NBC edition: Olympics Opening Ceremony

NBC edition: NBC confirmed that it would continue its practice of tape delaying the opening ceremony broadcast for the United States audience, citing a need to provide "context" for its contents; the broadcast will begin at 7:30 p.m. ET/ PT , resulting in the ceremony airing on a half-hour delay on the east coast, and a three-and-a-half-hour delay on the west.

>Maracanã Stadium, Rio de Janeiro

>Tom Brady's wife Brazilian model Gisele Bündchen will be the Face of the the opening ceremony and will be walking down the world's longest catwalk

>The Brazilian Carnival (the "Greatest Show on Earth" and a major part of Brazilian Culture) has been confirmed to be a part of the ceremony

>Deborah Colker, Brazil's most celebrated choreographer, will prepare a cast of over 6000 dancers. She wrote, directed and choreographed the Cirque du Soleil production, Ovo

>Royalty in attendance includes:
King Philippe of Belgium
King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands
The Prince of Monaco
The Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark

>Pele will not light the flame due to poor health

>one of the three producers/creative directors, Brazilian filmmaker Fernando Meirelles (City of God, The Constant Gardener, etc) said significantly lower budget than those of other recent Olympics, totalling only 10% of the total budget for the ceremonies of the 2012 Summer Olympics . Explaining his rationale, he explained that he would be "ashamed to waste what London spent in a country where we need sanitation; where education needs money. So I'm very glad we're not spending money like crazy. I'm happy to work with this low budget because it makes sense for Brazil."

Other urls found in this thread:

rojadirecta.me/
stream.nbcolympics.com/nbc-day-0-primetime-et-ct
theintercept.com/2016/08/05/the-intercepts-olympics-guide-for-identifying-brazils-new-leaders/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sticky pls MODS

Best site with alternate streamings (mostly in spanish)

rojadirecta.me/

USA Field Hockey
@ USAFieldHockey
1m
Red, white and blue never go out of style! USWNT athletes are.owning the @teamusa Opening Ceremony look

Note that Team USA will be in the "E" portion of the March of Nations for "Estados Unidos"

NBC had also made a request to the IOC for the Parade of Nations to be conducted in English alphabetical order rather than Portuguese , stating that it would affect viewers who don't know to tune in during the "E" portion.

The IOC denied this request, as it runs contrary to the requirement that countries enter in the alphabetical order of the language of the host country

NBC COVERAGE BEGINS IN ONE HOUR!

18-time Olympic Gold medalist Michael Phelps (age 31) has been elected Team USA's flag bearer

Rickie Fowler and Michael Phelps getting ready for the Opening Ceremony

Facts about the Team USA opening ceremony outfits

USA Diving
@ USADiving
9m
Looking good #TeamUSA ! Divers are ready for tonight's #Rio2016 Opening Ceremony

Durant with badminton player Howard Shu of California

USA Water Polo
@ USAWP
44m
TeamUSA is looking NICE for the OpeningCeremony tonight at the Olympics . Watch on @nbc at 7:30pm ET

He will wear the first-ever illuminated flag bearer jacket

WNBA basketball player Elena Delle Donne
@De11eDonne
Ready for Opening Ceremony! Thanks @Pantene for my beautiful hair!

NBC COVERAGE BEGINS IN 30 MINUTES

>tfw recycled paper ceremony cost 1 bilion for us

>This 30-minute tape delay

Pic of the illuminated flag bearer jacket

damn that's cool

15 MINUTES UNTIL NBC COVERAGE BEGINS

10 MINUTES UNTIL THE NBC COVERAGE BEGINS

5 MINUTES UNTIL THE NBC COVERAGE BEGINS

this stream link should work, hopefully
stream.nbcolympics.com/nbc-day-0-primetime-et-ct

Olympic swimmer Olivia Smoliga
@ OliviaSmoliga
37s

NBC COVERAGE HAS JUST BEGUN!
>FINALLY!

Hello

>showing the big che thing in cuba
fucking lib tards

here we go yall

>all this multicutural brainwashing complete with che guevara graffiti

i want off this ride

NBC still doing its pre - Olympics video intro

jesus christ just show the shit already

It has? The stream doesn't show any video for me.

"The black is indolent and a dreamer; spending his meager wage on frivolity or drink; the European has a tradition of work and saving, which has pursued him as far as this corner of America and drives him to advance himself, even independently of his own individual aspirations." - Che Guevara

NBCsports.com has everything

fuck this, I'm just gonna scoll the Sticky at each part.

There's no hype.

>thinking i need to respect this commie because he pointed out an obvious truth

>talking while a speech is going on in the back

classic

Finally NBC goes to coverage of the stadium!

