Friendly reminder that this masterpiece has won all 11 categories for which it was nominated: Best Picture, Director...

Friendly reminder that this masterpiece has won all 11 categories for which it was nominated: Best Picture, Director, Adapted Screenplay, Original Score, Original Song, Sound Mixing, Art Direction, Makeup, Costume Design, Film Editing, and Visual Effects. How many Oscars does your favorite movie have, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/viggo-mortensen-peter-jacksons-lord-of-the-rings-sequels-were-a-sloppy-mess-9396368.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU
youtube.com/watch?v=ESnMzQZubKg
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XicBBN1l4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this the greatest cinematic moment of all time?

close, but no.
this is it

fellowship of the ring was the best lotr film though

Friendly reminder to anyone who hates the Hobbit trilogy to watch the 1977 cartoon. It's very comfy and fits the children story the Hobbit was originally meant to be.

Which is the least greatest of the three, though? Before I watched the appendices I probably couldn't answer that, and right now I still have trouble saying the Two Towers, but it feels like it just has the weakest of the three scripts due to it's distance from the source material compared to the others.

LOOKS LIKE MEAT'S BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

Friendly reminder that it stole all of the awards from Master and Commander, and didn't deserve them.

I hate the books but LotR trilogy is pure masterpiece.

I can't even pinpoint one bad thing.

kys

Fellowship is the worse of the bunch. Literally all they do is walk in that movie.

this
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/viggo-mortensen-peter-jacksons-lord-of-the-rings-sequels-were-a-sloppy-mess-9396368.html

Not even comic relief dwarf or the really contrived earthquake that takes out the last orc army?

>masterpiece
>le all the main characters survive and all have happy endings
>good vs evil completely black and white
>le outnumbered 50-1 every time but the good guys rally up a second army in the last minute

Boring movies, the first half of the first movie is the only good part in the 9 hour snooze fest

le ebik hook maymay

the army scattered anyway, who cares if there was also an earthquake

Mfw the Dead marshes are actually real

How the fuck did Fellowship not win best picture? Movies don't come better than that. But then again lots of other masterpieces didn't get it either, like Pulp Fiction. Fuck Hollywood and their pedophile Jews.

Yes.

That was already done in Mulan.

Daily reminder no matter which ever movie in the trilogy you like, it's cool.

go to bed grandpa

I always felt the Oscars for RotK were really intended to honor the achievement of the entire trilogy rather than that single movie.

Incredible how well it holds up to today's standards. They balanced the CGI to practical effect ratio pretty well (unlike the terrible Hobbit aka 2 hour long video game cutscene movies) and created timeless classics.

A SWORD DAY

Borormir died, Theoden died

you're a big fish

A RED DAY

GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU

>good vs evil completely black and white

>The whole world is only saved because the disfigured freak character aka bad guy bites the ring off the hands of Fredo aka good guy

u dropped this Mr Martin

'ERE THE SUN RISES

[CONCERNING HOBBITS INTENSIFIES]

RIDE

The pacing is rushed as fuck, but I like the songs

RIDE NOW

The first one was great, the last one was a boring action movie

>Gimli reduced to a joke
>the splitting of the Fellowship completely wrong
>ugly Galadriel, the second hottest elf babe in Middle Earth.
>No Tom Bombadil and the Barrow Wights, a critical chapter of the book.
>incredibly repetitive music, the shire theme played over 40 times thoughout the movie
>" masterpiece"

kek no. its far from perfect.

RIDE TO RUIN

>tfw just listened to all the soundtracks on a really long car ride
goddamn, this shit gave me so many goosebumps while listening
>dat 2:41
youtube.com/watch?v=ESnMzQZubKg

AND THE WORLD'S ENDING

It's the worst of the LotR films. FotR should rightfully have swept it all. The other two maybe deserved some makeup and costume awards.

>cate blanchett
>ugly

You're gay

>ugly Galadriel
Cate was literally the perfect casting for Gladriel
she had an otherworldly beauty to her

>No Tom Bombadil and the Barrow Wights, a critical chapter of the book.
if you contain your bookfag autism you'd realize that this chapter would simply not work in the film. It doesn't advance the plot much and is quite long. Rushing it would be shitty and disgraceful, lingering on it would fuck with the pacing of a movie that is very time-constrained compared to a bloody book.

I agree with the rest though. Especially the Shire theme. Way to exploit my feels, Jackson.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XicBBN1l4

Is this the most underrated scene in all of LoTR?

and you're blind.
they had to CGI the shit out of the Galadriel scenes to get her looking anything approaching Elvish.

go jerk off to anime boys you faggot

wouldn't call it underrated, best big battle scene of the trilogy though

>filename

ITS THE ROHIRRIM REEEEEEEE

THE ENTIRE PROVINCE OF ROHAN DIDNT SWOOP IN TO ATTACK

REEEEEEEE

relax buddy i found it on google images

here have some alan lee

The finale is the best, fellowship is a close second though

Yes and it's because white european culture is superior and the audience secretly knows this

REEEEE

Eh, it was good but not great. FOTR is the only masterpiece of the three