>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n68z3QWaPxY
youtube.com/watch?v=s22dceatYTw&ab_channel=yvetteyoung
soundcloud.com/wilum/aint-no-sunshine-when-shes-gone-she-left-and-now-its-cold
soundcloud.com/wilum/mr-brightside-full-mix-two
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for fuzz

first for I got GAS for a semihollow out of nowhere, this is stupid as fu k

posted in the last thread

In this book(downloaded from the links at the top) the author shows a Ebm7/9 on this page. The diagram says it starts at the 3rd fret making the root note a D? Am I reading this wrong or misunderstanding the theory?

Hello /gg/ I have been play guitar for a little over a year

I'm still pretty new to guitar but I've been play a second hand Yamaha Pacifica, and frankly its not very nice

I've been to the guitar store a few time to tried other guitar but I don't really know what I'm looking for, I'd like to play something rocky

What guitar would you recommend someone who wants to buy a guitar that will last them the next 10 years?

Don't worry about budget so much but for the sake of argument lets say £750 ($920 for you Ameribro)

Can I get a nice guitar for this price?

anybody got an opinion on eminence red coat governor speakers? There's a Hayden 2x12 cab going loaded with them at just a little more than a Harley Benton loaded with V30s. I've seen the govenors described as a smoother less "ice picky" v30.

It's for metal/modern metal balls.

pedal/effect-wise these guys always get me erect

youtube.com/watch?v=n68z3QWaPxY

How to make large arpeggios?

lel, is he playing power drills?

something rocky you could always look at lower/mid range PRS, schecters, maybe even an ibanez. Can you list some influences? it would help quite a lot since "rocky" is a fucking massive spectrum.

no, you've got to spend around $1500 ameribucks for a decent guitar, upwards of $50000 for a nice one

lol

personally always reminded me of one of the tracks on tekken 3

Buy a cheap one.

? im being 100% seroius. its all about the tone

I've never heard an Epi humbucker I liked. I guess buying an Epi Sheraton II and getting Gibson humbuckers would be an okay bet

anyone know about this?

I just got an Epiphone ES 339 with P90s on the cheap, totally worth it

The PRS's look nice, the schecters website wont load, and the Ibanez look a little to metal for me

I know I'm only judging off looks but thats all I really have to go on

Influences wise, I don't really have a band (Though I'd like to be in one) but the sort of bands I like are PUP, Alexisonfire, Hot Cross, La Dispute, Hail the Sun if that helps

I feel like your pulling my leg but I'm not sure

MiM strat

Don't listen to the memes

well i know a jazz guitarist who has played glastonbury as a session guitarist and he plays schecters and ibanez. though you're right they're normally marketed to metal guys.

You say alexisonfire but that's kinda heavy. PRS has some sexy guitars, some schecters are nice, just avoid the synyster gates shit, old a7x is good but those guitars are fucking hideous, i have a limited run solo 6 and it's gorgeous to play. Loaded with emg 81/85s.

Basically you just want something with a nice neck and humbuckers for your taste. Maybe EMGs, depending if you're edging more towards the Alexisonfire end. Ibanez have some nice non metal guitars, you could also check out Chapman guitars, they're good guitars. As long as it has humbuckers and a comfy neck then any shape will do buddy. Also you're UK, where are you located?

so yeah honestly just dig through some websites for

>schecter
>ibanez
>PRS
>chapman

you could even go for a telecaster with humbuckers but really anything with humbuckers will do you a solid.

I think the next thing i want is a tele style with humbuckers. Like the chapman one.

>month and a half ago
>order a knock off David Gilmour strat from aliexpress for $150 and free shipping just to see what comes in the box
>told delivery within 14 days
>21 days pass, no delivery, tracking number never even showed guitar left China
>ask for a full refund
>get it within 12 hours of asking
>think that's over with
>go outside this morning
>see large guitar shaped package on my front door
>instantly recognize that it's the guitar I ordered
>check the tracking number
>the seller put the wrong tracking number on the box which is why it never updated
>haven't been charged for it
>seller probably has no idea since he was selling hundreds of guitars the past month
>basically got a knockoff strat for free

I'm a bit surprised how decent it feels and plays. Didn't break the second I touched it.

