Portable recording

What should I be looking for if i want t experiment with field recording?

A life

in my opinion? with whatever you have, even your phone. if you have some good idea of course.

>I wanna be a musician but I have no actual musical ability
>what is the best recorder for this?

savage

op here. you guys are spot on.

Where does he say he wants to be a musician or has no musical ability

Real OP here. That isn't me

Can you please just answer the question now.

Which question?

What is a good recorder for recording anal fissure vibrations?

Yes, I can.

a quality microphone. Sennheiser 416 works like a charm for me recording anything (voices, nature, industry, ambience), little expensive but if you're serious and can make some money off it, that's my suggestion.

Idiot.

Not OP, but thank you.

I've used one very similar to the one you posted, except the one I used was made by Sony, I think. It was crazy expensive though.

>Now that I have this thing, what do I do with it? Where does it plug in? How is it powered?

Please pm me link to download

Admit you are a no-talent wannabe hack and I will

Wha?

Forgot an important detail, oops:

It sounded good.

How expensive? Remember anything else about what it was?

read da maneul ya ding bat. get a cheap zoom an xlr and you can use phantom power to power the mic.

Not what user said, is it?

You need two things, an omnidirectional condenser mic and a shotgun mic.

Portable recorders are fine, but the default mics they come with suck.

I remember using them with external mics plugged through reverb pedals using 9v batteries. So I had the recorder, a mic, and shitloads of wires sticking out of my backpack.

Omni mics are good for picking up general ambience because they record sounds from all directions.

Shotgun mics have a very narrow pickup field, they're often used in wildlife recordings because they can be pointed directly at a sound source far away.

Skip the Zoom and get a digital Tascam portastudio and use both mics and mix their input.

I have the zoom H2 and I absolutely love it.