Can Sup Forums make a good language?

How about we design a language for this board?

Other urls found in this thread:

omniglot.com/conscripts/kala.htm
lingweenie.org/conlang/grapheion/
reddit.com/r/conlangs/search?q=organize&restrict_sr=on
frathwiki.com/Sajem_Tan
pastebin.com/4hvmZhA4
youtube.com/watch?v=-VsmF9m_Nt8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

autismus maximus

You're on Sup Forums and you're Finnish; you should be well-acquainted with it.

What would you base it on? Mix of different languages or bant roots?

I started one based on (Brazilian) chanspeak, but since I'm the only one with burgers up his ass the project didn't take off.

This is a third-pass, based on root-words I considered necessary for minimum expression.

I've got a great idea, hear me out
how about we take medieval german grammar , french vocabulary and some dutch words and mix them all together

>not making it a logographic language
It's like you're not even trying here.

You joke, but we can easily procedurally generate a whole lexicon of logographs.

English is already the perfect language.

Autism is an universal language

That would be Sanskrit.
Trolling is a art.

>procedurally generate
That would be interesting, how so? I'm actually planning to make a logographic language, but I'm still deciding on basic radicals to derive other shit from.

reminder tha tczech , ulster scots and luxembourgish are the perfect languages which god designed for his chosen people

omniglot.com/conscripts/kala.htm

Why would G_d give us three languages when Hebrew is sufficient?

Where does procedural generation comes in? I thought there would be some random scribbling bot or something.

Procedural in the sense that it is systematic and easily followed, like the I Ching or hangul.

You might like Grapheion: lingweenie.org/conlang/grapheion/

Man, now this gives me a boner.
I love selective breeding...

Do you conlang?

I mostly learn languages, but I have collaborated on a few.

Check out this new language i made up

አቢሲኒያ ዘመቻ

We already have a "language".
If you go up to some random group and say "mfw i shiggy diggy doo", they wont understand a thing.

Sup Forums and its legacy are mainstream. Almost anyone who has used the Anglophone Internet knows them.

Not all of them.

So are you familiar with any sort of pipeline?

I am mostly concerned about how to keep a "dictionary" (a word list, basically) handy.

But I'm not even sure how I'd do it in Portuguese or English, as learning languages is different from creating, and you just learn what you need and wait for new media to reinforce your memory of those words.

ሲኒመ!
(I created the first meme.)

>So are you familiar with any sort of pipeline?
A what?

A system. An organization method.
Folder structure, tables, anything.

reddit.com/r/conlangs/search?q=organize&restrict_sr=on

Are you all these guys?
Wow, conlanging is surely a lonely activity.

No, they are from different people. I just provided you with a list of available information so you could pick which was best.

If you want to help expand an existing collaborative language, visit /r/SajemTan.

Well, I mean... I thought this was a thread to discuss the subject, not to promote leddit and Google.

How were the systems in the languages where you personally were involved, if any?

>I thought this was a thread to discuss the subject, not to promote leddit and Google.
There is nothing wrong with Reddit. The majority of glossopoeists are found on Reddit or Imzy, so you'll have to accept it,

>How were the systems in the languages where you personally were involved, if any?
frathwiki.com/Sajem_Tan

>Reddit apologists
You need to go back.

Return to with all the other dumbasses.

You need to go back.

Wasn't there already some autistic brit who had designed one?
When he was angry he would shout it at his autistic girlfriend to show how much they didn't understand each other. I'm sure someone has the screencap

>Wasn't there already some autistic brit who had designed one?
Don't speak ill of the dead. Tolkien had a hard life.

Yet another autistic Brit. There seem to be plenty of them.

So, should it be a priori or a posteriori?

He's right, though. But I like this infographic, useful to separate liquids without listing all of them.

see

Too many cooks will definitely spoil a conlang.

I had an idea to draw up a "Turkic Romance" language; imagine if the Roman Empire had a colony with a predominantly Turkic-speaking population, and over the centuries their local substrate mixed with the Latin superstrate, and then the resulting creole went the way of Romance languages (simplification of Latin basically). Something like what would result is what I'd like to try.

If anyone's interested, reply to this and we'll try to work out some way to share contacts I suppose. Note: would be ideal if you have any idea what you're doing and even better if you knew anything about how Turkic languages work. I know a decent amount about linguistics, but it's all chaotic unsystematized knowledge with lots of blank spaces, so I'd have to spend a good deal of time in "pre-production" first, that is researching shit I need to know.

Wasn't if for the language choice, I'd be interested.

>Too many cooks will definitely spoil a conlang
A natural language too! But that's life, I guess...
At least having many people working on it means you have more than the average amount of speakers (1).

I don't do a posteriori and I usually don't like naturalism.

This. Sanskrit is perfect in every way.

Woe to him who learns it though. Shit's impossible.

nice idea, I'm hopping on this boat :^)

so, um, how are we going to do this?

Just don't make it overly tryhard, that way nobody will even try to learn it.

Keep it fun and easy and keep it Sup Forums related, maybe make use of the filters like desu = desu, senpai = senpai, etc. I don't remember the old ones though, I think "faggot" was candyass.

[email protected]

drop me a line there, but don't take too long obviously

Kek i fucked up with the filters but you know what I mean.

> Can Sup Forums make a good language?
>good

If it's not autistic nobody will create it.
If it's autistic nobody will learn it.

It's time to face reality.

TAKE THE POO
TO THE LOO
GO PAJEET
AND LET IT RIP

>[email protected]
check your email account

Good luck with putting effort and hours into something nobody will even look at. Maybe people on Reddit would try, but you're on a website full of lazy NEETs and weeaboos.

This is unfortunately true.

I'm not even sure OP is here anymore.