/blog

I just bought my first amp,
It's a marshall MG15CFR

It was $100
Did I make an okay decision /gg/?

It will mainly be for blues, rock and attempts at metal

So, hi /gg/.

I've been playing guitar for 1 year and 1 month, but my study routine is non-existent.I watch videos to learn songs i want to learn, and play them for months until i get tired.

I'm also getting some backing tracks and jamming with them, experimenting and trying to create new riffs, everything by ear. And i think that's pushing me back.

I don't know more than 2 or 3 scale patterns, i always play by ear and try to memorize the right frets. Sometimes, for example, when i go from a high note in the 14º fret to a lower in the 2º or 3º fret, I count on the luck that I'm going to hit a note that matches the music tone, then keep playing from there, because i kind of "know by ear" wich fret will be the right note and wich one won't.

I also like to get solos by ear, then sometimes i look at the tab to improve it with the notes i've missed.

Where do i start from, to fix my study and improve? I feel like i'm just going up and down with the same notes in every song i play, no matter how many bends, arpeggios or hammer-ons i do.

i'm afraid not. You can get slightly better on the 2nd hand market for that. That's around £75, i got a 100 watt marshall vs102r for £150 so around $200. If you're a beginner that's fine but to be honest you could do better just running it into your computer.

The MG series is pretty shitty.

Fuck man i got an all tube 100 watt head for £200

PRS are a bit of a rip off.

Yeah they look sexy, and make for good top end custom builds but not worth a medium budget.

Thanks for the advice

Thanks again, will definitely have a research

I'm from Cambridge Originally but I'm currently studying in Swansea, fellow Britbro I assume?

yeah of course, they're overpriced as fuck but if the dude wants something like that then the dude does. I personally wouldn't buy one, but if you have money burning in your pocket and it makes you happy then hell get it.

I do agree with you though. I used to work in the largest music shop on the south coast of england for work experience, i couldn't believe the prices of some PRS guitars in relation to how they felt.

no worries, there's nothing wrong with going 2nd hand and getting something tasty. I got a 2001 gibson SG standard from chicago for £500 by some stroke of luck. Poor bastard was probably strapped for cash.

Nice yeah i'm from the south coast.

Wait, so you think that a PRS isn't worth the cash, I only suggested that amount because I thought it was around the price of a guitar that would last me 10+ years

How much should I be looking to spend?

>100w tube for 200
uh

Fuck.
Yeah I'm a beginner.

Live and learn. Hopefully its ok. I can always take it back and say its a bit fucked.

well they are worth the cash, just for the same kind of build quality and specs you could get something equal from another brand for less money that's all. It's like buying a mac as opposed to an equally spec'd computer, you're paying for the pedigree of the name a little bit.

yup. i'm a massive jew and won't buy anything unless i can get it as cheap in relation to it's value as possible.

it's not a total piece of shit. The speaker is bollocks though. Cleans and blues it should be fine, but don't expect it to do metal without it screeching at you.

Agreed on the Strat, but MiM's have become overpriced memes. They've gotten ridiculously expensive the last couple years and considering your budget, just go for an American made one. Highway One's are a pretty damn good value.

Thanks for the advice, I'll check out these models/brands nice time I go to the guitar store and see what I like the feel of
I'm with you, thanks for explaining

nu-male guitar

>GAS
>harmony central

pic related. it's the head.

paired with a boost and some tweaking you can get a ballsy sound from it.

Incorrect. The primary difference between a ~$500-$600 guitar and a $1500+ is build quality straight out of the factory and sometimes (but not always) pickup quality. And maybe fancy shit like cool looking laminated top cap and gold plated hardware etc.

