You wonder why movies are going to shit?

You wonder why movies are going to shit?

THIS is the type of mind that is now inheriting the film industry.

Watch the full video. Listen to his pitch. Let him walk you through the journey. Enjoy the ride. And then slowly realize the god-awful conclusion that he's been building up to.

youtube.com/watch?v=E9nL22iKUFs

Millennials consider this "a really awesome idea."

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/news/bradley-cooper-max-landis-deeper-mgm-1201751952/
youtube.com/watch?v=FHBQJ_APLRs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

two hearts lol

Fuck off Max. No views for you.

Timestamp please I can barely stand to hear him talk

Remember being 12 and having 'cool' ideas for movies? Jesus fucking Christ, this is so cringeworthy.

hnnnng those pits

I'm technically milennial and I consider this retarded.

I dont get it. Thanks for wasting 8 minutes of my life, asshole

MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS

EVERYBODY BRING YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR THE MAX LANDIS

Welcome to the hourly Max Landis everybody! Check the official Max Landis Youtube channel, check the official Max Landis Twitter and remember to check out American Ultra, Chronicle, and Victor Frankenstein on Blu-ray!

Do your part to save original ideas in Hollywood!

MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS

But didn't he say this story just to say that it would be a shitty movie? I mean, he's right, it would be a shitty movie. Maybe I misunderstood the point of his diatribe, but I thought he was making a point about how retarded movie ideas can be.

God i hate his style and posture and loudness

He is a surprisingly good storyteller
I don't mean the story necessarily, but how he tells it

i unfollowed him on twitter im officially done with max landis

Can someone summarise his movie pitch? I really don't want to hear that cuck speak desu

You hate his posture?

scientists find continent underground, battle Atlantis monsters, turns out it's actually middle earth, orcs invade planet earth.

This is good though, because people will eventually stop consuming Hollywood en masse and Hollywood will have to adapt or die as it is.

He basically constructed a way to bring the one ring and Sauron back in the modern age, and put it in the context of an underwater archaeology adventure movie like The Sphere or The Abyss.

I still think, based on his preamble, that he was deliberately describing a movie that would suck. I think his point was that such a movie SHOULDN'T be attempted.

Seems like a long-ass cocaine fueled ramble

But that isn't even a good idea for a book or anything... so wtf is his point

>THIS is the type of mind that is now inheriting the film industry.

but the video is about a movie he couldn't market or make, and he literally says it's a bad idea, and that part of being a writer is realize that ideas like these are bad and shouldn't be written. he's just putting out there for fun

That a writer can get really excited at his own personal thought experiment, and sink a lot of mental effort and writing time into something that will never be a viable project. This is the kind of fanfic shit we all daydream about from time to time. If someone is talented enough, they might make the mistake of thinking that just because they can construct a coherent, formulaic narrative around the idea, that means it's workable.

Landis is an annoying nu male, but I think it's a fair warning he's giving. It was long-winded though.

His pitch for a Die Hard reboot was kinda good, desu. Would've been better than at least two of the Die Hard sequels

If Max Landis spent as much time writing as he does being Max Landis...wait.

Whatever.

His scripts suck.

bahahaha

he just recently got 3 million for a script.

he seems to be writing a lot to be honest family.

>tfw trying to have a discussion with millennials and you can't because they all have hyperliteralism and are unable to grasp "the gist" of things

He was saying it's a "bad idea" because it wouldn't work as a movie. And that's because you can't really market a movie based around an epic tweest, it wouldn't be possible to get the rights, a studio would never buy the rights just so they could not use them in the marketing, etc.

Not because he believes it's simply a bad idea in itself (which it is). He thinks it's an epic idea and that was the point.

Not gonna lie, I was intrigued until the stupid ass twist at the end

this is worse than his die hard idea

I don't get why
American Ultra and Mr Right did really poorly

The scary thing is he just sold this piece of shit.

variety.com/2016/film/news/bradley-cooper-max-landis-deeper-mgm-1201751952/

Surely no one dressed like that with hair like that could possibly be a fucking moron though?

How come every time he goes in public he puts out a subtle nod to his homosexuality?

Dude should just come out by now. He's the last person to realize he's gay.

That's why he's able to sell a shitload of his specs even if they are utter dogshit. The guy can talk. Companies buy scripts all the time but it doesn't mean anything will become of them.

That was the point of the 'pitch'. Hint: They brought up The Village right before it. Meme twists and fanfiction don't really get sold to studios.

See above.

>Be a major corporation

>Invest millions in blueprints based on the spiel quality of a pitchman

This is no way to run a business.

People are not logical creatures. We all make a lot of decisions based on feelz, not reason.

Yes, even you are like this. You're just too caught up in your emotions to ever realize when you're doing it

This is fucking tho. Beat for beat sounds like the script he was pitching in this vid.

This kid appeared ONCE in red letter media shit and now you faggots worship him ... why do you have to suck and swallow everything red letter media puts in your mouth?
They are disney sell outs ffs.

This thread is bashing him you retard

I don't run a multi-million dollar corporation.

If I did I guess I'd be the villain since I'd only ever greenlight remakes and sequels and adaptations or pleb shit with proven audiences.

That's how scripts have been sold since the birth of Hollywood. There are certain businesses were normal laws of business don't really apply in many cases, movies and the fashion industry being two examples.

Please stop giving this guy an audience.

Max Landis is an uppity opinionated fag with no talent.

Seriously, where is the self-awareness in these people?

Is there some sort of government conspiracy where they put autism juice in the water to create these people?

Why has the western world been inherited by tactless, unintelligent hacks who bow down to greedy businessmen, who in turn wish to make the entire world stupid enough to keep buying their products.

I'm really cynical and pissed off. I hope we get nuked and start all over again.

There's a reason we have pitchmen/salesmen. There's a reason why some of them are stupidly wealthy.

Someone should fix it.

Disney seems to have the right idea with their live action stuff.

Where did "millennials" come from?

he makes me sick

he's so far up inside his own ass and unaware of how the world works, probably thanks to growing up in hollywood hollywood

he's someone that doesn't understand how people think or feel, he has no empathy (few people do). therefore, he won't ever write what makes great films great: a compelling human character. he only cares about gimmicks and taking tired genres and giving them a fantastic millenial twist.

I understand the use for the end consumer.

I don't understand why a business would not look at the product based on it's marketability.

Hippies children, the worst mistake ever.

The twist is literally middle school fan fiction.

Gen x were the hippies children

I fucking hate it when someone is really good at telling a story, gets you involved, and then gives a twist that would make The Village look like Oldboy

Fuck Max

>It's a Max blames his multiple critical and commercial failures on the producers and director altering his vision episode.

Literally 10 year old fanfiction bullshit

Man I was hoping he would come up with some cthulhu twist but no this piece of shit just shatted on an entire world

Anyone else think he was going to reveal it being Aquaman?

>le nightmare at 20000 feet mad person at the end
Stop it max

I have never seen this show before but I wanted to take a baseball bat to everyone on it,then I saw the comments for the video and i r decided to join ISIS instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=FHBQJ_APLRs

IN SPAAACE

Clearly you are too dumb to get that the whole thing is meant to be humorous. He's telling a story that is interesting, but the ending is beyond dumb, though it would be an insane twist. He isn't trying to pitch a good movie

I really like this one except the richard branson character fucking them over tweest at the end. every movie doesn't need a climactic tweest god damn it

I've read it, it's an entirely different story.