>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Old bread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WM_YRZWb3MM
amazon.com/ESP-Viper-Viper-1000-Electric-Guitar/dp/B004Y3IZGU/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1482854492&sr=1-1&keywords=viper 1000
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder that obsessing over pedals and tone does not make you a better guitarist. it's why you're not very good....

Looking for a second guitar and not sure what to get. Tried a Tele for a while but the twang was not for me. I already have a Strat but I think I may just buy another as back up.

youtube.com/watch?v=WM_YRZWb3MM
I didn't play with any pedals for years then I tried a multi one to mess with tones but hated it so much. I like the straight amp sound, and maybe an OD pedal but just for a volume boost.

If you don't have a guitar with humbuckers it'd be worth going that route imo. What's the point of buying the same model of guitar? You gig a lot?

Sure stay mad poorfag

>tfw you realize how important a metronome is while recording when it comes to piecing everything together

Tried a humbucker before put prefer single coils.I want to buy one for practice/back up and keep the other for gigs

How are jackson guitars? I haven't heard any shit talking about that brand

good, but theyre not for grandpas
>shitty player detected

Get a guitar with p90's
They pretty good, not sure about the cheaper ones but the pro series is a pretty good line

Never tried p90s but I will look into it, thanks mang.

P90's are literal Sup Forums meme tier. They are very niche and will restrict your sound by entire centuries. Just purchase yourself a decent Telecaster and you will be set. There is no instrument more versatile than the Fender Telecaster.

Pretty new to using guitars so this is a pretty stupid beginner question but I ordered a Squier Vintage Modified Jag and heard a lot of complaints about the stock bridge so I picked up pic related and was wondering what strings to use for it? Preferably some Ernie Ball strings

guitar strings

S521 vs S621
Is it worth paying extra for the pretty top?
Does anyone have these?

>Ibeenhad

>They are very niche and will restrict your sound by entire centuries
Citation needed

just get a strat

Can a middle single coil in a HSH set up compete with a bridge single coil?

P90's are niche, tinny as fuck, and are meme pick-ups solely for pre-1955 surf-clean garbage. If you want to severely restrict your guitar's sound, go ahead and place P90 pick ups into them.

t. Guitar player 13 years, technician 10 years, and retailer of musical instruments 4 years

10-52

>Non-prestige Ibanez
Shiggy Diggy

yeah look at all those fucking faggots who used to play surf music with their P90 equipped hollowbodies and P90 equipped 50s Les Pauls

t. 40 years obnoxious cock, 10 years taking care of my wife's son

>Ibanez
shiggy diggy yourself

Nah MiJ Ibanez are great guitars to play and can be found cheap on the used market. If he's buying Indo shit-sticks he's wasting his money.

>P90's are niche, tinny as fuck

So wrong. They're just fat sounding single coils literally any other single coil pickup will sound thinner. First couple of Santana and Black Sabbath albums were p90s (not to mention countless jazz albums) or what about Neil Young in crazy horse, or fucking SUNN O))). not exactly what I would call a thin sound.

just get the cheaper one and use the money to get better pickups

LOL DESTROYED

>tinny as fuck
Nigger what

that fender strat TT3TT

Who else /classicalguitar/ here?
Feels good looking down at you disgusting plebs

Does the Ten Hour workout book work or am I being memed?

>he fell for the Ibadnez meme

I still want to do it for when I get around to recording. I'm more about the overall sound, but the technique is part of it.

>technique is part of it

Listen to any guitarist and a famous band. They don't talk a whole lot about tone. They talk about technique.

Who is Dave Gilmour.

This Marty Friedman weeb music shit is pretty cool

I had trouble reading and playing a part so I stopped 5 min in.

>tfw ill but still trying to practice daily

There's no reason to fear tube amps. There's very little maintenance but a lot more tone compared to other options.

Good for you user. When I'm ill I just focus on technique instead of theory as I can't concentrate properly.

>ishibashi has now stopped international sales of rosewood guitars
IDS HABBENINGES

>tfw meal band I play bass in booked a new years eve gig
>tfw just wanted to stay at home alone and drink until I puke

Man this is bullshit. I'm about to order a custom guitar from a luthier in China and it was going to have some exotic woods (ebony and macassar ebony) what do you think the chances of it being confiscated are?