If you are even a little bit handy you can turn, for example, a MIM Fender in to something that plays just as well and sounds just as good as an MIA Fender with a couple hours of work and no more than $200 if new pickups are needed. (which is considerably less than you would be paying for the MIA). You can even go way cheaper than an MIM tier instrument with a little more time and slightly more money -to replace the bridge- so long as the thing is structurally sound and the neck isn't warped.

Thanks for the response. The turbonigger at the store assured me it was a great amp and price and they sell really quick.

He did look a bit jewish now i think about it.

I've been playing acoustic for a couple years, and I just picked up a used MiM Standard ('93, seems to be in good condition aside from a few dents) for $400 as my first electric. Was this a good deal?

/gg/ hates MG series Marshall's, but you can't really go wrong for $100 if you're a beginner. If you like the sound, who cares. You'll be upgrading in a year or two anyway once you git gud.

Tone is a product of the following in no particular order and assumes guitar is made of solid wood and not MDF or plastic or some garbage;

>nut
>bridge
>pickups
>strings
>amp

You should be spending considerably more on your amp than your guitar(s) as amps are more complex beasts where more things can go wrong.

Anyone got any tricks to darken the wood on the neck/headstock part of the guitar?
Mine is super pale like the one to the far right with a rosewood fretboard and it just looks bad to me.

People said to put it in the sun but that seems like it would take forever.

How do you know when to change picks? my pick isn't super pointy sharp anymore but it still seems fine(?)

Change it when you play better with a fresh pick than the old one.

the sun would make it lighter... hence the term "sun bleaching". Used to do it to my converses.

You could sand down the wood and then rewax is with a darker wax but i would not reccomend it. Go to a luthier and see if he can stain it

You mean a half-assed method? I dunno. You can make it any colour you like if you sand it down and stain it to preference.

>finger picking on electric

>People said to put it in the sun but that seems like it would take forever.
It will darken in the sun in a couple of months, just don't let the rosewood dry out though, you'll get sharp fret ends as the rosewood shrinks if you don't.

i hybrid pick.

how's that make you feel?

top 3 guitarists?
1. mac demarco
2. matt pike
3. tonetta
r8 me
not even degenerate btw; pretty far right.

Yeah, what was Knopfler thinking? Fuckin' amateur amirite lololol

kys

ES-335's have the biggest price hike from Epi/Gibson branding I can think of.

Long shot but has anybody played both and knows the differences? Just curious.

I never really appreciated rosewood fingerboards until it was too late

oh nice. good cop

hhaha okahy i might

Keep hatin

youtube.com/watch?v=s22dceatYTw&ab_channel=yvetteyoung

this

t. embarrassed regretful MIA owner

thanks, plays nicely, the dirty channels are great and the cleans are surprisingly good, especially with a boost that breaks them ever so slightly. just a shame the speakers i'm running it through are absolute cunt. hence this post

>3. tonetta
i have no idea how he manages to put together such catchy and harmonically pleasing tunes.

She can't be that good at guitar, the top of hers fell off

I hate those ugly ass instruments too

i know, the detuned guitars really add to it. i love his music unironically even though i do get a chuckle out of it frequently.

t. Assblasted poorfag

dude arpeggiated chords in weird time signatures lamoa

tonetta doesn't use any weird time signatures. It's literally just 4/4 pop music with detuned guitars and a drum machine

$400 is alright. As long as you're happy with it, don't let some stranger from the internet tell you it was a bad deal. I just can't believe all the MiMs I see posted for $600+. I got my used MiA for less than $550.

I appreciate this. It is a little prog wanky but she has a good ear for melody.

I hope you're not hating because you're one of those DUDE BENDS MUH FEEL people

>MiM
Made by wetbacks in mexico
>MiA
Made by wetbacks in America

I'll just go straight to the source and upgrade from there.

why did you assume i was talking about tonetta? i linked that tryhard gook.

also dude, here's a track i produced, this is my schecter. With EMGs, just in case you are concerned about a guitar being too heavy/metal. soundcloud.com/wilum/aint-no-sunshine-when-shes-gone-she-left-and-now-its-cold

soundcloud.com/wilum/mr-brightside-full-mix-two

honestly anything with humbuckers and you'll be happy
just roll off the volume pot and you'll get a smooth crunch.

