>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CHklv582HKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=I-6vLfDEpL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>almost 2017
>wasting money on expensive amps instead of buying an ice block

What's the way to go when you want to start transcribing and jamming to stuff like funk, soul and RnB? Do you just find the chord tones of each chord change, figure out if they're major or minor and add jazz embellishments where it fits or is there a more theoretical approach to take?

is there a safe way to into noise rock a la les razilles denudes without giving myself tinnitus? i'd like to avoid that if at all possible

should i get the Harley Benton ST-20 BK Standard B-Stock or the Rocktile Pro ST60-BK if i want a really cheap e-guitar ?

You must complete story mode to unlock Albert Collins.

Mother fucking KEK

le haha

Use your amp's volume knob

then it becomes a problem of being able to hear the guitars over the drums

What's a good book or website for getting started at fingerstyle?

Just got this, pretty banging

Best semi-hollow under $1000? Used is okay.

That's an issue in any genre. You should be wearing plugs if you dont want tinnitus. I have tinnitus and it fucking sucks so much. If you don't want to be driven nuts by the thought of silence, protect your ears with plugs or keep the volume down.

Then use earplugs. I used to play in noise improv settings and most of the time you don't really play any louder than your average metal band.

What the fuck is an "e-guitar"

Gibson Midtown, even comes with Burstbuckers for that sweet original PAF sound.

How loud is it? How much headroom does it have

What strap do you use for electric?

Shitty stock strap mine came with broke, I saw good reviews for a $5 Ernie Ball strap.

The basic ones are fine. I use a squishy neoprene one for bass but that's pure luxury and not necessary.

An electric guitar. That user is probably german and refers to the electric guitar as 'E-Gitarre'.

You're sitting on a couch at a Christmas Party and a guy hands you an old acoustic guitar.
Play us a song user.
What's the song you pick?

I think I'm gonna do it.

Smoke on the Water followed by Seven Nation Army. Then strum D, C, and G chords

Classical Gas. Everybody loves that song.

Just play the 4 chord song and ask "Do you know this?"

>one pickup ring mounted and other body mounted
>(((edge III)))
Pretty shitty ibanez

Good enough for the guy who owns it

youtube.com/watch?v=CHklv582HKQ

Bro, do you even Chon?
youtube.com/watch?v=I-6vLfDEpL8

>doodle-dee doo doo

It's a great choice, the Midtown Customs look good but the fretboard is made of richlite (if that matters to you) I think it's a fine material. The standards have rosewood.

i say
>lol an acoutist? real guys? an coutsic?

Or flamenco if you know any. Flamenco goes over well always.,

a Townes Van Zandt or Blaze Foley fingerpicking tune.

>tune down to C
>play a couple harmonics
>this is a little ditty I call PURITANICAL MISANTHROPIC PHANTASMAGORIA PART 2
>commence the chugga

Its a valve, so its relatively loud for a 10w. Its best loud, if you like a gainy clear crips sound

you never tune for black metal. varg used a capo on his first few releases to sound even treblier. c is for doom. chugging is for neither of those genres.

fuck i meant "tune down."

if you were trying to show that he's good or something...it didn't work

power supplies seem so gaudy and expensive, I just use two one-spots w/ daisy chains

>fretboard is anything but rosewood

instant buy

The cheap chinese ones amazon sells are completely adequate.

No frets are buzzing except the third one on the low E string?? How fix?

if you're talking about the Donner or any other $40ish one, they aren't isolated. They're just a One Spot in a box.

mathrock is the logical conclusion to guitar music, try to prove me wrong dadrockers

quads confirm my claim, 2017 is the year of mathrock, dadrockers btfo

son of a c\btich

Lets see you play something better.

hes just playing arpeggiated chords in odd time signatures, big whoop. not that im a strictly talent person but that style is garbage. id rather have a unique soundscape than whatever that trash is.

Just bought this for 555€

Tell me why I'm wrong.

How do I tell if fender pickups are genuine? I just bought a set of tex-mex's for 30$. Dude said they're genuine, started talking something about the underside of magnets being beveled. I just want to know if they're genuine texmexes. Also, how do I know which pickup is bridge/neck/middle? There are two pickups with black/white wires and one with yellow/black wires

because its an old blooz lawyer faggot geeter. jk love u bbe.

That's what I thought.

Is an epiphone Dr-100 a decent starter guitar?

People will bitch about specifics but any guitar is a good starter guitar. Anything to get you playing. I would suggest something in the middle of "cheap" and "feels good." Go to a store and try some out. You can always lower the action if you're worried about that. There's not 1 best starter guitar. People can be pretentious all they want but for the most part guitars all do the same thing.

