Okay Sup Forumsros, I'm back for round 2

Okay Sup Forumsros, I'm back for round 2.

>Previous thread: Picked up phone at community recycling event, absolutely sure it belongs to some college chick (not the dude, due to the case). Samsung Galaxy S4 mini, with pattern unlock. Been trying ever since to crack it, 'cos there's a verryyyy good chance there's wins (just look at pic related)

So where we left off, I was trying to load ODIN and flashing CWM onto the phone in download mode, but I've gotten stuck. I feel so fuckin close to finally cracking the stupid thing and sharing the wins with my Sup Forumsrothers who help me.

So right now, following the friendly folks over at XDA, I'm trying to flash CWM onto the phone. From there, I should have a custom recovery mode, from which I can flash a .zip via SD containing some technical mumbo jumbo that'll delete the pattern.

>Pic related
>Secondary "update" pic in comments

Things we've covered already:
>Phone did not have telltale smudges to identify finger unlock patterns. Scratches were useless
>No, you can't just plug it into the computer and open up explorer to copy shit over. There wouldn't be a point to passcodes if you could just do that shit.
>99% of password bypass techniques (adb and other linux commands) require the phone to have dev mode enabled, and USB debugging enabled. This phone is bone stock and dev options are unmolested; this prevents me from gaining root access
>I'm not going to shell out money for some fancy tinkerer's USB, or for any other program/device for that matter. It'd ruin the excitement

Help me, Sup Forumsretheren, and I'll share all wins that exist on this device.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YEsdHs0-W-Y
trendblog.net/how-to-bypass-android-phone-lock-screen-pattern-pin-password/
wired.com/2015/09/hack-brief-new-emergency-number-hack-easily-bypasses-android-lock-screens/
exploit-db.com/exploits/38124/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

theres always a way

So this is where I'm stuck. The phone itself is returning some errors, so that'll be posted in the next post with the original timestamp to prove authenticity

>Check those trips of justice

See if you can pop the back off and if there is an SD card

Look up the most common password patterns and try those

Did that, removed old SIM card, no SD card present
>ugh, forgot to mention that

do you have anything you can put the sim card in?

I've tried at least 100. Seriously, most common alphabetical-style patterns, and for backup pin I tried birth years and simple sequences

>another thing I've forgotten to mention
Althouuugh, if you could find a list or chart of the most common swipes, I'll meander through those.

nope, other than my actual phone.
I haven't done anything with that yet though, because that requires trimming down the sim card to fit, and I don't want to do anything permanent just yet. (micro->nanoSIM)

OP here, I'm terribly confused. Clicking to enlarge brings up a completely different picture than the one I posted. I don't even know who's dick that is.

I'll try again.

put your sim in the phone

Plz dont die

ddfghdhdfds

did you put your sim in?

Doesn't do shit, there's no exploit involving calling myself or overloading the dialer or anything like that. It's down to a software haxx0rz game now

Yes, and I tried calling the phone to see if I could get some smidgen of control while in calling mode, but no such luck.

the only other way i can think of getting in is hard resetting the phone and thats not what we want. fuck what do

If you click emergency, then go to emergency contacts, then click the home button, it apparently goes to the home screen for 0.5 seconds, start tapping away at an app and try to open one.

>checked
Actually, that's my last ditch plan. Do a hard reset, and immediately afterwards, I mean in the same minute it boots up, do a recovery scan to salvage anything I can find. But when I'm so close to cracking the root, I don't want to do that until there's absolutely no option left. Probably next week, if anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=YEsdHs0-W-Y

That worked on other phones, but this has proved impossible; can't even see apps on the homescreen, just the background picture (2 girls in a photobooth setting, both qts)
Not quite so much of a lagdroid.

For the most part, google'd exploits and glitches haven't been successful so far. This Android is pretty robust

Have you tried plugging it into your PC and just manually going through the phones files....

>youtube.com/watch?v=YEsdHs0-W-Y
see

>>No, you can't just plug it into the computer and open up explorer to copy shit over. There wouldn't be a point to passcodes if you could just do that shit.