How do I fix buzz

I've been learning on an Epi LP Special II for about a year and I am getting increasingly annoyed by buzzing when I pick the 6th string, either open or fretting the lower notes. I set the action higher (though it wasn't very low in the first place) and it's still happening.

It doesn't seem to be my playing, as I'm not getting it with other guitars I sometimes play.

Bonus question is should I get a PRS SE as my second electric or save money for something more based

Sounds like the nut slots are cut too low. You have to replace the nut, most luthiers will do this for about $40. You could do it yourself but you'll probably have to ruin a few nuts to get it perfect if it's your first time + you have to buy the nut files.

you might have to level the frets but I'm pretty it's just an improperly cut nut.

Yeah m8 ebony is on the list as well. Kangaroo dollar is strong against yen right now but that ban is just shitty timing. At least it helps with my GAS.

Got a link for that chink luthier? How much did it cost you? I remember theres a Chinese company that makes pretty good custom hollow bodies for cheap but I forgot the website. I think I read it in a /gg/ thread or some forum

>Sounds like the nut slots are cut too low, You have to replace the nut
I saw a video where someone stuck a piece of guitar string in the nut below the actual string to make it higher.

You could try that method user.

>save

I did the metal band thing from 16 - 21 yrs old and enjoyed it a lot. Then filled in for pop punk bands and sold a lot of my gear. Now all I have is my Fender Tele and a Mesa Dual Rectifier. Realizing if I want to start gigging again straight away, the easiest genre / most fun for least effort is gonna be going back to metal stuff for me.. So I'm in the market for a 2nd guitar with active humbuckers.

. .So I'm looking at Schecter, Ibanez, Jackson and I'm really liking Schecter guitars for most bang for the buck. I'm not a floyd rose fan, and with schecter I can get a thru-neck guitar with EMG's and they look and feel great for under 400 bucks. I don't see many other guitar companies offering as much for that low of a cost. The C1 Platinum is a good example of what I'm talking about. This guitar pictured though is for sale on my local craigslist, I'm hoping its still available, $350 bucks!? Hell yeah

Yeah, I've got a Damien with passive EMG's and a Jackson Soloist X with active EMG's and I'm seriously considering ripping the actives out for Bare Knuckles. I love the Jackson and I played the hell out of the Schecter. They're both decent instruments for the price.

Some of the new Gibbos have some Rosewood alternative thing, and it looks like garbage.

With an Epi LP Special it's probably not worth spending any money to fix an issue like that, you're better off just moving on to a better guitar.

Also, PRS are a meme here but the SE's are great guitars for the price.

Post your guitar strings

what are some fun, groovy, slow guitar solos? Stuff like the one in smells like teen spirit or hey by the pixies

>tfw started learning the Major G Scale

Been playing for about 7 months now. Why are bar chords easier for me than power chords?

>tfw you live in a humid tropical shithole

>being a priest

>????

Too lazy to get an image, but D'Addario prosteels. I wish they made balanced tension prosteels though.

Should have started on the C major, it makes more sense in a theorical context as it has no accidentals.
Barre chords probably seem easier because you usually hold them longer before changing them, while power chords can get hectic in some cases.

>Bare Knuckles
I've never played on those pickups, I'll hafta check em out in person somewhere sometime. The only thing I don't like about the Damien is the bolt on neck. I definitely notice a difference in sustain. I've had guitars in the past where I've used Seymour Duncan Blackouts on one guitar, and EMG's on another and I love the tone for heavy guitars. But gotta keep my tele for everything else

whats the difference between regular and balanced tension?

>accidentals

what?

Flat and sharp notes

Regular sets of strings have some kind of arbitrary decision on the gauges, while the balanced tension match the gauge with the tension so that it stays equal across all strings.
It's kinda niche though the difference between the two isn't huge, but it's nice having the same response everywhere, for bending or dynamics.

accidentals are the sharps or flats you place before the measure so you know which key you're in, in the key of C (= C major), there are none.

