Good buy for home defense in an apartment?

good buy for home defense in an apartment?

Other urls found in this thread:

looserounds.com/2015/01/30/the-m14-not-much-for-fighting-a-case-against-the-m14-legend/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sawed off 10 gauge man.

Check me out

U should get a German Shepherd and feed it niggers

Nah. Get a sawed off pump action shotgun.

What's that rifle called?

can't, I am a nigger.

Checked

M14

this way you can shoot your neighbors from the comfort of your own couch.

Dubs speaks the truth.

checked, but good luck hitting anything beyond your front door. If they're inside the apartment then it's gg no re

Get a Rottweiler and feed it Caucasians then

Thanks fam

snub nose with hollow points. a long barrel will prove disadvantage when negotiating corners. also fmj will go through the floor boards and kill your neighbours toddler

.308...sweet you can kill the intruder and everyone on your floor in one shot

No get an ar or a decent handgun for your apartment

absolutely retarded. do not listen

M1a nigger

The desert eagle

if someone breaks in toyour apartment use your mom as a shield

That will kill people in the next 2 apartments

M14 Is an unreliable meme fudd gun

M92f pistol. 9mm. Pistol is best choice in close range fight... Some prefers 9mm, some .45 acp like 1911.... I prefer 9mm because there are more ammo in a standard mag.

An AR is good for killing faggots so it must be good for home intruders too.

M14s are more popular for civilian use the chances of getting an M1A as a civilian are low, get back on CoD

I have a hammer next to my bed, getting a gun in my country is hard af. Also someonr who breaks in my house wants my tv and not to shoot me. Just get a fucking hammer, guns are for small dick faggots.

Any 9mm-45acp handgun will do the job just fine. A 12 gauge will work too but if you are a fat neckbeard or a skinny shit chances are you will hate shooting it, and contrary to popular belief it is very easy to miss with buckshot under 7 yards.

If you have the money and are able to aim well then consider an AR-15. An AK will overpenetrate but an AR with the correct ammo can work.

I'd say get a full-sized handgun though. Glock, M&P, H&K, FN, Beretta, and many others make fantastic handguns. For shotguns I'd say get a Mossberg 500 or 590, or a Remington 870. For AR-15s there are just too fucking many to name.

Whatever you get make certain you PRACTICE WITH IT. Seriously. For handguns you will need to shoot about 1000 rounds before you start to get acceptably proficient. Shotguns I'd say about 200 maybe. It depends.

You'll know you're proficient because you will stop flinching when you pull the trigger.

You're a fucking retard and I hope you don't breed.

There's a reason why it is still in use today all the way back from the original m1 garand

Aim high as fuck. What fo?

those are too powerful they blow up trains

depends on your budget. if you can spend 800-1000, you want a 14.5" + pinned flash hider AR with a flashlight, 1x sight, and collapsible stock.
if you are on a limited budget, a cheap Remington 870 copy or a plastic hi point pistol is a good option.
around $500, think about a 91fs pistol or a cheaper semi auto like a kel tec.
m1a/m14 is a terrible home defense gun because it is so long and heavy.

>Guns are for small dick faggots

Getting raped and robbed is gayer than anything involving a gun, unless you get raped by the gun.

All these no gunz faggots saying ar's and pistols. Get an Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 pump action. It won't penetrate the walls and create collateral damage like a long rifle would.

you have that backwards, friend. m1a is available, m14s were all destroyed
though the poly 14s coming out of China seem decent

I just make sure people 'accidentally' see this baby and they know to leave me alone.

Small form factor, large caliber pistol loaded with Glaser safety slugs.

If you are new to shooting you'd be better off with a revolver than an auto.

Large calibers are better at knocking an intruder down, even a hit to an arm or leg can be debilitating and large wound channels bleed out faster.

Glaser safety slugs are copper jackets around powdered lead, absolutely will NOT ricochet and won't penetrate most doors or walls but will kill a nigga dead. Good choice to keep stray rounds from killing a neighbor.

Hahaha you're a fucking retard ....

The m1a is the civilian version the m14 is the auto semi auto mil version

Go drink base liquids

Unless they know anything about swords, Then they will laugh. Steal yo shit, and proberbly rape you in the process.

looserounds.com/2015/01/30/the-m14-not-much-for-fighting-a-case-against-the-m14-legend/

What happens if the guy that breaks in has a gun, and shoots your dick off before you can hammer him?

there are plenty of "indoor" loadings in 9mm and 5.56 that are designed to tumble and do not over penetrate

Seriously, where do you live that you have to fear for such thing. Man i have fallen asleep in the middle of the night fucking outside while walking home from a 2 day drug fueled party. Your country is so fucked up that you actually need a gun from preventing that. Now bring the getting raped by syria refugees argument, that bullshit fox news shit. I live fucking 400meters from a refugee camp, they are the most gratefull and respectfull people i fucking met. So yeah, small dicked gun owner you live in a fucked up place.

fukin zozzle

1337 speaks truth

Comparing a battle rifle to an armalite

M1a and even mini14s are build with big parts require less maintenance. They might not be as accurate but they carry more punch at further distances and are better for penetration anxiously..... except for the mini 14 that shit is 5.56

Dude, if someone breaks in my house that is thing. But a burgler with a gun is very uncommon here. Fuck the last one who has been murdered by a gun here must have 4 years ago.

this

You don't know what you're talking about. Any shotgun 8 gauge and up spreads roughly 3 inches every 10 feet,with an effective range of up to 300 feet.