>No, you can't just plug it into the computer and open up explorer to copy shit over. There wouldn't be a point to passcodes if you could just do that shit.

Sorry fellah, I wish it were that easy. But no, phone companies tend to try to keep things shut

is your phone a samsung too?

Every phone I have ever plugged into my computer that has a pass code has let me straight into the files, all you have to do is swipe down and choose how the device connects, media sharing etc, then just navigate through the phone through respective drive

nope, I don't have an android myself.
>2 guesses as to what I personally use, but I'm not telling. Not going to reveal unnecessary infos

Then that's some shitty ass security Sup Forumsro, might want to lock that shit up better. nowadays, I'd wager 95% of phones require the phone to be unlocked before you can see any files in explorer.
Hell, even my chinkshit Asus tablet does that

Have you at least tried...

Done it on public pcs too, basic system pass codes won'trestrict access at least as far as I know due to my own experience with loads of basic password locked phones.

Yes, yes I have. I have "show hidden folders" enabled too.

1/10 made me reply
but free bump, hey

Brute force the swipe pattern. Because it's a stupid swipe pattern passcode and people are lazy, a lot of people tend to use the same patterns. Try Z and N shapes, usually what lazy people make it.

I'm not a super hacker I'm just trying to propose ideas, shit worked for me in the past but hey I'm a fucken pleb so

If you could find a nice compiled list of common patterns, I'd be game to try it out more, but I've run through all I can think of (letters and numbers), including whatever greek (possibly sorority affiliated) characters I can come up with.

I get it, and thanks for the interest, but it kinda sounds like when you kinda know your way around computers and tech support asks you if you know where the start menu is when you're trying to figure out some server configuration stuff

You can also play around with the angles, maybe rotate the patterns. Something should work

seen those, tried those (in all possible permutations, rotating and starting points)

If there were some way to brute force via software, that'd be nice...

I am opposed. I would wager the passcode is a straight line down the left or right.

is there a simplier way to remove the pattern without flashing? Obviously you cant factory reset.

no vertical lines, no 2-segmented lines, no single dots.
How about that ODIN tho

There is, but it requires either a custom recovery mode already loaded (which isn't, 'cos this is bone stock), or USB debugging (this girl wasn't a dev, and doesn't have it enabled)

I'm trying to flash a custom recovery onto it, but I'm getting hung up on the last part of the sequence, where the phone rejects the install (that's what I think is happening)

I don't know what ODIN is because I don't really do phone hacking. I'm more of a deducer. My next suggestions are nw-se-sw-ne following cardinal directions, and all rotations and reverses of said pattern. Also the letter Z. I base this of of it being a probably teenaged girl.

install gentoo

OP NOTE
While we're on the topic of brute forcing, which I'm slowly doing while we figure out how to break this shit, it turns out that the phone doesn't even count 1,2, or 3-dot patterns. So I guess I can start with 4-dot permutations and work from there...which still leaves with tens of thousands of permutations..
>not every helpful :(

Copy files with adb to SD card

Did you try

Have you tried this?

trendblog.net/how-to-bypass-android-phone-lock-screen-pattern-pin-password/

ODIN, from my understanding, is a toll used to sideload custom packages onto Samsung Androids, via flashing software packages.
But yeah, I've tried the most common letters I've seen. There are still 390XXX possible combos out there though, and there's a chance this owner wanted to protect her wins a little better (more complex patterns)

her pattern in one of these i guarantee it good luck

Can't do shit with adb, adb relies on USB debugging mode to communicate, and that isn't enabled. If I could use adb, I never would've made a thread in the first place, since the adb scripts are posted everywhere.

Yes...

3 of those don't work, since I have no idea who the previous owner is, and no idea what their email could possibly be.
The other requires a custom recovery installed, if you follow the source, (which I'm trying to do at this very moment, the whole purpose of this thread) and the last is the last resort, but deletes everything.

none of those worked

bump

New suggestion: find a local eight-year-old. Tell him to try all the combos he can think of, and when he gets it, you give him twenty dollars.

The phone needs to be rooted to flash a custom recovery

Yeah....and the means of rooting I've found all require usb debugging.

