How can the rest of the world even compete?

How can the rest of the world even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/04/finland-tops-podium-for-most-olympic-medals-won-per-capita
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The US could skip the Olympics for over a century and still be in 1st

USA
>USA
USA
>USA
USA
>USA
USA
>USA
USA
>USA

The 2nd and 9th place countries haven't even existed for decades, now.

LGTSS
>rest of the world

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/04/finland-tops-podium-for-most-olympic-medals-won-per-capita

usa not even close

>per capita

I fucking LOVE this meme

>per capita
dum meme

>Great Britain
>0.44
HAHAHAHAHA britcucks BTFO by their own shitty defense mechanism

>per capita

If you want that to be a valid argument, remove the cap number of athletes a nation can send.

>How can the rest of the world even compete?
Well we usually compete against other countries in order to enter the Olympics and we just play the sport as best as we can always with a smile in our face trying to have a good time.

How did you compete, user?

How the fuck is the uk second on the 'countries that still exist list'?

Is the rest of the world so unstable or bad at sports that an island of 60M beats far larger nations?

why are west germans so shit compared to east germans

they have like 10 times the population

Why did China send less athletes than Australia? Why aren't they sending the most all the time?

Per capita is a bit misleading because countries' population changes and it probably disfavors countries with big populations because the difference in size between now and, say, 50 years ago is much greater in absolute terms for a bigger country. I see no other reason to disregard a per capita table though.

Are Statians really disregarding the pep capita table? Countries sending the same amount of people seems like a very poor argument. Uh, debate me?

Didn't Statians use Iceland's smaller population to insult England? But the amount of players in each squad was the same.

Per capita is the loser's lament.

> mfw britcucks can't even post the European union total anymore in their quest for relevance

MUH PER KAPTIAH

See

Do Kingdomers think anyone wants to talk to them?

>East Germany participated only 5 times and is in the middle of the back
Impressive

Country of 20 million people, nearly 10th.

Feels pretty good desu.

What the fuck is Cuba winning medals in?

But what about per capita?

Probably baseball.

Do Statians think that saying muh followed by per kapita in all caps has the potential to even be a valid argument?

Their girls are quite good at athletism

Guys, a country with a population of 1000 has no significant disadvantage to a country like the USA because the same amount of people are sent in each Olympic team. Muh kapita, you guys!

except a a giant country should have much more athletes competing for the same place

Much larger pool to take talent from a much larger base of money being used to train said athletes.

Why do Australians always cuck the UK at the commonwealth games as well.

Can all of one country win out and and place 1-10 in a sprint or swimming event where each individual has to place, or do not enough athletes all try out for those kinds of events?

And better natural athletes too all other things being equal. So the very best of the best will be better than in other countries.

doopin' mental number of medals
>tfw no big strong amerifat olympic gf

You're right, look at all those doopin' medals. I wish I could give a crud about the Olympics.

If only we could FIGHT AND WIN, but sadly, I'm from (Shout the Opposing team's Name)!!!!

I'm afraid I don't understand you, Statian, Could you perchance express it in a different way?

It's not per capita, no one cares.

You have like 300+ million people, of course some one them are going to be good at sports. Unless you are India and too busy shitting on the streets.

They used to be pretty dominant at boxing

It's because like in every proper gommunist regime, they exploited the fuck out of the athletes in order to make the country look good

We also force them to train at higher altitudes in Colorado so they have a breathing advantage.

Can America or a country with our population have athletes participate in a 400 m race and ten Americans place 1-10 or do not enough athletes try for that one specific event so that can even have a chance of happening?

LMAO how can the Netherlands, Japan and Canada be so bad at sports? They're not even 3rd world countries.

Our Olympic program is "well funded", with the bulk of out athlete's coming from universities and colleges with intense screening processes and competition. Us fielding those numbers isn't a surprise.

I don't think other countries put as much behind their olympic program.

No, it can't happen. But that doesn't mean you have a greater chance of having an exceptional talent.

There is a cap of 3 athletes per coubtry allowed per individual event so that it's not, say a race of 8 racers all from the same 1 or 2 countries

So I don't think that per capita shit should be valid. Each event gives the same amount athletes a try to place from each country or a maximum is aloud in 400 m types of events?

we dont care about the summer olympics. i cant even name 1 person on the summer olympic team.

why are Spain so bad? Every other major European country is on that list

Yes but since you have a greater pool to choose from the top athletes will be better. At least that's how the argument goes.

large countries also have more money and better infrastructure in place to train athletes. its not very impressive when a burger wins a gold medal considering the amount of money put into their training vs. a naturally talented athlete.