If they don't look like this they're fake. Sounds like you might have got got

Seems bretty gud for a beginner guitar, you just starting out?

Autumn Leaves until a real jazz guitarist snatches it out of my hands.

>decent starter guitar?
>you just starting out?

meant for

My birthday is on Saturday. Should I buy a Mellow Yellow Tremolo and if not, what gear should I buy instead?

I have the same one. It's a great guitar in general.

Anybody have any opinions on the Squier Jaguar?

anything is a good starter guitar as long as it works

ahh shit they look different. oh well, i hope they sound good atleast

I want to buy a fuzz pedal that i can use for both guitar and bass. I'm looking for something with that heavy stoner sound like Electric Wiazrd uses. My budget is around 100 dollarydoos. Post some recommendations bros.

Boss FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz
the older the better

cant tell if sarcasm or another user agreeing with me

get a russian big muff

look up Travis picking.

how to get that early swans no wave tone?

If you're in UK where do you find bands to join?

Any of you ever tried Kinman pickups?

Been looking into the Hank Marvin set and just wondering if the brand are good.

Everyone uses gumtree.

Hey guys so I have a MiM strat that whenever I go play high notes for leads or whatever it sounds for lack of a better term, whiny and flat. I've tried it with both my line 6 and peavy vyrpyr and it happens on both, putting on distortion helps but there's songs I wanna play clean also and the sound just isn't where I want it. Is this just a strat thing? Also mine has a humbucker for the bridge pickup but still whiny even on the bridge one.

S521 vs S621
Is it worth paying extra for the pretty top?
Does anyone have these?

Sounds like your guitar isn't set up right.

That happens when the string is touching another fret further down the neck

Raise the pickup height on the whiny/flat part of you guitar.
Your pickups might be set too low down? put a xhead screwdriver and turn them gently the same each side.

Yeah just starting out

Turn the gain all the way up on your amp and instead of playing chords put your fingers on frets at random

damn sik thanks brodog

proof that mathrock is the only thing you should be playing on guitars

Got a blank body/neck for a bass guitar yesterday. Where can I find a pickguard that fits this? The body looks similar to a P-Bass but in all the pictures of P-Basses I can find they either only have bridge pickups or they have humbuckers at the neck, whereas on this one I guess the humbucker is supposed to go at the bridge.

Also looking for good color scheme suggestions, only two ideas I had were forest green + white pickguard or just staining the wood darker

neon green gloss on the bottom half of the body, matte pink on the top

OK I'll definitely try that out, hopefully it's that easy of a fix

Orange with white pickguard

i know this sound retarded as fuck but could i reflow the solder on my jack with a hot paperclip? i dont have a heatgun or iron so i need to do it somehow. i lost the washer and nut on my sg that keeps the jack in place while inserting and removing the cable. eventually the joint wore loose from repeated use and i saw that one side of the jack snapped from the solder pad. please give me any other options for a fix, even if temporary.

How can i establish a practice schedule?

I have about 3 hs a day and i'm using steve vai's workout as a reference. The only difference is that i add another block for repertoire.

I've tried dividing the 3 hours into 9 20 minutes blocks, however, i feel like 20 mins is not enough for me to practice the stuff i learn.

And the problem with having 30 minutes block is that i'll have to leave out many skills that i consider important and i won't have as much consistency.

So, how should i do it? How do you practice anons?

> tl;dr
I want to make my own practice schedule and i have as much as 3 hours a day available.

it takes 21 days to establish a habit, practice 3 hours a day for 3 weeks. make an effort to do it for at least those 21 days

Go with no pickguard. Also looks like some damage around the bridge area, hopefully you got a good price for that.

guitar isnt worth it when you play as a chore, just play like you want when you want. you will come to know what you need to learn. priorities and structure come with playing until you find a goal to strive towards. just play, its literally that simple.

This. Having a set schedule and routine sounds really tedious. Just play when you feel like playing. There's no magic schedule/number of minutes to play that will make you good. Just play.

Yeah i suppose i'll try that out, the problem is how to structure my practice time.

No i don't mean to play guitar as a chore, but i want to improve and i feel like i don't manage my practice time quite right.

You can buy a soldering iron for less than $10 from walmart.

What do you want to improve on? Practice that. Good good at that. Move on to the next thing you want to improve on. If you're not getting something right away, practice something else or take a break and go back to it.

improvement will only come when you know what your own playing style is which just comes from playing around. id rather be unique than technically proficient and robotic. just learn scales, which isnt a chore if you have a use for it. learn what you know you will use.

I usually start alternate picking up and down the neck, mess around with some slow sweep picking then play something similar to what I've been listening to or try and learn something new

Practice what you can't yet play
Enjoy now what you can play.