Sup Sup Forums, has anyone had any experience with G.Skill sticks? It has 200 speed over the Samsung...

Sup Sup Forums, has anyone had any experience with G.Skill sticks? It has 200 speed over the Samsung, but I was thinking maybe the Samsung is overall better quality. My budget is about $90 for 1 16gb stick. Any opinions? Suggestions?

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232090&cm_re=G.Skill_Ripjaws_V_Series_16-_-20-232-090-_-Product

or

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233944&cm_re=CMK16GX4M1B3000C15-_-20-233-944-_-Product

Other urls found in this thread:

pccasegear.com/products/34718/g-skill-ripjaws-4-f4-2133c15d-16grr-16gb-2x8gb-ddr4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

theres only 2 ram memory manufacturers figure out the cheapest of the better one

Fast ram dosen't matter. Just get 16gb of something that suits your budget/looks good in your build. Put the money you were going to blow on top tier RAM into something that will actually make a difference, like a better graphics.

Also related, who the fuck asks Sup Forums for PC building advice. Go to reddit, those people are less likely to give you autistic suggestions.

Pretty much this.

you will never utilize that entire 16gigs

Yeah because that 512mb kit you got in 2007 was all the RAM you would ever need right..

I want to open 50 internet tabs at the same time

Please get 2 8GB sticks over 1 16

Dimmdrive mother fucker

I know it's a dumb reason, but I wanted to get 16GB sticks because of the max supported is 64, and I just wanted all slots to be mathematically equivalent to 64.

As for my other parts, I got everything covered. I was planning on buying the 16GB sticks just for the reason above. x2, for the dual channel function. So $180 bueget I guess.

I have the Corsair Vengence and lots of issues so I would avoid them....

Lots of errors using quickpar related to memory faults...... contacted Corsair and they said sorry you should of checked if compatible with motherboard...so fuck them

What are you going to do with 64GB RAM?

You can get 4x 8GB to get 32GB for much cheaper, but I guess it depends what you're using it for.

If it's just games, 64GB is overkill.

If you stream and edit videos, higher RAM might be useful, but still 64GB is a lot.

If you get 1 16GB stock you'll be stuck in single channel rather than. Dual channel mode effectively halfing bandwidth until you buy a second stick

plzzzzzzz OP listen to this

Oh shit are you serious? I bought the Corsair Vengeance LPX sticks for my bro last month for his new build. I think I could still return them for a different one.

>What are you going to do with 64GB RAM?

Set up a ram drive, run vm's etc

Best to check on motherboard website if compatible first

Why are you getting 1 16GB stick? Fucking spastic, neck up

Generally, it's better to get 2x8gb

i'm having a problem with my ram.
it doesn't free up after closing a game. even after shutdown the ram is still in use. only a restart refreshes it.
any ideas?

G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8GB DDR4-3200Mhz
MSI Z170A Gaming M5

Both sticks are pretty much the same.
Even though one is 200mhz faster it has a longer latency on the CAS.
You ain't going to notice a difference between the two.
CL15@3000 or CL16@3200
Take your pick

I've had 12 gigs of the ripjaws I bought from a local PC store, they where apparently corrupted and I returned them, bought another set, and those where corrupted

I got crucial ram instead. I haven't had any problems and it works well.

I'm not saying that ripjaws are bad, I've just had some really shitty experiences with it. Corsair always makes good products.

Thanks for the inputs. I guess Ill try to avoid G Skill for now.

No-one gives a fuck about ram, so long as you have 8-16gb of what ever fits your board. It is literally the most negligible area of an entire pc to set your money on fire with.
I've run G.skill for years, i run multiple virtual machines with fixed ram caches, gaming and multi boxing, and analysis of external drives (That will insta fill system ram for the entire duration) with no problems

Tldr: Unless you are a sponsored enthusiast on a team bankrolled by Intel or some shit for the sole purpose of world records, Ram speed is meaningless.

What ram speed do you recommend? Just ignore price for a moment.

The current gen chipset is H/Z/B-170
Where Z is the Overclockable enthusiast set
H and B (99% of the time) only support 2133Mhz DDR4 RAM, which is the base, slowest stock stuff, But even when you have a Z series and 4400MHZ stuff, the real world and benchtestable resulted are so negligible to be irrelevant.

So just grab a set of 'G.Skill Ripjaws 4 F4-2133C15D-16GRR 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4' and call it a day
pccasegear.com/products/34718/g-skill-ripjaws-4-f4-2133c15d-16grr-16gb-2x8gb-ddr4

It comes down to this:
>Are you buying a 'k' series cpu (Where 'k' designates Unlocked {Overclockable})

If yes, then you need a 'Z' series 170 chipset, which will support any DDR ram speed starting at 2133
If no, then you don't need a 'Z' series, and will likely buy a 'H' Series ASROCK or something which will only claim support for 2133 anyway

Now if Yes and Yes, then do you have the spare cash to burn on the most negligible part of a pc for a probable zero net result?

If yes, buy some solid 4400 stuff and enjoy your expensive bits of shiny (And by solid I mean triend and tested overclocking heavyweights, but if you where at this level, we wouldent be here right now to begin with)
If no, your pc looks and works exactly the same anyway

Just buy the shit that you like the look of, and matches your system of you run an open or transparent case.

are you from pakistan? there are way more than 2 manufacturers

Get whatever's lower profile unless you're planning to use a water cooler.

I've had good experience with them, not only that I had some weird incident happen where a short in my computer busted both rams. They replaced them for me when I explained what had happened. So I have been pleased with G.Skill