Anxiously.... obviously*

Absolutely not. 308 will cut through your walls like butter. I normally hate shotguns for self defense but 12 gauge bird shot is the only thing I'd use if you don't want to kill your neighbors.

You need short range in an apartment or hallway not a fucking rifle. You kids and your COD. YOU THINK YOU GONNA GET A NO SCOPE HEAD SHOT WITH A .50 cal at point blank?

.22 semi auto pistol with hallow point rounds so you don't kill your neighbors accidentally

.22 seems light to most people that don't understand that once that little slug hits a bone it's going to start bouncing

>tfw you live in the UK and can't have a pistol or semi auto rifle above .22

This. 12 guage if you're not a bitch and can handle the recoil. 10 gauge is ridiculous.

Usually more than enough... light recoil let's you shoot faster and more on target

I didn't think they could even have 22s in the UK.

So close

If you already have this, yes it's good for home defense. If you don't already own it, that gun is really expensive and you could get an ak and a glock for the same price. It's good to have a pistol and a rifle handy.

Too fucking big man, you need something smaller with a big blast radius, think shotguns

.22 is for killing squirrels not humans

Story of my life.

Still, a rifle is a bit unwieldy for my little flat.

Do NOT buy a rifle or a pistol, buy a 12 gauge with semi large birdshot that will put a fist sized and fist deep hole in a man and do NOT use buckshot or slugs.

Well, that's why you use the hallow point so it shatters on impact.

A full-sized M14 with a 22" barrel? Hell no. If you're after a rifle, get a Socom 16. Smaller, lighter, much smoother action and a built in picatinny rail with a cover if you're not going to use it.
Or better yet, save about 600 bucks and get a Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500.

22 hallow points shatter? I've never seen a ballistics test of 22 hallow point. I always figured the hallow wouldn't even do much because it looks like a pin prick sized whole in a tiny bullet.

can I own such sword without having fedora?
I'm asking because I don't have autism you see..

like no.9 or no.8 shot

maverick 88 with the 7 + 1 mag tube can be found for 250 or less. I love mine, better than my winchester sxp

/thread

All hallow points are designed to shatter inside the target so the bullet doesn't come out and harm civilians.

terrible advice don't listen to this fool.

>tfw i am french and have a .22 lr lever action like winchester rifle

>10 gauge
Does anyone even manufacture 10 gauge anymore? I thought than was an old elephant hunting shell that fell out of use when countries started cracking down on the ivory trade.

I would get the kel tech ksg, thank me anytime fam
Get a higher cal. hand gun over a ar but shot guns are the best for small rooms and shit

cellphone
911 number
and strong angus

That's what I'm talking about. That's home security. Might have to patch the sheet rock after you scrape the guts off the wall but it'll get the job done

No, .22s do a perfectly good job of killing humans. It just takes a while for humans to die from such small holes and they are great for pin-balling around your innards to fuck up vital organs, but the impact of the bullet doesn't cause nearly as much initial shock or trauma as larger calibers.

no, that's not correct. pistol hallow points don't shatter, the flatten out to create a larger wound channel, so do shatter but none of them are designed to shatter into fragments. But you are correct they are made to not over penetrate, they need to release all their energy in the target for maximum damage.

They have built up a reputation for being one of the better pump actions for the money. I might have to check one out.

Here is the attention you wanted. You don't have to an hero today.

Do you know how many walls a rifle bullet will go through. he will easily kill a neighbor two apartments to the side and the law will protect you from killing an intruder but not a neighbor..

I know it can kill, but I also know you could kill someone with a slingshot too.

Does a .22lr Bullpup semi auto sound like a good choice?

I don't fear any of that shit, I have a gun.

Where do you live where people are so in love with the government that they abdicate any sense of personal responsibility?

I don't give two shits if you own a gun or not. That's your business. I wonder why you care so much you have to meddle in mine? Either way you can't do shit about it.

10 gauge shells cost 5 bucks a piece and you are right about 10 gauges barely being manufactured anymore.

Hey faggot. Do you have better advice?

no

Fucking retards. Enjoy going to jail after the perp gets away

Not for home defense faggot.

Underrated post.

Wouldn't be a bad choice...

My brother has a Neos 22 that is pretty fun to shoot, so that's another option.

If you are new to shooting you might be happier with a revolver, though. Easier to use and maintain. Generally cheaper too

more than birdshot but birdshot is shit. Birdshot is for birds. Also don't miss and they will stop inside the assailant and not kill your neighbors, easier said than done though lol. The truth is if you start shooting a gun in the apartment complex you may kill your neighbor and it is what it is, might as well have round capable of killing the guy in one shot than having to pop off on him.

Nigger he's giving solid advice. You're just a tard like most of the autists ITT

buckshot, just shoot once and don't miss. GG. Dead nigger and neighbors are fine.

One of these

I'd love one, but the laws over here in Britain are cucked sadly. No sub 24 inch firearms, no semi autos above .22lr, and no fully autos. Semi auto shotguns are available, but you need to get a shit tonne of checks before you can get one