So was the pilot ep of Preacher good?

So was the pilot ep of Preacher good?

Did you check the catalog for the threads discussing it?

it was really boring desu
but Joe Gilgun is fucking boss, will probably watch a few more episodes to see how it goes

It was better than expected. Cassidy's probably going to be the main thing that keeps me watching.

Pros: Cassidy was really great and had the best scenes. Jesse was also quite good and had good fight scene. Hugo Root looked great too. Some humor.
Cons: Tulip especially her dialogue and "funny" lines with that kids. Also muh strong women bullshit. Script and pacing was odd sometimes.
Neutral: Arseface and changing the original story.

did you?

Awful
tulip is a meme, cassidy is a meme, jesse is boring, shitty direction

see Fucking retard.

why are people shitting on /got/ which is admittedly shit when this is obviously so much shitter?

You are mad over this when there is like twenty fucking gots thread right now? Seriously, Sup Forums gone apeshit today.

What is Mountain Dew sold out today and forever in america or something?

Can't find a fucking torrent that works

It was surprisingly good it differs from the comic but in a way thats quite well done. Also I liked the idea of spending more time in the town before he is given the word.

>muh strong women bullshit
it was on the comics to tho

That doesn't change what it is, user.

Never read the comics so I guess this series could go anywhere from here. I'm really excited and look forward to more episodes.

he's given the word in the pilot dipshit

at least she wasnt a shitskin :^)

Is the Saint of Killers in it yet? The show looks awful but I'd like to be wrong about that.

>muh strong women bullshit

Opinion discarded.

In the comic, pretty much everyone dies when he gets The Word at church.
Then seriff and the two guys go after him thinking he burned the place down in revenge of hatred.
There's been rumours about Saint being in after all, it would give "an end game" to the two dudes also.

As somebody that LOVES Garth Ennis comic, I'm gonna hate it, right?

Wait, SoK isn't in it? Why have the fucking show then?

Not necessarily. I love the comic also but I don't really want to see the comic itself brought to life. I've already read it, I know what happens. As long as they don't outright abuse the characters and change their traits or anything stupid, I'd enjoy a retelling where they take some liberties with the story. It's a different medium and they should make something that best fits it

It was alright. Kinda boring at times.

Because its more about Jesse trying to fix the town instead of abandoning it and going searching for God. Yet.

That sounds horribly boring. Isn't his whole character supposed to be super cynical and apathetic? It's been the better part of a decade since I last read it but that sounds wrong to me.

Fuck, I should reread it but skip the cannibal arc.

how is /got/ getting so much shit but this schlock is 'pretty good'
Sup Forums has no credibility

SoK is in.

Different character, really. Comic Jesse was pushed into priesthood by a cunt of a grandmother who had him tortured and mentally broken into taking the job. TV Jesse got into it because his father was a preacher and we don't really know the specifics of it yet.

it was okay

Got to think anyone that didnt read the comic will enjoy the clusterfuck of characters and gore, while people who did read it will fucking hate the show.

>muh comics

I liked it

Love the comic.
Hate the show.
It's too forced...In typical AMC fashion, its overacted bullshit that they are trying to make super edgy....I just couldnt get into it, and I tried.

I wanted to actually see Tom Cruise explode, not just hear it mentioned in the background.

As a showfag it was quite enjoyable. A bit memey in the Shoot Em Up kind of way, but overall pretty entertaining and fresh