I guess I'm stuck then...so close though.

Now, shifting over to data recovery software.

try my pattern, maybe is the same :D

Also try super easy shit, like straight lines

Use emergency call and dial *#*#77254848#*#* and call should unlock in safe mode. Works for most android phones

Does the phone have a delay/hard reset if a certain number of tries are met?

If not, force upload the entire phones memory to an sd card. Load into an android emulator on your pc. Run a brute force script for pin codes. Wait about a week and at some point it'll unlock.

Maybe a bit of a long shot but maybe make a lost and found post on Craigslist or something. Then if you get a hit ask for the swipe pattern to prove it belongs to that person. Download wins before returning the phone.

WINNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

requires more than 3 joints, so there can't be any straight lines
awww, no such luck

Really??

No, Billy, that's what we call a samefag.

>Return
wait wut

you already tried a letter, like the V pattern? maybe is the innitial of the girl

Yes, he's tried all the basic shit.

Yeah no. Not recognized as an emergency number. Like I've said before, most "exploits" and "tricks" aren't working here.

Is there a way to load the entire phone as is into a file, with which I can load into an emulator environment with user-given root access, debugging, and custom recovery?

I've tried every alphabet twisted in all the ways, and greek letters I can think of

fuck man, why are you so desperate for random nudes of a chick? use the internets, go look at all the naked sluts you want

Different safe mode code for my sony *#*#7253131#*#*

That makes me a saaaaad panda

Another sad loser with nothing better to do. You should try this tasty drink called Clorox.

also did you steal this phone from the girl that friendzoned you?

Dub dubs should make you a haaaaaapy paaaaandaaaaaaa that's also high aaaaaaaaas fuuuuuuck.

I use a check. Start at middle left down one and up to top right

Gr8 b8 m8

Suicide is a good choice.

The only thing I can think of doing is flashing some kind of custom recovery like clockwork and you will be able to back up all to SD. Don't think it can be installed since debug isn't enabled

have you asked g?

literally missing the entire point

Did you try overload the emergency call by spamming with loads of asterisk * ?

It's the thrill of the fiiiight
But nah, there's something a little nicer about digging out the contents out of a seemingly impassible lock. There might not even be nudes on there for all I know, knowing how most girls use snapchat. It's also why I'm not going to spend any money, since I could just stare at the fappening leaks all day anyway, or those "pics u shouldn't share lol" threads

Don't work either :/

Actually yeah, I don't have anything better to do atm. And I figure it's a group puzzle for Sup Forums to solve

Bad news OP. That phone image is STOCK and when/if you cracked it thier will be nothing.

How was my post a bait, smartass. Fucking autistic parrot, huh?

what the fuck is the point then? retard

This.
wired.com/2015/09/hack-brief-new-emergency-number-hack-easily-bypasses-android-lock-screens/

Gr8 b8 m8

Yes, I'm so mad she kissed Chad that I decided to steal her phone. Now I hide away in my cumcave with my triple layer fedora and hacker trenchcoat
/s

Also true

I'm trying to flash the custom recovery at the moment, but its giving me an error, which is OP

Yeah, and there's no switch to camera button, which is what the rest of the exploit requires.

Stfu retards, you would think if the fbi can't hack shit like this then a derptastic method such as this is clear troll.

Seems like it...

So the second option that seems to be popular is to run data recovery on the device after factory reset deletes everything. What's the best software with the most comprehensive recovery system?

I hear Dr. Fone, Tenorshare and DiskDigger a lot, but what do you guys know about?

bump i want hidden noodies

you have a stolen phone, trying to (unsuccessfully) hack it, to see likely non-existant nudes of a girl who probably doesn't even realize you exist. Seems like you've got the fail train rolling

you should be able to get it with this exploit:
exploit-db.com/exploits/38124/
or you put the file in an sb card and the media scan should trigger it, or try to send an mms to the phone.

you still need a payload tho...

kek at Sup Forumstard calling Sup Forumstard a loser
go back to the fur threads

OP I hope this phone doesn't have a GPS tracking app on it for you sake

He was being sarcastic, faggot.

>tfw I fall for the bait