Literally had one purpose for his entire existence

>literally had one purpose for his entire existence
>still failed
>mfw

He did his job well.

Oh look. Another GoT thread. How original.

He died doing what he loved.
RIP IN HODOR

>failed

He was holding the door for 3-4 days according to bookfags

So bran and the girl had 3-4 days of escaping

he still failed? it was hold the door not block the door faggot.

bran made him a potato on accident
it was his first time

>expecting otherwise

Dude the biggest thing around will dominate while it's on, the the weeks before/after. This place was all Star Wars for 2-3 months and it disappeared until home release. Patience.

I demand /got/ board

what?

Wasn't Bran still inside Hodor's head while they escaped?

Because for some fucking reason he wouldn't de-warg. So it was Bran saying hold the door?

Bran killed Hodor?

Bran from the future is actually warging every single living thing on the present day. Bran is God.

>according to bookfags
they were lying, m80
this has not taken place in the books yet
Jojen is still alive, so is Stannis, Barristan, Doran, Areo Hotah, Osha, Shaggydog, Summer jesuschristtheshowsucks

All Hail Raisin Bran

The Mightiest of Breakfast Cereals

>turned into a retard and had all of your potential snatched away just to briefly be a meat shield for some pampered lording 40 years later
Jesus fucking Christ, George.

How do you mean he failed? OP just wants to make fun of the mentally handicapped
This is what we call ignoracne.

Welp bran is gonna change everything by interfering with the past. He's just gonna mind warp everything and basically anything that happened during the first episode of season 1 is gonna be non existant.

>Children of the forest created the white walkers
>They'll go extinct either way
>Might as well use my time travel brainwash powers to convince the first men to genocide them before they create the white walkers
>First men efforts to genocide the children influenced by Bran's meddling freaks the children out, causing them to create the white walkers in the first place

>"We needed to defend ourselves"
>"From who?"
>"From you."

Past is already written, the ink is dry, etc, etc, destiny, nothing matters, the end.

You can't change the past user

Time Travel 101

Anything that he does, he has already done

That'd actually be pretty swell

I already found it kind of weird that they said "from you" instead of just mankind in the first place

He was struck by a donkey first nigger

If anything this gave him a greater purpouse.

What did he mean by "hold the door" ?

Why'd they go and add time paradoxes in my political fantasy.

FUCK YOU OP IM STILL HURTING

>Oh boy that sure is a lot of undead I'm struggling to fight even a handful
>Hey my master is leaving with his friends down that tunnel
>Who knows where he will go?
>Maybe I should help him?
>,,,Nah fuck that I'll jump into this horde of zombies and achieve absolutely nothing!
>I'm a smart dog!

attaboy

So he was always dead on the inside?

you mean your fantasy with politics

The very last minute of his life Hodor stops saying "Hodor", he is at last free of the Bran induced Brain damage. And then he gets shredded while alive, while enjoying his one lucid moment in decades.

So this is where we're at:

>Ghost - still alive and well
>Greywind - shot in a cage, decapitated and then had his head sewed onto his master's body
>Lady - stabbed by Ned to appease Cersei for another wolf's fuck up
>Nymeria - ran off to lead a wolf-pack somewhere (probably going to get possessed by Arya in some battle)
>Shaggydog - Dead, beheaded
>Summer - absolutely retarded death that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me

The fuck is wrong with Martin and his hate for awesome wolves?

The wolf's death are shown as character change for the Stark to have owned that wolf.

>that dog sure isn't very rational!

Wight horde
I'm doggy aye

Keep calm and Hold the door !!!

It's like a completely different show now.

Time is a flat circle.

Dumbest death in the series?
For real just throw the grenade

Just like you

This, but it still could have been done better.
Maybe it is supposed to mirror how recklessly bran went and fucked everything up by doing that shit without the old man. Probably not though.

Summer's death was metaphor.

Death of Summer = Winter is Coming

We're talking real pottery here.

This is more on Dabid until I see the books

Book wolves

>Lady - Dead by Ned
>Nymeria - Running around leading a pack of wolves, occassionally dream skypes Arya
>Grey Wind - Died fighting Freys, actually killed some on them
>Shaggydog - Location unknown, likely with Rickon teaching him the joy of Human flesh on Skagos
>Summer - Alive and well with Bran
>Ghost - Alive and well crying for master

In show

>Lady - Dead by Ned
>Nymeria - .... was never heard from again after episode 2
>Grey Wind - Died like a bitch in a cage
>Shaggydog - Died like a bitch to Umbers (possibly)
>Summer - Died like a bitch to zombies for no reason
>Ghost - Alive and well

Only super special OC wolf is allowed.

