Do you guys think that Pink Floyd is overrated?

Do you guys think that Pink Floyd is overrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/xessex/comments/4xecw5/kelly_diamond/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

no, theyre underrated

I couldn't hear the question, I was looking at tits

What the hell is a pink floyd?

Yes they are over rated like Led Zepplin

Something about Pink Tits.

Which one is Pink?

Not rated. pink floyd is now part of the untouchables. Get off my lawn.

I'm listening to pink floyd "time" right now, get some culture you swine and take some lsd.

reddit.com/r/xessex/comments/4xecw5/kelly_diamond/

Love em

Who's pink floyd

Lol go back to listening to cuntry music you faggot

I'd say they are just 'rated'. Only people who do drugs and listen to them on vinyl think highly of them, normies with good taste in music recognize the good songs they have and what place the rest falls into, and complete idiots that dont know shit think they are 'over rated'

>plebbit

please kill yourself

Of course you need drugs to listen to that garbage.

Fucking degenerate trash.

overrated?? haah... i wish
the only thing thats overrated these days is hip hop and rap

Go back to your drugs hipster.

Extremely. Then again, they're also one of my all time favorites. They're a very mixed bag.

Meddle, Animals, Wish You Were Here, DSotM are all great IMO. Then there's everything else.

The Wall is trash compared to everything else they've done and people just wank on it because they haven't done any listening for themselves in order to form a real opinion. I hate how that seems to be the Pink Floyd that everyone knows.

Yes

Best post is best

The idea of any art being "overrated" or "underrated" honestly just seems stupid to me

Some great albums, some not so great.
Arnold layne and see Emily play are much underrated tracks IMO

maybe to an extent, but they did popularize prog and made a huge impact on how people thought of the genre of rock. they aren't nearly as important to prog as say king crimson or CAN but they are still a fantastic band and anyone who dismisses the fact that they are by arguing that they're simply overrated doesn't understand quite how musically significant they were.

I've had friends who think they are overrated, but I think they truly were ahead of their time and deserved the fandom they received.

They were at the cutting edge of applying electronic aspects into music, without losing sight of actually playing their own instruments and writing solid pieces of music and conceptual albums.

I would say they were certainly one of the more pivotal groups from the last half of the 20th century.

Yeah, but only a little.

>Haha I like to judge things I have never tried for myself because I just know I'm superior
You sound like everyone else on this board, unoriginal and unquestioning yet unique in your own way like your opinion matters. Fuck off with that shit you goofy idiot, it's getting old

QFT

God tier

One of the greatest bands of all time

Dark side of the moon one of the greatest albums of all time

>this so hard

fucking drug addict medicine and literature students,who think they achieve enlightenment with their lsd and shit tier music

Win

>get some culture you swine

my god.... the cringe

syd barret is underrated. gilmour is waaay overrated

> everyone else on this board
Technically includes yourself...

This. The wall was their downfall, and it only went further down after that. Animals is definitely my favourite though.

Pink Floyd's ok

As a band, they seem to have been better than if you just add up each of them individually, which is kind of cool.

Meddle is better.

yeah sorta

Only people who have no clue what their music helped spawn would call them overrated.

>The Wall is trash compared to everything else they've done and people just wank on it because they haven't done any listening for themselves in order to form a real opinion. I hate how that seems to be the Pink Floyd that everyone knows.

tfw the wall is your favorite but you never actually tell any real pink floyd fans that because you know what they are going to say

That is your opinion man, I love both, but Dogs really do it for me. The build up, the guitar solos, and the tense part where nothing basically happens.

Dogs is the song that brings most emotions out of me, any time, anywhere, drugs or not.

Well I don't HATE it, it was just so fucking watered down (huehuehue) compared to the albums that weren't just Roger Waters' emo childhood tales.

do you actually have a reason to hate this person for posting a reddit link, or are you just mimicking what other anons do, like the faggot you are?

i think the wall is pretty great tbh
especially around "is there anybody out there?"

>falling for the bait
>inb4 "i was pretending to fall for it"

I will give you the ultimate answer.
Syd's PF,was one of the 3 most important psyc bands of the 60s.(VU,Doors,PF.in that order)
with syd gone,PF's second record(still with his help) was still an amazing record of studio experimentation and harmonic dijuction.

after these two amazing records,their quality started to decrease,and finally after atom heart moth,the great pink floyd,the hippies that were against the system sold out.years later they would lead the pseudo-intelectual prog-rock revolution with records such as the dark side of the moon,wish you were here and the wall,and would have created the new standard to records that sell,which had not changed since elvis.

the rest of the records are trivial,and not worth mentioning

I don't think so. Some of their albums are like ear sex to me (the good kind, not having a pencil-thin cock puncturing ear drums). As with everything else, some people hate them, some are neutral, some love them, and everything between.

Yes

Given they aren't bad

They just aren't as good as the hype

A lot of their music is better with drugs, Welcome To The Machine is pretty good.

Comfortably Numb is gr8 song. They are excellent live. Better than records

Maybe a false sense of enlightenment is better than living day by day doing the same thing.

>living day by day doing the same thing
Like taking lsd and listening to pink floyd?

In a world of shit music they are gods among men.

They have been for 40 years...so yes

i am a huge fan of pink floyd, but I dont do drugs. Should i listen their albums with drugs to enhance the experience? what drugs do you recommend?

Waters writing is over the head of most /btards.

Clearly most don't get it. Lyric wise it's gold. Composure wise it's gold.

If you haven't the mental aptitude to understand it go listen to led Zeppelin.

I have that picture framed on my wall

ummagumma

Mauve Keith are way better

No

td