather go back and watch it than the Simpsons though.

You pc brah?

America's favorite animated family.

South PARK

DONT LOOK AT IT

The movies don't count.

>Futurama shit the bed even worse than the other two in the end.

Not even close. Oh, which internet meme is South Park going to ridicule this week.

SP is way too preachy

The one that's still relevant.

I'm a diehard classic simpsons fan and even I can admit Futurama 1-4 are just as great. But you're right about the movies and new seasons, absolute trash.

HEY HEY LET'S GO

south park and family are my two favorite animated shows. I have watched every episode several times. The creator of the simpsons is a 33rd degree free mason. So fuck the simpsons.

Wot? Last season was a return to form for South Park. It was their best season since season 12.

They're both my two favorite shows of all time, I've seen every episode of both (Far as I know,) and I'd agree with the guy who said that good episodes of the Simpsons are better than good episodes of SP but average episodes of the SP are better than average episodes of the Simpsons.

Then again, I've never run across an episode of The Simpsons that I truly hated, but there's been a number of South Park episodes that were just rage-worthingly bad. (Human Centipad, The China Problem, as two examples.)

The problem with the Simpsons is that it changes views, ideals, and sense of humor every four years or so when new show runners come on.
I won't say that some seasons are better than others, because that's disparaging to the fledgling writers working on current seasons, but I will say that after season 20, it got a little bit neutered. I still watch it, I still love it, and I will still find a few laughs in the episodes, but it did lose a lot of the familial heart and social subversiveness that it once had.

Also, can I just say that Matt and They dropped the ball with their socio-political viewpoints last season? I loved the consistent continuity, that was amazing. However, they seemed to either forget what their opinions were by the end, form new ones by the end of the season, or... I don't even know. It was muddied as hell, though.

Simpsons drinking game:

>take a shot every time there's a le witty generic liberal quip in one episode
>die of alcohol poisoning
>especially if it's a Lisa or Marge episode

The first Futurama movie is the best episode they ever made.
The rest were pretty middling.

> the china problem
> bad episode

You what mate?

one can't /thread ones own post, is what he's trying to say, and he's absolutely right

family guy is absolute bollocks mate

okay yeah... I'm with you on this one user

>you are now aware that The Simpsons has been bad far longer than it's been good

South Park.

But pic related was my favorite major animated comedy.

KotH was the only long running animated comedy that actually got BETTER over time instead of worse.

Season 1 was the worst, final season and "lost" episodes were best.

Idk i kind of lost respect for the Simpsons when the Paris newspaper bs happened they did a memorial at the end of one of their episodes. Both have lost their touch over the years. I have to say south park movie is much better than the Simpsons movie. Even Futurama was good until the canceled it then brought it back and the way Matt groening ended it I absolutely hated it. Anyways getting off subject. South patk > the Simpsons

Imagine how shitty the satire could have been. Yet they were clever and creative with it. Why can't you just appreciate it?

It was awful. It had two jokes that they ran with the whole episode. Shooting people in the Dick, and Indy getting raped.

Not to mention that the rape wasn't funny. Rape isn't funny, by nature, and having it be against a fictional character doesn't fix that fact.

I'd imagine that it depends on which one you grew up with. I'm just getting into The Simpsons, but I've been watching South Park since I was a kid, so I'll go with SP.

I never got into it.
I understand dry humor, and tend to skew in that direction myself, but I just... I dunno.
Never was my thing. Maybe I never got into the continuity of it. I dunno.

This. I watched a lot more Simpsons than South Park growing up. The Simpsons will always be better to me.

>bender's big score
>good futurama
>good at all

Gross.

Oh stfu it's a fucking cartoon! Where have you been, have you seen any other south park episodes? The are offensive af. Get over yourself sjw twat

The Simpsons. It has had it's up and downs, but it's downs aren't nearly as bad as South Park at it's worst. I will admit that South Park has had great seasons though.

Beavis & Butthead was better.

By the way, since I'm still barely getting into The Simpsons (on season 2 right now), where should I stop watching? I'm loving it and I really don't want to see it go to shit.

Yeah, okay buddy.

Offensive is different than unfunny. Rape isn't offensive to anyone. It's just not a funny subject.

The episode was bad. Just get over it. "it's a cartoon," as you said.