I'll repeat my question, maybe someone else might to theorize about it if it doesn't become a language:

How do we make a language for Sup Forums, deriving words from many other languages, or from local culture, like memes and bantering?

The closes we have to it, by the way, would be some spurdo spardre speeak, which could at least lead to some phonotactics.

Gountry nabes guld bery well be wridden lieg dis, bud as we disdanse ourselbs vrom englij id might begome hard to even see the gonnegtion and id'll only loog lieg some avrigan language.

I'd go with broken English (on the surface, obviously it'd have its own grammatical rules), with some vocabulary just simplified from English but also with an assortment of memes replacing words for everyday concepts. A pidgin of sorts, I suppose

Spurdo speak + old/current word filters

We tried this a little over 5 months ago

Doesn't seem like that long ago at all holy SHIT time goes by fast

Implement some special stuff for irony/sarcasm and shitposting

still got it
pastebin.com/4hvmZhA4

So will it retain mutual understandability with English?

Generally I like conlangs to be independent, but this could work, if we make the grammar unique enough to look like a different language.

It would be funny if each country/continent/area or something had to use a different verbal conjugation or sentence-ending particle, for instance "desu" for Japanese, "hue" for Brazilian, or even the same particle, but written in a stereotypical way.

For instance, the verb "going" would be "goingue" for Romance speakers, "goingu" for Asians, or "goinyg" for Slavs... just throwing in some ideas.

Gib post number.

This looks horrible and dull.

Yeah something like that

>goinyg

Goink*, and blyad for particle :-----DDD

>So will it retain mutual understandability with English?

Eeeeeh... I'd say at about the level Scots did is how I'd imagine it ideally

It has been tried multiple times.

youtube.com/watch?v=-VsmF9m_Nt8

I really like the verbal system, but I think the language is too alien for anyone to try it out.

Are all words derived from obscure 3-letterization of memes?

>obscure
No.

But yes to triconsonantal roots.

>No.
The thing is the origin of the word is not visible in any way, so there is no attachment to the language when encountering it.

The verb "do" deriving from shiggy could be conjugated and still hold its resemblance:

shaggë
shuggo
shëggi

But in this system it would most likely become s_h_g

sahag
sohïg
seheg

See the difference?

>The thing is the origin of the word is not visible in any way, so there is no attachment to the language when encountering it.
That's what makes it a new language.

It has to be engaging, else no-one will even consider trying it out.

Memes are good bait, but they have to be apparent when you look at the language.

Por exemplo, provavelmente você entende parte dessa frase porque tem etimologias comuns ao inglês. (Assumindo que não aprendeu espanhol ou outro idioma romântico).

Should we make an Anglo-Romance mixed with Finno-Japanese?

Yeah good luck learning all of that shit mang

That is essentially what is proposing though.

Yes, lets do the exact same thing that every other attempt at making an Sup Forums language did, making it too hard so that nobody will even try to learn.

Just copying English meme-speak is stupid though.

Why don't we just learn Toki Pona instead?

Can't write with that alphabet on 4chins.

Here, I tried mixing the previous language's verb system with a more English/chan-friendly word derivation.

Yes, >>> is a verb, why would you even want to SPEAK Sup Forums?

Actually, now that I looked into it a bit more it could work.
Apparently you can learn it in about 30 hours, or a month if you do it casually.

ni li ken.

Toki Pona uses the Latin alphabet...

Thats not what this image told me

It needs to be more aesthetic.

Sanskrit was not originally spoken by pooinloos, the language (and its civilization) comes from Europe.
Note that Sanskrit has native words for oak, lind, wolf, bear, elk and rabbit but none for palm tree, tiger or cobra.
It's a language of Northern or Eastern Europeans who migrated to India.

kala insa li la ale nasa li lawa pilin. pilin li pilin e open weka pi alasa ko lete poka monsi ike tan ala mani pi ma alasa kulupu li mute e kalama lon ike sama sike seli. esun pi soweli nena moku li selo pi lawa soweli lili. monsi pi kala tu awen li awen kule li ken ante.
tenpo ni la monsi jelo li sijelo e mani lon sona pi kala sona pilin sama jaki li soweli e jelo pi sona weka ko. soweli nasa pi supa waso kon li anpa e musi nasa pi ale moli unpa lon kiwen moli pi palisa pimeja sitelen li awen weka e mani mama e walo. tenpo suno ni la utala kalama li supa e uta ni pi nasa jelo tenpo tan supa sike pi seli lupa utala li jaki la ike mute li pini pana e kalama pi sijelo tawa open lon kili pi mute ike moli poka mute pi tawa meli namako. telo li kama lili e lukin pi esun kala seme e kule esun sama lukin pi pipi ni kama li open insa e seme pi mama alasa awen e mute kili pi laso pini pona kepeken poki ona.

It has to be easy to type, nevertheless.

Which makes me wonder: does international keyboards even have the umlaut ¨ to begin with?

We can simplify things by making it a matter of case.

So wAgsluv = will work and waslUv = worked.
That can be bad for reading when I (capital i) is involved, though.

Should /nouns/ be circumfixed with slashes?

This could work.
Toki Pona relies on context, so a translator wont help outsiders.

Maybe places, referring to boards and generals.

What about country names, how about using the (romanized) native name?
France, Brasil, USA, Suomi, Nederland, Deutschland and so on.

>That would be Sanskrit

Everyone knows Enochian is the language of the angels.

>90 posts
>no one mentions Esperanto

YOU ARE LETTING HIM DOWN

We are making a NEW language for US on this site.

Esperanto is shit, absolute shit.

yeah sure, because that's totally realistic

ur mom is shit, absolute shit

Stop using proxies.

I don't use proxies, i use ur mom

Any suggestion on how to form plural?

The word samefag doesn't help much.