Just bought this thing for $500 CAD. Wayyy too loud for my little room

Just bought this thing for $500 CAD. Wayyy too loud for my little room.

What do?

Also post bass heavy songs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=InhIIdLxp8g
youtu.be/KpGIHEIQO4A?t=18
youtube.com/watch?v=Ld-6CGt0cGg
youtube.com/watch?v=b08nffbMgMg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRHfWE_rzoM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>bass monitor

turn it down

youtube.com/watch?v=InhIIdLxp8g

It's almost all the way down

>krk
Kek

The rokit 5 monitors are great, the sub is just drowning them out. sounds liek a fucking truck outside

>buys a bass monitor for casual listening

its for mixing sub frequencies retard

In that case mastering for public performance?

mastering is a process that happens post mixing

you fucked up

turn it up louder :^)

so because it's made to listen to music, it can't be used to listen to music? oh wait, it can. retard

this reminds me of my dumbass friend who lives with his parents. he bought a drum set on a whim and put it in his tiny ass room. whenever he wanted to play the damn thing he had to put on the ear protectors that they use at shooting ranges

>so because it's made to listen to music
but its not. the intention is to give a clear and flat response to sound

So monitor sub frequencies while they're mixed but not when mastering? Is mastering performed on site?

by listening to music and sound. god you're retarded.

mastering gear is different than regular studio and often done by someone else at their mastering studio. general mixing should be done with the sub off anyways and only turning it on when focusing on the low end if you even need it.

>flat response
guess you know nothing. speakers for listening to music want to make the music sound as good as possible, monitors want to make it appear as exposed, clear and flat as it is. this includes flaws

nah, i just need to tame it. Turned monitors all the way up, sub all the way down. Sounding good.

Get some foam for under the sub and under my desk and door and elsewhere, and hopefully the software for my DAC will help with that, too.

you're the idiot. you're saying that a loudspeaker cannot be used as a loudspeaker because someone slapped the word monitor on it. great job falling for marketing. the fact is a monitor and regular hi-fi system should sound the same as listening to them should show the final mix that the engineers created perfectly. that's audio fidelity.

they literally have different goals, speaker types and housing. you are an idiot. thats like saying a lambo would be a great truck because it is also a vehicle and costs a lot

>anime avatar

opinions disregarded

no one said any of that. the goal of a hi fi system is perfect sound, the goal of a monitor system is perfect sound. nice strawman though.

>the fact is a monitor and regular hi-fi system should sound the same as listening to them should show the final mix that the engineers created perfectly.
>the fact
>should sound
>to them should

that false equivalency, not strawman
strawman would be if he said you were saying one of them sounded bad.

no, the goal of a monitor system is flat and honest sound so you can hear flaws. the goal of a hifi system is to reproduce and couture sound to your environment so its nice to listen to

Welcome to Sup Forums friend.

Right. So I perform a bass, it's recorded through a mixing desk then taken to a mastering studio afterwards. The sub on this speaker wouldn't be turned on while the producers were busy mixing.

Is this correct?

PIL - Metal Box
Animal Collective - Danse Manatee
Good bassy albums

>the goal of a hi fi system is to sound colorful, the goal of a monitor system is to sound flat.

fify

generally you only want the sub monitor on when specifically focusing on the bass. the "mix" and the producers job should be complete before taking the stems to the mastering studio

Are you a robot?

You're all fags and will never convince each other of anything and you're wasting your time in your short tiny life arguing pointlessly on Sup Forums
Fucking plebs

0110111001101111001000000111100101101111011101010010000001100110011101010110001101101011

lol dude you're here forever

OP here

I'm well aware of the difference between normal loud speakers and studio quality monitors.

I wanted the monitors because I want to hear all those nuances.

That is all.

>tiny life arguing pointlessly on Sup Forums
>Fucking plebs
Agreed. No one likes the music or art that we can produce so it dies. Why are you here then?

this is such a boring argument because it's the same shit everytime
>the goal of a hifi system is to reproduce and couture sound to your environment so its nice to listen to
it always comes back from an subjective bullheaded standard that pretends to be objective.

it's the same shit. like you can't use monitors because they make special waves despite being loudspeakers too

you win

>make special waves
well, the speakers are different, so yeah, they act differently. the goal is not to tune to the room. this is why i made the lambo comment. both are vehicles. different goals. fuck you are dumb.

>still on about a fucking lambo and truck
fuck you m8. they're loudspeakers and they work on the same fucking principles and having monitor slapped on your fucking speaker doesn't make it a fucking monitor. and you have to tune your fucking room to get any accuracy out of a hifi or a monitor system you fucking cuck. why are you so fucking stupid?

my whole point is a loudspeaker is a loudspeaker and a good one is good.

The stems? Now just a jimmy gosh darn moment there. That means when you mix my sound you split out frequency into bands, distort them, re-record it then take the stems to a mastering studio.

J'ai pas. Cest loire.

>my whole point is a loudspeaker is a loudspeaker and a good one is good
and a vehicle is a vehicle. a good one is a good one. you are right though, the word monitor changes nothing, its the speaker and the housing. how can you not accept that speakers can be different or have different goals?

no, stems are the individual tracks or track groupings. its not a freq band thing. sometimes they might want a vocal up or vocal down master or something.

youtu.be/KpGIHEIQO4A?t=18

because a loudspeaker serves the purpose of reproducing sound. there may be big ones or arrays or tweeters or woofers or subwoofers but they all reproduce sound.
vehicles have a wide range of purposes that go far beyond just moving people around

a loudspeaker that cannot reproduce accurate sound is worthless and simply a showpiece. just like a vehicle that can't move

Right so if a band only used one microphone then a mixing desk is not necessary.

But a track grouping which is a stem can have many tracks contained in it before it leaves the studio.

>sound accurate
>sound nice
>the same thing
ok bud

>so if a band only used one microphone
if thats the case the probably dont have a mastering engineer.

a track grouping would probably be like, all the mixed drums for example. mastering engineers look for small things to clean up

subjective manipulation of a loudspeaker's purpose is also meaningless

buy shit for "listening" and shit for "monitoring" if you want. the engineer should have done his job with his "monitors" if he wanted the music to sound "nice"

>mastering engineer.
Maybe post production?

>the engineer should have done his job with his "monitors" if he wanted the music to sound "nice"
correct. then you buy a pricey ass system to make sure you can control that result he wanted via you subjective taste

Ignore the subjective \ objective definitions, debates and any separations of subjects, classes or objects into the two because it does not lead to the correct answer or truth.

subjective tastes change. especially when your tuned to your subjective taste system doesn't sound the same on the next track or album or work you listen to because it was engineered by a different guy.

i believe objective accuracy should always be there for you. that's hi fi.

now my mommy brought pizza so imma go eat

there is no truth, besides waveforms. follow the waves and stop being an anti intellectual

It isn't an anti-intellectual stance. Using a subjective and objective split even without considering truth won't describe the waveforms nor will they be followable. NOTE it is quite a big deal.

>krk

you're black and your a producer right.... fucking retard

>2443▶
>OP here
the difference doesn't fucking matter, because krk doesnt make anything thats of studio quality... what you bought is a piece of shit the chuffs like crazy and cannot into

youtube.com/watch?v=Ld-6CGt0cGg

Completely embrace it and blast the music out loud.

Heavy selection(s):
youtube.com/watch?v=b08nffbMgMg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRHfWE_rzoM