Say what you want about the show...

Say what you want about the show, but Hodor's death and the circumstances of his life was one of the saddest things I've ever seen on television.

RIP

FUCK WHITE MEN

I was sad until the anger set in.

post yfw "Hold the door"

HOLD

When does it stop fucking hurting? Its been half an hour since I finished the episode and it still hurts. Is this what grief fees like?

Call me a shill or whatever but I really like S6 so far excluding the deaths of Roose and Doran

> His whole life purpose was so that he could protect Bran and save the world
> His life was ruined so that he could make the ultimate sacrifice
> He probably had nightmares and visions of his eventual death throughout his life

Game of Thrones has really descended into killing people for the shock value that it normally numbs me, but this hit me so hard for some reason. This is the one death I actually feel sad for and give a shit about.

yeah ive been liking the season a lot

things bug me here and there though, like dorneshit, more ramsay plot armor/luck and dany's silly fire scene

It was legitimately sad, fuck man

This. Like, I'm fucking shattered. I just don't get why I'm so god damn torn up about this but yet I am.

I'm kinda bothered by how slow Jon/Sansa plot is going, and how Tyrion has a small plot in every episode for no clear reason, but otherwise its pretty great and Bran is interesting for once since S2.

Kinda miss intrigue with KL lacking plotting.

I don't watch GoT, it just isn't for me. I know from passing that Hodor is a big mongoloid who can only say his name and that he goes round helping people or some shit.
Can someone explain what all this hold the door suff is?

Hes not necessarily dead theyre saving him for a later episode when he reunies with Bran/Sansa's army

maybe you should go back to r3ddit

Guys, did he die a virgin?

Sorry, I was laughing my ass off screaming POTTERY at the screen. And I'm an empathetic person.

His whole life was literally defined by his death

HE HELD THE DOOR

It plays on people's emotions when dealing with killing those that cant defend themselves.

Like whenever a movie/show shows an animal/woman getting killed, everyone is like 'oh how could they do that, the poor creature'. But meanwhile they show 10 men getting killed and people are like 'who gives a shit'.

So showing a retard get killed makes people turn on the waterworks and cry themselves to sleep.

Bran warged into him to fuck Meera but I'm not sure if that counts.

Basically a character is able to watch the past, sees Hodor as an able bodied boy with an actual name who was friends with his father where he falls and has a seizure yelling HOLD THE DOOR HOLD THE DOOR HOLD THE DOOR until it just becomes audible as "hodor" and the episode ends with hodor holding a door so his pals can escape

Before Bran wargs into Hodor you can see how shit scared the big guy is in that cave.
He knows what's going to happen soon, he has probably had visions of his death ever since Bran fucked him up as a kid.
It's pretty sad man ;_;

IT COUNTS!

Even summer licking his half giant cock whilst sleeping counts

>tfw giant zombie hodor crashes through the wall

It was awkward.

Wait, so did Hodor know that he'll die in this fashion since he was a kid then?

and he couldnt tell anyone, because thats all he could say

It was hilarious because it reminded me of hi woowee

A small part of me was laughing inside at first as I'd see a few people here and on random facebook comments predict that Hodors name would come about because of a reason just like what happened on the show. Just not quite a dire circumstance though.

Then reality of how sad and tragic the events that played through his life were sets in, then the feels set it.

:(

He was so reluctant moments before Bran possessed him, he knew all along what was coming...

I actually kinda like the Jon/Sansa plot since it's going somwhere (we're gonna see Brynden and Manderly out of this) the ones I don't really like are filler plots like Dorne

Yes. This is what makes it sad. The guy knew when and where and how he will die yet still decided to stay to protect his friends son.

not to mention that he "warged" into him basically controlling him in the future. Kind of weird

No, it is established that he had a huge cock. At least some of those Winterfell women rode that. Especially since he was a retard and couldnt really tell about it after

SOME OF THEM WANT TO USE YOU
SOME OF THEM WANT TO GET USED BY YOU

The death in itself is not sad ... But man the reason behind the hodoring is shattering

cheers

So how do you assume Hodor always knew what was going to happen while growing up?
I just thought warging into him fucked him up and all he can say is Hodor

Yeah, its a good plot, but it took half a season for them to leave the wall. In S1, Ned was fighting Jaime at that point. Its so slow, when I want it to be lengthy and full of events.

Also Jon still seems boring af.

Hold the door
Hodor on the floor
Everyone White Walkers evermore

So he was a Sup Forums poster to the end?

so summer is dead too. not many left of the direwolfs

I hate that they've introduced time travel.

