Hi /b, im buying a gaming computer

hi /b, im buying a gaming computer.
will be first time building one, and i've picked these parts so far. pcpartpicker.com/list/kP2bhq
Should i change anything? Is everything i need included? i wont play too heavy games.

Other urls found in this thread:

memorybenchmark.net/read_uncached_ddr4_intel.html
memorybenchmark.net/write_ddr4_intel.html
komplett.no/search?q=16 gb ram ddr4&hits=192
pcpartpicker.com/list/kK8bhq
komplett.no/search?q=16 gb ram ddr4&sort=AverageRating_bf:DESCENDING
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks like a good build. I personally would add a hard drive for some more storage and a keyboard/mouse and headset.

i already have the keyboard, mouse and headset. thx for your input.

solid build. what os are you planning on using windows 10? buy the key on r microsoft software swap of your planning to save a few bucks

i planned on downloading it, and making a bootable usb. will be first time though

cool. pretty easy to install. Use rufus.

ok ty, i'll do that

>Get a z170 mobo (for overclocking)
>i5 6700k (save $100)
>use $100 saved on cpu and get gtx 1070
>ram is too fast for your current mobo - get 2133 if sticking to it.

"gaming computer"

kill yourself lol

You don't need a 6700k unless you are doing content creation or utilising some other multithreaded application. Save money and get a 6600k instead, you won't notice the difference. You say you won't be playing too many games but even if you are playing LOL or CS:GO you will want a graphics card. With the money you save on a CPU get a RX 480 or a cheap 970, you will be able to max out any game at 1080p and do fairly well at 1440p with either of those two. You might want to get a smaller SSD, like a 250gb Samsung 850 evo, to use as a boot drive and for applications you want to load quickly and then have a HDD for mass storage.

Otherwise, looking good Sup Forumsro.

im a complete noob, i have no idea what overclocking even is. but thx, and the ram im buying is on sale so its k.

umad? xD

there is room for improvement user

cooler - hyper 212 evo

hard drive - go with Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280

ram - Ballistix Elite 16GB BLE4K4G4D26AFEA

that hard drive/ram combo will be considerably faster than what you have in your list.

ok so i5 6600k, and a better graphics card. What about replacing the gpu for ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 AMP?

Bro you're buying a k series chip and an aftermarket cooler and not planning to over clock?

Save even more money and just get a 6600 with a stock cooler then

you cannot overclock that CPU with that motherboard. the motherboard u have is Intel B150 chipset, you need z170 chipset like other user mentioned to overclock

Yeah all 1070's are basically the same, I personally always go for ASUS STRIX because they offer a pretty good factory over clock with room for improvement but whatever you think will look best in your build will do.

zotac is trash. my gtx 680 ZOTAC just died.

stick with EVGA for video cards

isnt all ram the same?
im not planning to overclock

What he said

rofl yh im mad, y u wasting money on a "gamur pc"?

You can buy urself several months of neetdom with that cash faggot

hi everyone .. i will also buil dmy pc for first time .. here is list of components i will use and tell me what to change :

>MSI Z170A GAMING M3 DDR4

>INTEL Core i5 6600 3.3GHz BOX LGA1151

>G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-2400C15D-16GVR 16GB (2x8GB) PC4-19200 DDR4

>SAPPHIRE R9 390X OC Tri-X 8GB PCIe

>TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB 7200/32/S600

>Toshiba Q300 120GB 25/S600

>ThermalTake Versa H22

>Thermaltake Contac 16

>THERMALTAKE Smart SE SPS-630M 630W cable management

feel free to change it around

go fuck yourself with your islam and your bomb... why you built this? yoz should feel bad.

Yes, essentially all ram is the same, you won't notice any improvements from faster ram or overclocking your ram or pretty much anything ram related.

Overclocking your CPU and graphics card isn't hard user, there are plenty of guides on the internet and successfully finding a stable overclock that give you a significant boost in performance is a nice feeling.

all ram is not created equal. find one that benchmarks the fastest than you can afford

memorybenchmark.net/read_uncached_ddr4_intel.html

memorybenchmark.net/write_ddr4_intel.html

the ram i linked is pretty high on the list. if you dont plan on overclocking, there is absolutely no reason for that noctua cooler, completely overkill. hyper 212 evo will do just fine

dude that shit costs twice as much. could you check this link and tell me which one i should chose
komplett.no/search?q=16 gb ram ddr4&hits=192

Heres a build I just mocked up for not much more $$

pcpartpicker.com/list/kK8bhq

Its itx build as I prefer the smaller form factor (even though the manta case is not much smaller than m-atx case)

why 850w, when computer uses up to 340?

Overclocking

ok, is 6600k good enough. do i have to overclock?

You'd be safe with a 650w. Id just prefer the overhead space for the future to support sli. I suppose with the never gpu's being power efficient as fck 850 may not be needed any more.

what about changing the ram to Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666MHz 16GB?

No certainly not. Just buy the best you can afford. A 'K' cpu is for overclocking. If your not comfortable doing that or have no use, get a non Z board and non K cpu.

You will need a better motherboard than the one in your list to get the best out of that ram. Go for 16gb ddr4 2133mhz. At the level you will be using the computer its completely fine.

i mean thats alright, but pretty CMK16GX4M4A2666C16 is far down the list honestly on memorybenchmark

if you went with "better" ram it would have 10-20% higher benchmark scores

ok, so it is better to get a non k cpu, and non z board if i plan to not overclock. IS the board i have chosen ok?

could you check this link and see if there is anyone you would reccomend? komplett.no/search?q=16 gb ram ddr4&sort=AverageRating_bf:DESCENDING

Swap MSI mobo for ASRock its better. Swap MSI GPU for EVGA one and I would go with PSU for Chieftec. Rest seems good.

what is wrong with the mobo i've chosen? also i'll check out the gpu part

That GPU isn't as good as a 980

Don't forget thermal paste for the CPU! I would also recommend zip ties or Velcro ties for cable management.

Already saw it mentioned, but you can easily pickup a 3TB hard drive for $100ish, which will be well worth it for storage.

Parts used to build it :D Also EVGA is ONLY manufacturer on the market which uses japanese instead of chinese capacitors. In short its built better for same or less amount of money ;]

ok ty, isnt the thermal paste preapplied on most coolers? atleast included?

ok thx dude!

usually pastes that u you separately are better. You should try to search on google which paste is best.

ok, i'll check that out!

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC Gaming, this seem good?

Hard to tell tbh. For sure EVGA makes best GPU cards, but i'm not sure if new series 10xx are rlybetter than 980.