I grew up watching Simpsons before SP was a thing and I still give the nod to SP because Simpsons has spent over half its run not being funny at this point.

That's a lot of unfunny episodes.

Season 13 is when Brad Bird leaves, and most consider that the start of the downturn. I consider season 20 to be the start, however. The two seasons after the movie came out was a fantastic return to form.

Right after you finish season 9. You'll already notice a decline in quality in late 8 and 9, but still absolutely watchable. Almost everything before that is amazing.

I grew up watching the Simpsons more than south park. My dad would get pissed if he caught me watching south park. Anyways my point is i grew up watching the Simpsons but I prefer south park. So your statement is irrelevant.

stop when they switch to HD

Hiti gami nono protect my balls!
Lets fighting loooooooove
lets fighting loooooove

early south park > early simpsons > american dad > early family guy > new south park > new family guy >>>> new simpsons

point being they are all either getting worse or i'm just getting older

simpsons, no one needs some faggoty guest star every week

and south park, no one needs the episode to be a buttfucked rehash of whatever's on CNN this week

fix ur shit

Actually twat people that find things offensive don't usually find them to be funny. It is a funny subject. How isn't it funny that they're making a man squeal like a pig? The whole joke about that episode is that ruined the Indian Jones movie when they added lame ass Shia

POCKET SAND

Topkek best episode ever

We're done here.
Come back when you can construct a proper sentence.

Oh-- And the "squeal like a pig" thing is from one of the most disturbing scenes in cinema history (Deliverance), and they were trying to pass it off as a joke.

>The Simpsons
>109 writers
>South Park
>2 writers

How do they do it, bros?

There's more than two writers for SP.
Not a lot more, but still. It's a writers room scenario, like Always Sunny. In Sunny, almost everyone writes every episode, but AFAIK the WGA only allows two writers credits per production, so it has to go to the two that "did the most."

I saw a documentary on it, and I think they mentioned there's four writers in the room. That's still fucking impressive.

>make love not warcraft
>cassabonita
>Scott Tenorman Must Die

this shit was golden all time favs

Yea and they finish an episode within a week.

Yeah, Bill Hader was one of them at the time, which I had no idea of until I saw 7 Days To Air. But it's awesome because he's awesome.

Also random fun fact: In Scott Pilgrim, Bill Hader is the guy yelling "K.O.!" and "SCOTT EARNED THE POWER OF LOVE" and shit.

That's what makes it so good. South park. Changes when they change. Unlike the Simpsons that's just the same show by name. The fact that only two guys wrote it hits you on the head with episodes like You're growing old.

This. I don't think I'd enjoy South Park that much if Matt and Trey weren't involved in the writing process.

Can we all at least agree that any episode of any show based on internet culture tends to be fucking awful?

Like that SP episode about making money by being an internet celebrity. Holy shit that has to be one of the top 10 worst episodes.

Fanily Guy's attempts at internet comedy are even worse.

I'm just gonna go ahead and nudge my favorite animated series of all time into here.
If you haven't watched it, you should.
It's the precursor to Archer.

Most of the time, but that fight between internet celebs on South Park was gold.

You coulda just left it at "Family Guys attempt at comedy."

The Simpsons needs to be beaten with a shovel and stuffed in its grave.
In other words, the Simpsons has been running for years and it's about time that it stops.

One of my favorite animated shows

Wow, no love at all for Home Movies or Bob's Burgers.

That episode with Pewdiepie was one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Official MacFarlane ranking:

shit > original FG run > AD > CS > FG reboot

Oh fuck, I had forgotten that abortion.

had this discussion with a few of my friends in whatsapp a while ago. we were discussing the best tv shows of all time

the simpsons right now is over 60% garbage. from season 12 to about 18 there was maybe on average 2 good episodes per seasons. from 18 to present there has been about 1, not perseason, just one. this was the argument against it being a GoAT.

HOWEVER, from seasons 2-12 the simpsons was indisputably the best show of all time. there are 200+ episodes of 24 carat solid gold. episodes, jokes, characters that have left an indelible mark on the pop culture landscape and which are unforgettable for anyone watching them when they first aired.

southpark is good, but it was never consistently THAT good for 10 years straight

I think everyone wants to forget that episode.