I used to think he was a genius when I was a teenager but I'm starting to suspect he might be legitimately brain dead...

I used to think he was a genius when I was a teenager but I'm starting to suspect he might be legitimately brain dead. Anyone else starting to feel this way?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/3556108
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes, turning 16 is an important step

childhood is idolizing manson
adulthood is realizing trent makes more sense

He's always been an edgy tryhard. His "music" is legitimately shit.

He was genius back then. He's probably much more talented now than he expresses outwardly. He's probably afraid that if he tried to reform himself now nobody would take him seriously. At least he knows what they think of him when he continues what he has been doing.

Manson is edgy, teenagers are edgy, that's how it clicks

>"I went back and recently listened to Antichrist Superstar and it brought back a flood of memories. It's one of the proudest things musically that I've ever done. It felt like the right people and the right time doing the right thing. I had a lot of fucking fun doing a lot of stupid things, but that was then. I had a lot of fun at my birthday party when I was eight but I wouldn't want that same party now.

>As far as Manson goes, during the Spiral tour we propped them up to get our audience turned on to them and at that time a lot of the people in my circle were pretty far down the road as alcoholics. Not Manson. His drive for success and self-preservation was so high, he pretended to be fucked up a lot when he wasn't. He resented when he was up in the morning and wanted to work. Things got shitty between us and I'm not blameless. The majority of it though was coming from a resentful guy who finally got out from under the master's umbrella and was able to stab him in the back. He is a malicious guy and will step on anyone's face to succeed and cross any line of decency.

>Seeing him now, drugs and alcohol now rule his life and he's become a dopey clown. He used to be the smartest guy in the room. Getting high deprives you of your creativity and, as a fan of his talents, I hope he gets his shit together."

Everything Manson has done, Skinny Puppy already did it in a far more horrifying manner

his ego got to his head
pushed away everyone around him
now he is alone surrounded by cocaine

Somebody screencap and make an image of Marylin Manson typing this

All joking aside, Reznor was just as bad during the early 90's. The difference is that he was young enough to avoid the long term damage.

You do it you lazy faggot.

such genius so ideologically sound.

So if NIN and Skinny Puppy are better than Mr. Warner's work and aren't as cringeworthy as Blutengel, where do I start with them?

I still like Manson. Yeah, Antichrist Superstar is his best, but stuff like Four Rusted Horses, Killing Strangers, that's some amazing work far outside his usual box. NIN have been so over the place, meanwhile, it's hard to pin them down these days. I think I love them both equally though.

I always preferred Ogre's solo stuff. Pedafly's one of their better tracks from their newer albums though.

Reznor spent his youth getting fucked up while his body could take the punishment. When he got older, he stopped it

Manson spent his youth not getting fucked up and when he got older, he decided to start abusing his body.

here
vimeo.com/3556108

Start at the beginning and watch how Especially Nine Inch Nails grows and changes over the years.

Skinny Puppy doesn't do that as well, but it's far more brutal sounding content.

anyone who can make millions of dollars by making music, is a genius to me. idc who shitty the music is lol.

If you've literally never heard a single NIN song or album before, start with Downward Spiral. A lot of their later stuff is more diverse, but it's generally agreed to be their best album. If you like that (or even if you don't) give The Fragile a go. It still ties back to Downward Spiral, but you can see him starting to branch out from there.

He is a Jenius u faggotcuck

He's not stupid, that doesn't make his music less edgy and garbage.

he's a smart and kinda interesting person, but as a musician he's not that great nor interesting.

Trent is /myguy/. Broken was one of the records that inspired me to become a musician and develop my current taste and standards for music.