Any of you negroes use Guitar Rig software?

I can show you a few 2-notes-per-string 3 octave shapes I like, but they're for drop tuning. Or I guess you could just play the bottom string two frets down

Major 7
|----------------------------------------------------17-h22----
|------------------------------------------15-h19--------------
|--------------------------------14-h18------------------------
|----------------------12-h16----------------------------------
|------------12-h16--------------------------------------------
|--12 h16------------------------------------------------------

Minor 7
|----------------------------------------------------17-h20---
|------------------------------------------15-h18-------------
|--------------------------------14-h17-----------------------
|----------------------12-h15---------------------------------
|------------12-h15-------------------------------------------
|--12-h15-----------------------------------------------------

Major add b6 (?)
|----------------------------------------------------17-h18---
|------------------------------------------15-h19-------------
|--------------------------------14-h15-----------------------
|----------------------12-h16---------------------------------
|------------12-h13-------------------------------------------
|--12 h16-----------------------------------------------------

As you can see the basic shape is really useful. It's easy to change a note or two to get a completely different chord and vibe

Roll off the volume pot?

There's nothing wrong with "weird" time signatures. Also an arpeggio is a broken chord, arpeggiated chords doesnt make sense

im not one of those guys but this has no feeling at all. it doesn't evoke anything. its a gook doing what they do best: shitting out meaningless garbage under the facade of technique. id prefer something that can evoke an atmosphere. i love some prog for that reason. hocus pocus is one of the best songs ever but this is just scale practice disguised as music.

There is something a little "wrong" with weird time signatures, they're hard to dance to

i have used it.

if you want to hear it, i wrongly linked my aint no sunshine cover in this post the guitars in this are recorded using Guitar rig. whereas the other link you can ignore since that was an amp.

Guitar Rig can sound good with tweaks and attention.

yeah. the volume dial, if you turn it until there's no volume output at all and then slowly work your way up, you lower the signal going to the amp and you can make many "metal guitars" sound a bit better for other genres

Oops, the last note of the maj7 was supposed to be a 21

Dancing is for Chads and Staceys user, odd time signatures scare them

Thanks for explaining

an arpeggiated chord is just taking a chord shape and playing the notes independently. apart from the like slides, she was just doing that with 7th chords, no different than chon. just music masturbation, for the pleasure of inflating the "artist's" ego.

There is literally nothing wrong with being a Chad or a Stacey

That's just your opinion though. it makes me feel quite a bit actually. its light and whimsical and it stimulates my imagination. It kind of makes me feel happy.

>hocus pocus
the movie?

They have 0(zero) artistic value

i never said odd time signatures are bad but like everything else, it needs to be used to enhance the music and not for the ego of the musician.

>an arpeggiated chord is just taking a chord shape and playing the notes independently
It's disingenuous to describe chords as "shapes," because chords exist independent of guitar and individual tunings. An arpeggio is playing the notes in a chord individually.

Please explain?

if you knew anything about prog, you'd know the song hocus pocus by the dutch band focus. its one of the most primal but interesting pieces of artistic expression ever.

how terrible is a 25 watt bass amp going to sound through budget headphones? the amp I don't care about but what price should I be aiming at to at least hear my hearself cleanly.

i dont have to argue over semantics. in the context i used the term "shape" it was perfectly fine as we were talking about a guitar composition.

Normies are incapable of creating art that is worth anyone's time

>my hearself

brain fart, you know what I meant.

asking since my e-drums sound trash without borrowing a friends' inear monitors.

then how do you explain kero kero bonito?

definitely true.

what is that

>two autistic brits orbiting a nip
>chad
o i am laffin