The show works better as a low fantasy, Bran is simply too powerful now.

>tfw shitty dany scene ruined it enough for me to not care

He can only say one word "Hodor", ever since he had an accident as a kid. This episode we find out that Hodor means "hold the door" which is what another character tells him to do when they are attacked by zombies. Basically magical tree induced time travel caused the streams to cross or something like that, causing Past Hodor to see into the present and get his eggs permanently scrambled

>That moment when kid Hodor locks gaze with Bran

...Damn

Did summer get stuck in the cave?

So him holding onto a door for a few seconds helped them escape an entire of the undead?

Also how the fuck did meera kill that guy with a spear?

Just Ghost and Nymiera.

>Hodor's death and the circumstances of his life was one of the saddest things I've ever seen on television.
You don't watch the News Nikka.

Meera got obsidian from Sam when they met at the end of S3

Hold the door, you brave soldier.

It had a dragon glass tip.

it was probably made by the leaf people from obsidian or whatever the fuck (which also appears to be how they made the white walkers if im not mistaken)

Her name is Sansa

this whole sequence was a cavalcade of anger

first, I'm pissed about how they just throw Summer away
then I'm pissed because they give the Child a drawn out death we're supposed to give a shit about, but honestly who fucking cares
and to top it all off, they kill Hordor in the most retarded way possible

Summer jumped at a bunch of Wights and got gangbanged by swords in the most pointless death so far

Jojen always knew what was going to happen to him and he didn't care

>"Even as Bran was out of the sight and the White Walkers were upon him... He held the line!"

one less fat fuck

xd

fucks sake

It would have been sad if it wasn't so fucking silly.

Why is everyone saying it's Bran's fault?

He didn't know it was going to happen.

this

heres something I havent seen be brought up yet... The scene where the white walkers walk up to tree dude. Is it possible they can infect/possess him and inherit his ability? I doubt they will just kill him

The episode was directed by one of the LOST directors

Also LOST > GOT

Because he let the night king know where he is. If not for that hodor would have survived.

>How can we have drama this episode?
>DABID, WHAT IF WE KILL DOGE AGAIN DABID
>WHAT IF HODOR MEANS HOLD THE DOOR DABID AND WE KILL HIM TOO
And why the fuck did Bran need to go to Winterfell flashback to inherit Bloodravens position? Wouldn't it have been smarter to get the fuck out of there right away?

Is the Children making the white walkers part of the books or new from the tv show?
Was the guy they whited a Stark by any chance? And that's presumably the Night's King right?

His name was Willis Paulson.

So Hodor must be 50 something right? And Bran Makes him a retard at around 12, so he spent over 40 years as a retard so he could hold a door for Bran and the white walkers catch him 2 minutes later.

I mean it seriously doesn't look like they would get far much less get away.

Everything's his fault. From not listening to his mother and climbing up the walls of Winterfell to disobeying the tree guy and going on the acid trip by himself.

I actually cried face tears that dripped down, I don't think I've done that since I was a child.

Maybe I just needed a good cry.

He actually directed The Constant too, GOAT episode

No, it's literally the only death this season that actually had a buildup. That's why it's more emotional.
Everyone else (including the dire wolfs) just got stabbed and forgotten.

It's total show shit

I'm sorry but I was laughing my ass off how bad the entire scene was after Summer jumped in to get shanked and that elf bitch blew herself up. Grrm has to the biggest hack of all time if all his books are leading up to Brann traveling back in time to stop the wights honestly.

Did she not meera not realise that hold the door sounds just like hodor. It would've been confusing for him. She should have said "stay there" or "don't let them out"

I did too.
I've never cried over this show, and that fucking scene hit me hard.

Didn't Pippo do the exact the same in LOTR?

I wish Hodor would've said something different than Hodor while holding the door. Would've made it even more dramatic. But I still liked it.

Hodor isn't retarded. She described sausages and bacon and eggs to him and he understood just fine.

Remember how big his dick was?

I remember watching it with my gf and furiously searching online after to prove to her it was fake.

Merry didn't die though.

But it sounded like hodor so he could have thought that she wanted him to come with them

>tfw we will never see Sansa getting railed by Hodor's huge retard dick

Is this thread for fucking real, do you actually think the HOLD DE DOOR shit was good?

Tormund will have to step up

>not realizing him and young lyanna fucked

He's not a vegetable, but I'd say he's simpler that Willis was, and Willis wasn't too bright to begin with.