Mandela Effect

Mandela Effect

What do you guys think about the Mandela effect?

For example, do you remember C3PO in Star Wars as being all gold, or having a silver leg?

Is there two separate historical timelines or is it just memory lapses?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h6sj89xgnl4
youtube.com/watch?v=iw-YiEnHJ4s
youtube.com/watch?v=m5NVS6z8S_U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you are fucking retarted

very plausible considering humans are fucking retarded to say the least

What about froot loops and looney tunes?

Mandela Effect is bullshit.
Anyways, I remember him golden but I know he later got a silver leg or something, not sure anymore what happened.

Also due the light sometimes it looks like he's completely gold

I thought avOcado was avAcado

Ah Sup Forums thank you for not being another YLYL, trap or political thread.

I'm new to this, but remember the leg being gold, but digital restoration of the original movies could have made the "silver" part more silver.

>What do you guys think about the Mandela effect?
It's bullshit and the namesake case is the most bullshit of all. Consider the following: If Mandela died in prison, why would anyone on Earth know his name? He became famous as a result of his release.

>For example, do you remember C3PO in Star Wars as being all gold, or having a silver leg?
I don't really remember it at all, so I won't venture an opinion. This is what Mandelafags can't seem to emulate.

>Is there two separate historical timelines or is it just memory lapses?
It's bad memory mixed with egotism. Nothing more.

>Also due the light sometimes it looks like he's completely gold

This. plus digital restoration has made the silver part easier to see/notice.

Okay, here's another Star Wars one. Which line do you remember Darth Vader saying to Luke Skywalker?

"Luke, I am your father"

or

"No, I am your father"

?

No I am your father

He lost his leg cause a bomb was planted in it and he had to ditch it. Its side cannon shit.

> the goggles, they do nothing

> my eyes, the goggles do nothing

You fucking idiot?
c3po is the fucking blue and white trash can shit, dumbass.

That isn't the Mandela effect, this is retards not understanding the Mandela effect. Thousands of people quoted this line, and since they weren't all 100% retards they gave context to the line by saying "Luke" instead of "No", because if someone says "Luke" it makes it obvious it's a Star Wars reference. Millions of retards heard people quoting it incorrectly, so they just assumed the quoted version was in the movie.

As for C3PO, it's an obvious case of shiny metal being hard to see clearly on very old video, and you aren't likely to just fucking stare at the gold robot's leg and say "hey, the leg is silver". Many toys and cosplayers assumed he was gold, and so people did too since they were more likely to see a million toys than to rewatch the movies and stare at a robot's leg the whole time.

>can't tell if trolling or stupid

um, no that would be r2d2

The second. I sperged out when the memers got it wrong.

These are just quotes that are repeated incorrectly more often than correctly.

>>can't tell if trolling or stupid
I think that makes you stupid

Fuck off retard

underrated post

That isn't the mandela effect. That's hearing the correct way to say something and assuming that the phonetic spelling was correct, when it wasn't.

Also not the mandela effect, it's retard kids being retards and assuming that words were spelled "normal" instead of the "kewl" way for advertising. Froot Loops were always spelled this way, that was the whole fucking point, to have the o's replaced with the cereal on the box.

samefagging this hard

Just looked up this shit, found it on meme explanation site.

> I propose that the universe is a 4-dimensional complex manifold. If you don’t se habla math jargon, that means I propose the 3 space dimensions and the 1 time dimensions are actually in themselves complex, meaning they take values of the form a+ib, part “real” and part “imaginary”. Within this 4D manifold, there are sixteen hexadectants (like quadrants, but 16 of them), corresponding to whether we consider only the real or imaginary part of each of the four dimensions. In our particular hexadectant, the three space dimensions are real, and the time dimension is imaginary

my reaction in related picture

gr8 m8

He always had a silver leg but you could barely see it on screen plus it was dirty the whole time so you can't really see it. Yes he always had a silver leg.

i know i'm bitting the bite, but this meme has to stop.

Its Artu Deetu

thats plain stupid

Hahahahahah..... busted!

I think he actually mentions it at some point, too. About being repaired and shipped off with new parts.

Also in the Force Awakens, they nod to the silver leg by giving him a red arm.

Something like this is usually intended to help the viewer distinguish a certain character from other identical ones; especially with robots and stuff.

>F11 inspect element

If you really wanted to, of course.

Kek

It was changed as well as scenes dropped when they remastered for DVD.

No, this is patrick!

Everybody listen. Universe A people need to stop arguing with Universe B people--you're both right and we're living in universe C now. 9.11, not cern. alchemy not science

You mean R2D2, right?

>Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.
>He told me enough! He told me you killed him.
>No, I am your father.

OR

>Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.
>He told me enough! He told me you killed him.
>Luke, I am your father.

Which one sounds more natural? The first one because that's all it's ever been. People just say it wrong. Fun fact, Kirk never once says Beam me up Scotty in the original series but it's one of the most famous lines ever.

"No Luke..... I am your father" is how I thought it went.

But again, it's been a very long time since I actually saw it, and have more recently seen parodies of it.

9/11 didn't happen for me. Any ideas?

That's more understandable because it would make much more sense in the context of the conversation but it is in fact just "No, I am your father."

youtube.com/watch?v=h6sj89xgnl4

This moron uploaded the scene and couldn't even name the video right.

Muslim

youtube.com/watch?v=iw-YiEnHJ4s

>THIS
he was all gold
then if you remember in that scene where those little shit fucks are taking him apart and scrapping him, he gets the silver leg after that

I feel like the Mandela effect is bullshit, because if it were actually a real phenomena then we would have documented it much earlier. I think this strange lapse in memory is because we're all exposed to so much information at once, with any kind of medium, our brain has to pick and choose what it focuses on and fill in the blanks later. C3PO looks mostly gold so we assume his entire body is gold, giving us a larger allotted amount of attention to focus on finer details, like his facial features, tone of voice, etc. The word "Bearenstain" is formatted in a way where it looks like it could end in an "ein" sound, so we assume it does and instead pay more attention to the characters on the cover.

These two details required little to no real thought, and wouldn't have affected their stories significantly, so we choose not to pay attention to it. We can only process so much information at one time.

Yeah... IN THIS REALITY

>all you got to do was follow the damn train, cj.

>all we got to do was follow the damn train, cj.

It is very real, and the hadron colider is repsonsible for it happening.

youtube.com/watch?v=m5NVS6z8S_U

you guys are fucking stupid hes a dulll silvery gold in the original trilogy and then bright gold in revenge of the sith cause padme had him painted

"Momma always said life is like a box of chocolates." -Forest Gump

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" -Mr Rogers

>Momma always said life WAS like a box of chocolates.

ftfy

>It's a beautiful day in THIS neighborhood

ftfy

> He became famous as a result of his release
No user, that is completely wrong, which means you're likely underage b&

But they could easily make other protocol droids silver and keep C3PO gold to reflect that he is unique. He doesnt need to have one body part a different color for no reason.

You could easily not be a moron and realize that C3PO wasn't supposed to be a completely unique model. He was a normal robot, identical to the rest. The silver leg was because his original leg was stolen, which is what kept him unique.

I laughed more at this than the original unfunny post.

>Not knowing how famous someone was before 1990 means you were born after 1998