There's also only 3 medals per event, so it doesn't matter at all that you can only take 3, does it? If they're the best 3 they'll still take all the medals.

>benin and grenada are now the greatest olympic champions

Do people really take this seriously?

It's stupid I know. There's basically rules to prevent what I'm asking if one country can have a unlimited amount of athletes participate in one event

This is literally the saddest post in this thread

>I-it's not NATURAL talent tho!!

Keep the tears rolling though, I like hearing butthurt non-Americans venting their butthurt.

British don't even post and still get mentioned, has a more relevant nation ever existed.

>tfw we will never achieve anyting

why to live

>people still counting Russia and it's drugged up athletes
>implying America isn't full of dopers too
>Britain and its sense of fair play wins as usual

Cause we are the only nation to have won an olympic gold at every single olympics

thank you for proving my point and agreeing with me.

What would this table look like without swimming events? Australia with zero golds?

If the Soviets had attended 26 as well it looks like they'd be on top

I wonder, do Americans feel great joy when getting gold or is it just expected. If someone from belgium wins gold people would freak out because nobody expects them to.

>Less golds than Poland
Do leafs even compete

ITT: murricans can't deal with the fact that they are obese losers and only win medals because of their large population

>a country covered in ice/snow for 9 months of the year is bad at summer sports
wow im shocked.

USA population: 319 million
GB population: 64 million
319 / 64 = 4.98

Gold medals: 236 * 4.98 = 1,175
Silver medals: 262 * 4.98 = 1,354
Bronze medals: 272 * 4.98 = 1,354
Total: 780 * 4.98 = 3,884

>Ameridoops

Now do this for Greneda

I think a statistic we might be overlooking here is medals per game (MPG). This metric should be used in conjunction with the per capita metric, giving us the MPGPC metric. Let's see how that would play out. I'll be posting some results in a few minutes.

>why are west germans so shit compared to east germans

Well geez I wonder why the easy Germans or Soviets won all those gold medals. Let me think...

Ok, this is the measure with the data I found online. According to it, Finland is the most athletic nation in the world. Obviously, this is a joke, not a serious metric, but it kind of includes two of the parameters we discussed in this thread.

but seriously, who gives a fuck about minor sports? football it the only one that matters

>People hate Americans this much that they're going to great lengths to prove their incompetence
It's beautiful lads.

now that's autism

>UK need 5 countries to be relevant

>5 countries

Actually the larger meme is the op image, if you actually know what a meme is.

England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland

That's 5 isn't it, Paddy?

Surprisingly, it's Finland for both total medals and Gold.

Why is the UK so shit compared to Germany?

Our population isn't that much bigger.

usa with 60 golds

Isn't the Republic of Ireland's per capita income almost double yours?

East Germans were way better than a lot of countries. They finished 2nd three times or so.

You guys have more tall/strong heartless monsters to force into random sports at a young age.

>americucks proud that their big black bulls from the slave era wins medals for them

They had a very efficient state-run doping program.

because germany is the single greatest country in world history la

we truly are blessed being born on this very spot on earth

Careful, Fritz. That sort of talk gets your people all riled up to fight.

>boxing
>baseball
>swimming
>weight lifting

>tfw americans win so much they don't even feel joy of victory anymore
Kinda sad.

Probably, there's a lot of shitholes here

>yfw british men won more golds than american men did in 2012

Dem commie medal/Olympics ratios though. If only they could keep a country together there'd be more competition.

Where were those games hosted again?

Because +90% of Olympic disciplines are meme af and we're mostly a sane country.

Le throw le disk verry long in le stadium, le grab and hug grecorroman style into le mud, le jump into le pool from le high platform, le shoot le whatever with your bow, etc.

If you count only proper sports, we're up there in the table.

i didnt like this semen slurping event anyway

Let's be realistic.

USA sends over loads of athletes, most do not win medals.

The Netherlands only sends atheltes that have won european or world championships in their field.

makes you think.

>America winning the first gold in our countries past time event

Here we go boys

>Virginia Thrasher

Because of doping you dumb cunt.