Strings guy here, cheers for the explanation, I saw the balanced tension version when ordering my strings the other day but decided against it, sounds like a nice idea but I'm not to fussy about it

There is a difference, I bought that Damien for 140 bucks as a beater but I ended up loving the neck and played it for 3 years straight and buffed part of the flat finish to a high gloss..
Elite Strat is now my main.

>sounds like a nice idea but I'm not to fussy about it
Yeah, it's not something I want as bad as the blinding brightness of prosteels so I can do without it.

>I ended up loving the neck and played it for 3 years straight
Was it one of the super chunky ones ? They feel awful to me.

I'm going to jam with an experienced band tommorow. I'm pretty green when it comes to playing with others. Any tips bros?

>I just spent $1,800 to buy and import this guitar from Japan

who /spent $1,500 + on a guitar/ here?

>black, 7 stringed """SG"""
why

bet you feel real fucking stupid right now don'tcha?

Yep, there are others, too

Just be yourself :^)

>Spending that much for a guitar with EMGs

Enjoy your waste of money.

>people falling for this obvious bait

>never heard of ESP

top pleb

I spent $2900 AUD on a guitar but our market for guitars is fucked

>bait

:^)

r8 my Christmas present /gg/

i dont understand...

what

chugga/10

Having heard of ESP makes your decision even more stupid, you've spend almost $2k on something that looks like it's $500
Should have bought an Horizon III or a Mystique faggot.

>Horizon III
>gay "superstrat" design

thanks, m8; but I already have a Fender MiA Strat

I think your guitar has autism

honestly man there is no difference in sound between the $600 LTD version of the same thing. but to each his own

gay superstrat is better than edgy sg
and you can play the victim card because you're a homo

What are you even getting when you pay so much for a guitar if there is no difference in sound?

the reason why I purchased a legit ESP Viper is because I've already owned two LTD Viper 7 strings (the 407 and 417). I disliked both because of the shitty pickups (81-7 EMGs sound awful), fretboard (cheap rosewood vs. ebony) and construction (Indonesia vs. Japan).

The ESP looks better, plays better, sounds better, and feels better. Anyone who says the LTDs sound "the same" or "no different" don't know what they're talking about.

That would be awkwardly staring at my feet while gently playing open e with spaghetti falling outta my pockets, not a great plan desu.

>gay is better than edgy

sounds like something a cocksucker would say

amazon.com/ESP-Viper-Viper-1000-Electric-Guitar/dp/B004Y3IZGU/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1482854492&sr=1-1&keywords=viper 1000

ebony fretboard / 81/85
sounds the same to me bro

Indonesian trash. it "sounds the same to you, bro" probably because you've never heard an ESP 7 string guitar before and you play LTD overpriced trash

Which are less shit: Line 6 Spiders or Marshall MGs?

Marshall MG

>Indonesian trash
>buying into the factory origin meme.
In my experience with recording and gigging, the biggest factors in quality of sound are the amp head, the pickups, whether the guitar is a bolt on neck or if its set neck, the microphone used on the cab (even different sm57s have slight variations in sound) ... after all of that would come things like cabinet (since almost everyone uses birch construction with celestion 30s), then very last would be wood of guitar body, gold plated cables, fresh strings, etc.

I've played on both and it wouldn't be worth the difference in cost. If I had money to burn and all my other equipment was top notch, sure, go ahead and throw away 600 or 700 bucks more to have the ESP name on the neck and feel pride in knowing your guitar wasn't made in a 3rd world country. But if you laid down a track with your ESP viper, then plugged in an LTD 1000 and laid down the same track, and someone played em back for you I bet you couldnt tell the difference. And if someone blindfolded you and had you play the two guitars, you probably couldn't tell a difference.

I would think that would cause all kinds of friction and tuning problems. You ideally want all the contact points between the string and the guitar's hardware to be as low friction as possible for better tuning stability.

>sounds like something a cocksucker would say
Spot on.
Seriously if I'm going to spend that much on a guitar it better look like it's worth it.

If you'd put them side to side I probably wouldn't notice any difference, they're both ass, the MG just has the advantage of having a fancy Marshall logo.
At least the new Spider V have that stupid 8 bit preset which seems a bit more fun to mess around with.