READ!!!

READ!!!

The marines have flamethrowers and fuel to last 900 octillion years, after that its handguns and boots.
The fight takes place on an infinite flat field, obviously not in this universe so no black holes and shit. The marines start in 1 group and the ants come from all directions (by foot) untill 1 team is 100% dead.
No death by hunger, dehydration, old age or disease but the marines still need sleep. No reproduction either.

Which team would win and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XTeJ64KD5cg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Break ant in half, you have two ants.
ant wins every time.

i dont think thats how ants work.
or how anything works for that matter.

I don't think you quite understand how high Grahams Number is, no chance for those marines

Its how a stick works.

Also can a math nerd explain Grahams number to me? The wikipedia entry makes no sense

somebody do the math

thats how stick works

Thats how tapeworms work

youtube.com/watch?v=XTeJ64KD5cg

ants would win

ants would win
because there are so many digits in grahams number, that if you somehow pictured every digit of graham's number in your head, your head would collapse into a black hole

yeah i know the joke, but eventually it would not be a stick anymore, for example how many atoms are there in a stick? well its certainly less than a googolplex.
And besides, "untill 1 team is 100% dead."
splitting an ant in half kills the ant.

that is also true for a googolplex, thats a really bad example.

wouldn't that many ants create a blackhole that destroys the universe and the laws of physics?

Ants only live to be 10-15 years old. Without reproduction, the ants would die of old age before they could make it to the center of the group of a googleplex of marines.

Grahams number>googleplex
by far

The ants.

A googleplex is 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 digits long. The number i just wrote is just 101 digits long.

Grahams number has so many digits that the number of its digits cannot be written if you could write a single digit on a single atom and you used all the atoms in the universe.

>Googolplexian has so many digits that the number of its digits cannot be written if you could write a single digit on a single atom and you used all the atoms in the universe.
The amount of digits in a googolplexian is equal to googoplex, googolplex cannot be written down in this universe either, bad example.

No, it's perfect. I can't write don't a googleplex, but i CAN write down how many DIGITS it has.

I CAN'T write down how many DIGITS graham's number has.

read again he is right

You know thats still so far under grahams number its laughable?
Don't even try to compare it to anything existing, it's not really possible

did you even read the whole post?
>Grahams number has so many digits that the number of its digits cannot be written if you could write a single digit on a single atom and you used all the atoms in the universe.

But it definitely ends in a 7.

The amount of atoms in the observable universe is LOWER than a Googleplex..

Dude, do you know the difference between a number and it's digits? Here's a number - 365.

It has 3 digits. 365 is a much bigger number than 3. You can write how many DIGITS a googleplex has. You can't write a googleplex in the universe, but you can EASILY write how many DIGITS it has. It has THIS MANY DIGITS: 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001

Easily Ants
Marines with flamethrowers???
[cough] friendly fire [/cough]
napalm city...

I meant even if you had multible universes to try and write down the digits of grahams number by your method, the amounth of univereses you would still be so high you could not write or even comprehend it, even if you would try to write down the digits of the numbers of universes needed to write down the digits of grahams number the number would still be so stupidly big.
Long story short, your example is kinda pointless and does not grasp how big this number is in the slightest

OP is comparing graham's number to a googleplex. A googleplex is small enough that in this universe you can write how many digits it has. Graham's number is so large you cannot write how many digits it has.

Use your goddamn brain.

no, because lets say that it was a googolplexian instead of a googoplex, now you could not write down the amount of digits in the amount of marines, but it would make NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER!

> no reproduction
The marines win. Ants turn on a queen who doesn't reproduce, and kill her. Without a queen, ants don't have a nest scent and won't defend themselves. The ants commit suicide.

OP isn't comparing graham's number to a googleplexian, he's comparing it to a googleplex. We can write how many digits are in a googleplex, we can't write how many digits are in grahams number. Therefore graham's number > googleplex.

>what is reading comprehension
Maybe just stop talking about things you barely grasp, fucktard

but the comparison is just fucking stupid, you CANT compare the numbers, but here you go talking about how many digits they have.

>Therefore graham's number > googleplex.
thanks captain obvious, would have never figured this out by myself.

It's a direct comparison of things that exactly matches what OP is comparing. I am comparing my apples to his apples and you're just sperging out about ZOMG IVE GOT SO MANY APPLES IT ISNT EVEN WORTH TALKING ABOUT

ants. the heat of the flame thrower will kill them if used for long periods of time

Tl:Dr

Dude....
Just stop, please

Marines. The ants wouldn't attack humans, they're just normal ants. Plus they wouldn't be organized at all.

yes, because you are comparing a single apple to a 100% apple omniverse and thinking that its somehow helpful.
Make a better comparison than just talking about digits and i might listen, get creative with it.

What kind of ants?? Would take a lot of kitchen "grease" ants to kill me, let alone a group of well armed marines... Eye roll. Common ants are annoying at best, def not lethal regardless of numbers or mass

have you ever tried breathing ants for millions of years? i can say its def quite lethal.
Dont believe me? give it a try.

Oh yeah and this pic of ra the rugged man