Tfw rap will be considered the "next jazz" in 50 years or so

>tfw rap will be considered the "next jazz" in 50 years or so

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2TN-kDEKxF0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How does that make any sense

Nah you're thinking trap rap senpai

Get used to it, whitey. Crackers haven't invented any meaningful genres since the Industrial Revolution was happening

>tfw that will literally not be the case

lol, there were music genres during the industrial revolution?

What the fuck did you do to english.

Trying to correct this is making my brain hurt.

That's how industrial music came about, silly

jazz will still be jazz and rap will still be rap
idiot

Are there any current genres that could surpass hip hop in the next decade? Jazz blew up in the 20s, rock/r&b blew up in the 50s, and hip hop blew up in the 80s. If the thirty year intervals continue, we are nigh on a new pop music genre

why is jesus sad

kek. Trent must be 200 years old if he's considered a pioneer.

trap

Yes. Symphonies, concertos, chamber music, piano solo, madrigals, masses, opera, etc are all considered different genres of classical music. Not to mention folk music which has also been around.

lol

Feel free to disagree, but you'd be wrong.

I thought those were just classified as compositions in musical eras. I didn't think those were classified as genres.

I know the original post wasn't even serious but none of those are different genres, they're different formats/instrument choices. Is Bud Powell's piano trio not the same genre of bebop as Dizzy Gillespie's big band just because they organized songs differently and had different instruments?

Genre is just a term meant to organize music. It's pretty standardized that "the symphony" and "the string quartet" are separate genres even though both use similar formal structures, etc. It's because there's a lot IN classical music so when people want to talk about a specific instrumentation, they say "genre"

so rap would be old white people music that's being studied at universities?

Oh absolutely, despite it's simple and easy appearance, there's a whole lot to good and effective rap than what you might initial think there is. For example, you need to have unique delivery, much like legendary jazz players have (consider Thelonius Monk vs Oscar Peterson), there needs to a good beat (again, style), and well-put rhymes (the study of modern poetry). Rap quite literally is the new jazz

not enough tritone subs though

what the fuck

He bought an iPod instead of a proper mp3 player.

this will not happen.

kek

rap is the new rock right now anyway

White people didn't invent folk music, champ

Hip hop head here. That's not true. If anything, rap is the new "rock".

Shots shots shots and nigga nigga nigga will become grandpa music

Your on to something

in how many years will this be considered academic music
youtube.com/watch?v=2TN-kDEKxF0

That's not really anything that new.

i'm not gonna let this happen!