Albums with no low points

Albums with no low points.

Albums with low points.

If you think I am memeing you are dead wrong

All of these.

(I'm up-ing your meme with a better meme)

Made me chuckle.

Sextant fucking blows my mind. It manages to be a great fusion album and a great (proto)-techno album.

DESU I only included it in the list because everyone else likes the album so much.

I'm still trying to it to click.

Their only album I can make this claim with

I think a larger part of the album is the timbre of sounds and how they interact rather than solos, it's not nearly the same as head hunters

Kind of feels like a wall of noise to me.

>it's not nearly the same as head hunters
Well that much I knew.

You a Herbie guy? Glad I met another Herbie guy.

Here's my top 5:
1. Fat Albert Rotunda
2. Headhunters
3. ManChild
4. Thrust
5. Mr. Hands

Every song is pretty dope

Never felt that way to me. One of the only few albums I've felt motivated to learn the entirety of on guitar. The others being Slayer's Show No Mercy, Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger, and am currently working on Megadeth's Rust in Peace.

Show No Mercy was absolute perfect in an album other than Tom's muppet vocals on Die By The Sword

Can agree with that.

Ha sorry I'm not that big of a herbie guy but sextant is probably my favorite album of his, maiden voyage being second. What do you think is his best material post-70s? After that I've only listened to some of the electro material

>His material post 70s
Guide to each of them:

Mr. Hands was a fantastic fusion album and probably one of his more underrated works

Monster was fairly mediocre but had a highlight or two throughout

Magic Windows was about the same, one really good track at the beginning and a fantastic instrumental at the end (his weak albums usually always end with a really good instrumental)

Lite Me Up was fucking garbage. Imagine an MJ album but worse.

Future Shock and Sound System were a more drastic change, a lot more electronic/dance music but still had some great stuff.

Perfect Machine is the same thing only minus the good tracks.

Dis is Da Drum is the most 90s as fuck album you will ever hear in your life. Drum machine focused.

The New Standard and Gershwins World are more straightforward/standard jazz. Very good albums.

Future2future was shitty drum and bass.

River was some fantastic re works of Joni Mitchell songs.

Imagine Project was one of the worst things he's ever made.

Thanks, nice to get a brief overview of his later works! I might check out Future Shock soon because I like Afrika Bambaataa and early electronica

I prefer Sound System because of the songs Junku and Karabali, but Futureshock is still a pretty good album.

If you need guides to his earlier works just let me know.

This is the definition of a consistent album

Have you listened to Herbie's entire discography?

Yes! All of his solo studio albums! (and the soundtracks 'Death Wish' and 'Round Midnight')

>people posting old albums in a thread unironically that isn't shit from the '60s

beautiful.

Easy

Like the Maroon poster (killer post btw, Maroon kicks ass, although I would have posted Rock Spectacle instead because it's objectively impossible to shit on it), I'm completely serious.

The Stooges - Funhouse

This but unironically

lol

No, it's an example

And checked