Honest thoughts on his ability as a defender?

Honest thoughts on his ability as a defender?

good

IL CAPITANO

CAN A VARO
CAN A VARO
CAN A VARO

No homo but I think he's one of the best looking guys I've ever seen. Also I have heard that he is a very nice guy.

I hope that answers your question op

Overrated midget who lives off his WC '06 performance.

At club level Barzagli has far surpassed him.

very good but never elite

He was one of the best defenders of his era but the 2006 World Cup hyped him up way too much.

It's not like he's the first player where one world cup elevates their legacy beyond what it should be and I completely understand considering he, Pirlo and Buffon basically carried their country to the highest possible honours.

why do italian men get better looking with age?

Can't hold a candle to Nesta and the like.

Most men who take care of themselves do.

In keeping with the spirit of Sup Forums I will say he was shit.

OVER-RATED
*CLAP-CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP*

I've seen pictures of him accompanied with "What a legend" on social media websites so he must be overrated as fuck.

Absolute GOAT when wearing the italian shirt (especially wc 98, euro 00 and wc 06)

True system babby that proved his shit under deffending in any way that's not bus-parking. Can't handle space or 1vs1 and had no idea what to do with the ball on his foot

t. 18 year old who never saw him play, just watched highlights on youtube

Rate his performances for each club out of 10
1.Parma
2.Juve
3.Madrid
4.Juve 2.0
5.Inter

>Absolute GOAT when wearing the italian shirt (especially wc 98, euro 00 and wc 06)

funny way to spell system babby

1. Italy
2. Parma
3. Napoli

SPACE

4. Juve
5. Inter
6. Madrid

> Flopped at Inter
> Thuram babby at Juve
> Flopped at Madrid

> Wins the World Cup in that spell and cleans up all individual awards in '06

Fabio Cannavaro everyone. Most overrated defender ever.

this.
Cannavaro was a great efender, don't get me wrong, but Nesta was the most elegant football player thet ever lived
I don't know if he is a nice guy, I heard he had some business seized by police because of suspected ties with camorra

very good but highly overrated after 2006 WC

what system? Italy had a different manager almost every tourney when he played

Overrated asshole. I can't believe he has a Ballon D'or. He's also a roided fag.

Dude Spain he could play the ball he started a lot of the counter attacks back in Napoli

Also everyone roided in Juve

I think Fabio was a great defender and made a perfect partnership with Thuram and Nesta. He was such a good and intelligent defender that he could play off anyone and make the defensive unit better. Yes he wasn't the greatest at 1 on 1 because he was rash in his section making like Ramos but both are great team players. Also only Fabio's last year at Real was bad.

For a Manlet he was strong as fuck. Anyone got his workout program?

A good italian defenders, but not one of the best.

He was indeed lucky to play with defenders that were far more better than him on the tactical side. He certainly benefitted from playing with Thuram and Nesta. But he didn't shine thanks to them, he was actually good during his career.

Unfortunately his playstyle was based mainly on physical prowess, so he performed bad in his later years. It didn't help that he spent his last years on shit clubs (pre-Conte Juventus) and it was also a bad time for the Italian NT.

I think he was overrated during his prime, thanks to his defenders teammates. And the later part of his career were bad, but it looked far worse than it actually was, due to playing in shit clubs and NT