Have any pictures of the not shitty teams ?

kek they are basically admitting brazil is shit

So thankful I use a British VPN every Olympics, Fucking NBC coverage is abysmal, they are so horrible.

meredith ageing like shit

Any time now ISIS. I'm bored already

There's literally someone making a speech right behind them

STOP FUCKING TALKING

holy shit do I not care about tom brady's whore wife

Thanks. I figured it out, though. I had to turn off adblock.

Well NBC looks like it won't start coverage for at least 15 more minutes
They are just showing interviews with US athletes in the empty stadium right now

>michael "DUDE WEED LMAO" phelps

how has this guy not been banned for shaming the olympics

Jesus christ fuck nbc

is nbc this retarded? I don't give a shit about interviews i just want to watch Povertyb owl

Taking a peek at the sticky, looks like it's gonna be a hoot.

Sup Forumslack detected

Looks like they are waiting until prime time to start so they get maximum viewership. So basically in 15 minutes at earliest

Seriously this is pissing me the fuck off.

>more commercials

>diversity apple ad featuring no white people

I'm so fucking sick of NBC getting major sport event when their coverage is fucking awful.
>Tape delays
>24/7 commercials
>Turning literally everything into a political drama or sob story

Bring back ESPN! REEEEEEEEEEE

Team USA is very segregated in the seats

Yah half of me wants to join then but I'm not sure where to watch it live plus I feel like I've already missed to much

Will they cut the climate change part from the US broadcast?

Pretty sure the new sticky format removes posts each refresh.

>NBC treating this like a fucking SNF broadcast

Just fuck my US broadcast up senpai.

god i hope so.

why waste time on liberal conspiracy theories if you dont have to?

>that haircut tho

Anyone know how long will the theatrical stuff will go on for until the cuntries start marching in?

Well they didn't cut off Imagine from London's opening.

>Putting golf in the Olympics

Who thought this was a good idea?

Dunno but we'll miss that too so NBC can run more movies about
>They're so corrupt and awful BUT THEY DANCE!

rekt

>Bob Costas saying "shoutout to my homies"

>a little shout out for my homies there

>dat qt black grrl next to the munchies dude

GET THIS FUCKING MUSLIM NIGGER OFF MY SCREEN

>Let's not talk about how the Olympics can completely cripple an entire nation/country who suck ass.

>"Bush 43"
Presidents confirmed androids

>IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF

AMERICAN DELAY MASTERRACE

>Oh, another commercial break. Please continue, @ nbc . Not like there's anything important going on right now in Rio.

>Not only is @ nbc showing the #OpeningCeremony on delay they're showing a damn pre-coverage

>The opening ceremonies are happening live and # nbc is on hour delay and interviewing a golfer

>nbc : 7:30 opening ceremony only a 30 minute delay sorry! us: that's dumb nbc : lmao sorry, 30 more minutes matt lauer's talking bye

>NBC is pathetic with this tape delay bs

Let's laugh at America:
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

Fuck off NBC not everything is about Obama

What an ugly stadium.

What in the actual fuck, shit is literally going down right now and I'm watching lame fucking softball questions about fucking nothing. NBC belongs on the streets of rio with the rest of their garbage.

HOW THE FUCK DOES SETH ROGAN EVEN HAVE A CAREER HE DOESNT EVEN DO ANYTHING FUNNY EVER

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>bitch about climate change
>Guanabara Bay full of shit, trash, and dead bodies
Hope the Russian spies keep busy this week.

>yfw Russia gets called but has no athletes.

Why does NBC do this when it's so close to us this time? Does pic related need dem shekels?

>LE EPIC FAT UGLY JEW MAN

someone kill seth rogen pls

"but goy if we dont break it up and edit it we wont be able to show you commercials featuring lots of diversity"

>justin moore, country's manlet

They must do tape delay so they can insert commercials wherever they want. It's disgusting

johnny weir looks like he was supposed to be in an extremely gay early 80s synth pop band

>Johnny Weir

kill me

Reminder that Brazil is a literal third world country.
theintercept.com/2016/08/05/the-intercepts-olympics-guide-for-identifying-brazils-new-leaders/

aaaaand the stream expired for me

i cant take this. it's nothing but feel good diversity shilling

If they can tape delay, can't they just pause the Olympic Ceremony, show us 5 minutes of commercial, then resume the ceremony without cutting any content?

>This "Look at how awesome Rio is!" Propaganda

At least commercials give you a break to talk shit on Sup Forums and catch up with shit talking u missed

Can we literally nuke Brazil and remove all the filth that inhabit it?

so funny third world countries can watch it live but you can't

hahaha