Vinyl Player

So I've picked up a few vinyls from shows I've been to but I have nothing to play them on.

What does Sup Forums recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

vinylengine.com/turntable_reviews.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

crosley

^^

This for sure

Hanging them on your wall and getting an mp3 because it is the 21st century.

U-Turn Orbit.

This

Crosley
they are high quality and stable, they also look really good!

I got a crosley for christmas. only have a couple records for it so far though

Sup Forums shitalks them but I personally like the sound.

entry audiophile - Rega RP1
DJ -technics 1200
entry table - any number of 70s-80s tables like the Technics SL-Q2.

find reviews of old gear here
vinylengine.com/turntable_reviews.php

Crosley it is. Any particular model?

Feels kinda weird owning the album but not being able to listen to it

This 2bh

I have the CR8005A-TU it's pretty good I like it.

don't get a crosley user

if you value your records, do not get a Crosley.

t.audio technicha shills

Don't actually get a Crosley, it's a meme because how shitty it is. Save up for an lp120, it's a great tt for the price

>lp120

Seriously don't do this. He's reccomending one of the worst and most overpriced turntables on the market. Plus it fucks your records up

whatever you get OP,
make sure it has a standard replaceable cartridge, adjustable counterweight, and anti skating

if you are looking new or used, direct drive may cause a mild hum but new belts for old belt drive tables may be hard to find.

it only fucks your records up when you go wickity wickity wack!

what about the lp60?

>lp60?
i would give it a pass

for the same price you will get a 800% better used table
see

They're being epic silly billies, OP. Don't listen to them, Crosley is shit.

how?

Not him but I honestly think the best starter turntable is that new flaunce 181
What's your opinion on it m8

Just cheaply made. And unless you feel like buying a gram scale and taking apart the tone arm to adjust its weight, get something else. Most record shills (including me) think it isn't good for a record to have a heavy needle. Unless you want to DJ, you want your tone arm to come in at like 1-3 grams. A closely is usually around 8.5g TL;DR
Crosley 2heavy. Not good for keeping records good sound quality

I have no experience with it but it looks ok
I'd probably upgrade the cartridge to a Grado Black as soon as possible, but the built in pre-amp (line out switch) if OP's stereo only has an Aux in and no Phono

sure, you can also get an alignment tool and dedicated scale but for beginners the pictured method is just fine

>Gardo black
Never heard of it but will look into to it I actually have that flaunce turntable and its pretty great

stop buying music
go buy lunch for a homeless person or something you are literally throwing money away on things you could get for free

Except there is no Crosley player I know of which has a dial for anti-skat/ tonearm weight. It would have to be changed by taking the player apart. That's why they're no good in popular opinion

Skate* fuck

They have like two decent turntable models, and one of them is a reskinned, overpriced version of Pro-Ject Debut III

>Except there is no Crosley player I know of which has a dial for anti-skat/ tonearm weight
good thing we were talking about the The Fluance RT81 then