Women of the world, take over

>women of the world, take over
>cause if you don't the world will come to an end and it won't take long

how misogynistic is the idea that women are these benevolent creatures who are incapable of evil deeds?
I know these lyrics weren't written by him but the machismo in them DISGUSTS me

irony

again, 1999

we've had this thread

yeah i always felt something weird about that lyric as a woman. i think both if its ironic or sincere it can be read as misogynistic.

it's ironic

believe me it's ironic

you have to know his sense of humor

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

either way its misogynistic

Posting this a 3rd time just to reiterate: irony

it's most likely in reference to one specific woman, taking a sarcastic tone, with how much is actually known about the lyrics themselves, to cast them as misogynistic is incredibly unfair

Thats a good point. Probably the one that remimds him of looking at the sun and how the blind are so damn lucky

I was going to wait for a retort from them and then bring up Insignificance.

glad someone put that together

"ecofeminism posits that a masculine sense-of-self considers itself separate of the world, whereas a feminine sense-of-self sees itself as fundamentally interconnected, with responsibilities. All violence and ecological crises, then, come from failing to make connections"

>ecofeminism
oh dear me Sup Forums what happened

nu-male music

see now this is inaccurate

nu male music is Beyonce, DCFC and Run the Jewels

he is a genius

why is this the only album of his that you talk about? seriously what the fuck is wrong with Sup Forums why are you all so pleb?

I agree, although a lot of his experimental stuff is sub-par. there's definitely more room for discussion

yeah. his pop stuff stands out among pop. his free imrovization/ noise/ ambient stuff doesnt stand out within free imrovization/ noise / ambient at all

>as a woman

delete this

Bad Timing is the secret patrician choice.

what context do you have to say that? it's pretty clear he's one of the boldest American electric guitar improvisers out there, and sort of the link between the tonally engaged jazz guys and the pure-noise tabletop guys, that's why I like him

I don't think you know what you're talking about at all

great fucking album

Jim O Rourke taking on Primitivism is truly beautiful

his stuff not on drag city is the secret patrician choice [spoiler]pleb[/spoiler]