Do we really have an obligation to be tolerant of intolerance?

Do we really have an obligation to be tolerant of intolerance?

What's wrong with saying that hate speech is a crime in our society?

When will we admit that Trump has gone too far and deserves punishment?

fuck you go burn a fucking flag you fucking vagina wart

>yeah fuck people who hate an out of control two party dictatorship fascist government that thinks corporations are on the same level as the people hur dur

die

I don't like Trump or the things he says but if I have my way he will never deserve legal punishment for the asinine things he says.

So yeah, you do have an obligation to be tolerant of intolerance. It's called the first fucking amendment.

It's not like you're even trying here.

>you do have an obligation to be tolerant of intolerance, it's called the first amendment.

the first amendment protects speech, religion and the press, where does it mention an obligation to "tolerate those intolerant" when you have the right to do the exact opposite and speak out moron

>OP makes this same thread everyday

Goddamn Sup Forumsro. You need to get fucking laid.

the first amendment does not protect:
1.Hate speech
2.Threats
3.Defamation

>implying op is the only one making these threads

Just like you have every right to speak out, Trump has every right to say what he wants.

Implying that people care

Because over time what is determined to be hate speech, may very well be the speech you need to change this country for the better.

And before you reply with idiocy, reread the first 10 words of this post. Then read them again.

>What's wrong with saying that hate speech is a crime in our society?

Only the fact that in the USA that's a lie, but under the first amendment OP has every right to lie or post this hate speech.

hate speech the thread. more crap from the tolerant left.

so you think its approved speech then

Spidey takes the thread

I hate trump, but he has a right to say whatever he wants, and we have a right to laugh him off of the national stage. That's freedom, if you don't like it, fuck off or grow up.

>Do we really have an obligation to be tolerant of intolerance
Yes, faggot.
>What's wrong with saying that hate speech is a crime in our society?
Banning hate speech bans free speech you fucking Nazi.
>When will we admit that Trump has gone too far and deserves punishment?
Never, if you're too weak to take the hit then get the fuck out of my country, we don't need or want the weak here.

Freedom is freedom. We've strayed from that somewhat as a country, but at the very least I'll stand my ground on the freedom of expression.

If that means defending Trump's right to be a retard, then that's the price I'm willing to pay.

And if you think that's dumb, then remember that censoring Trump is just the first stepping stone towards censoring yourself.

Good trips

>we have an obligation to be tolerant of intolerance
I don't think we do chuckle fuck. I don't see why a society in which racists run rampant and play up to people's insecurities is a good one. Just look at what's happening just now. Society is divided and it's getting worse

>wanting to silence Nazis makes you a Nazi
No it doesn't, it makes me a good person

>if you oppose hate speech you are weak
I think weakness is saying 'like, say what you want man' and letting him get away with it.
Just my opinion

Troll or not this seems to illustrate how the new nazi's think. They can't even let someone else voice their own thoughts when they don't agree with it. Fucking fascist faggots.

1A doesn't give you a free pass.

You can't yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater without being held accountable.

first amendment only applies to government - not to individuals. I do not have to listen to your shit.

Yeah, let's become like Europe and make it a crime to shout fire in a burning theater

Tolerance is cancer, it's putting up with what you know is wrong and it ruins societies.

I agree with you OP. Speech is not totally free in Germany. You can go to jail for promoting Nazism, for example. I don't have a problem with this and it doesn't seem to cause problems for most Germans either.

Like wanting more refugees, why would anyone be tolerant of that. Or homosexuality? fuck you immigrant loving faggots

Hate speech is not a crime unless it incites violence. Freedom of speech is a right, not being offended isn't. Get that through your liberal head or get the fuck out of my country.

Are you brain damaged or so young that you don't know that law's been around since 1919?

Pretty sure you are wrong about the 1st one. Threats and defamation aren't protected, but hate speech is and imho should be.

This. When will we say enough is enough? Free speech is the last refuge of the indefensible.

What law?
Do you even know why Oliver Wendell Holmes made the burning theater argument?

You post an image of Hitler like free speech helped him rise to power, not realizing free speech is just as likely to stop evil as it is to facilitate it.

Hate speech is constitutionally protected fam. If you criminalize hate speech you can criminalize govt dissent. Might as well not even have a 1st amendment at that point. Everyone has the right to be offensive, nobody has the right to never be offended. And if words rustle your jimjams that bad I suggest drinking a cool tall glass of man the fuck up and start acting like an adult.

> Good person.
You're missing the point.

A constitution is a document of law, not morals, so attempting to apply a moralistic view of what you deem to be good or evil is inherently flawed.

Silencing anyone goes against the equality and freedom that this country was designed around.

When he actually does incite a riot, then that's a crime, yes. Until then the example it moot.

Well, if we ever reach a universal consensus of what is "wrong", then we'll both have an answer and lose need of one. Until then, we'll just have to deal with the fact that we don't always agree on everything.

> inb4 you call me a Trump supporter
Nope, no idea who I'll vote for yet, but I lean left, even though I can't stand most of the leftists I know, for reasons like this thread existing.

It does in fact protect hate speech

If you are not tolerant of intolerance you are intolerant yourself and therefore not tolerant of yourself.

Intolerance to everything you dont deem right is the only true path

Finally someone who isn't a cuck, whining about their feelings and how they are moral perfection

Hitler knew better than to tolerate free speech or the people dividing and destroying his society.

You are fairly ignorant yet expect to be tolerated. So fuck off.

Silencing speech is something facists do. The nazi comparison is fairly accurate. Nazis thought of themselves as good people too.

Being pissed at the dumb shit people say (which I am, especially with right wimg nutjobs like Trump and left wing idiots like you) is completely different than wanting to ban speech. Move to England if you dont value free speech. Your views are offensive to me as a thoughtful human being.

>Hate speech
Nice meme my friend. I make memes myself sometime my friend

there is no arguable basis for defining hate speech such that it can be resolved to an enforceable law.

sticks and stones might break my bones but words will trigger faggots.

>doesn't protect hate speech

Grow some fucking balls you pussified liberal cry baby faggot.

Kek

Also well said.

>lol toughen up lol
Yeah cause you've been exposed to hate speech every day since you were born. You really know what it's like. I can tell
Also are you a white male by any chance