Bet D&D are secretly catfags.

That's what I think anyway.

D&D can't write for shit.

Shaggydog and Summer deaths happened because of the lazy fucks of SFX department

Anyone else get totally aroused by the children getting killed by zombies?

She's also lived for ~10,000 years, no? And was the last of her species?
What a shitty ending

Is he Brynden Rivers in the show?

>we created white walkers because of the lumberjacks

Good job writers.

Yup. And what's even worse was he was a re-cast.

I think that was probably part of it.
The wolves used to just be around in scenes. Can't even remember the last time we saw Summer before this. Ghost is at least around sometimes.

>that shot where she's on the ground getting stabbed

Doesn't even make sense since in the canon of the show, winter already started in season 2 or 3.

Moron, she stayed there so the zombies piled onto her. Not a single one bothered to run past.

I read that the twist in this episode is straight from Martin

What do they mean the walkers or hodor?

>He is a pale, skeletal man in rotted, black clothing in a weirwood throne of tangled roots. His skin is white, aside from a red blotch on his neck and cheek. Brynden has fine, white hair long enough to reach the earthen floor. He is missing one eye, while the other is red. Weirwood roots surround the the man and grow through his body, including his leg and his empty eye socket. His voice is slow and dry, as if he had forgotten how to speak.

D&D: Let's just have an old man sit in a chair behind some branches

DABID
DABID
WAT IFIT LOOKS LIKE A PRISON
DABID
DABID

worked out well didnt it

>friends start talking about the latest episode
>one friend is getting hung up on the time travel aspect
>says he hates causal loops
>starts screenshotting reddit comments that he agrees with
>"wah wah this show is unrealistic, i enjoyed it for the complex morality and politics"

Fucking kill me. Why does every time a franchise introduces the concept of time travel (without explicitly defining the rules), do people get hung up on the "timeline" and series of events.
I got these cunts I call friends talking to me about the false pretense of Free Will and how everything is predetermined. And how Bran is now a God.

Time travel is only a problem if you think about the on going iterations. What the fuck happened to Willing Suspension of Disbelief?

hodor

CARMELA COULD YOU PLEASE HOLD DA DOOOOOOR

WILL YOU CLOSE THE FUCKING DOORS

Scene already looked like it was from some stupid zombie flick, grenade made it even worse

wouldnt he need that tree to travel in the past again?

Maybe he will just use the one in Winterfell.

LMAO

YOU'RE ONLY SUPPOSED TO HOLD THE BLOODY DOOR

IT WAS ME HODOR
THE AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN

The 40yo Door Stop

The reason people are butthurt is because we have no reason to suspect that GRRM pulled this shit in the books. Willing suspension of disbelief has to be earned when everything else has been explained logically.

For example, in a show like LOST, where they present you with fifteen fucking red herrings an episode, you have to suspend your disbelief, or else you'll just be frustrated the whole time.

In GoT, however, everything is pretty well-explained. Then D&D deviate from the books, and suddenly we have time travel, causal loops, and a bunch of shit that requires us to make excuses for the showriters to enjoy it.

its like if you throw a grenade into zombies, or throw a grenade with meat around it. if you have meat (her in this case) the zombies will gather around and more get blown apart. but i suppose this is too hard to understand for the average 4channer. summer did the same. to gain time. wether that made much sense or not is another question entirely.

GRRM came up with Hold the Door himself.

No doubt the limits and mechanisms behind his time travel and his ability to affect people in the past will be explained in the next 2 episodes. 90% of shows/films that implement time travel always have a scene where they explicitly explain how it works and what can and can't be done when time travelling. The reason why its so open ended right now is because they wanted to end powefully.

I also don't doubt that D&D don't fuck it up somehow, like they have with every branching storyline so far

sheeeeeeeeit

The Tree man was glad to see Summer die, he was sick of the damn dog lifting a leg on him.

>loyal pup throws himself into a horde of mosnters to defend his master
>hur dur fucking retarded animal

Fuck you, I bet your waifu is fat

Was this the last of the wolves?

Are they all dead now?

takes one to know one

Jon's Ghost is still alive and Arya's wolf is probably still out there doing whatever

Bravo George

Show Bloodraven is 1000 years old, he's not Brynden Rivers. Why do people not listen, then complain afterwards

>Jojen

nope he's pasta

your mother probably holds doors faggot

Hodor.
At a con back in 2012 some guy asked him what would he have become if he wasn't successful as a writer, Martin said he'd want to be an elevator operator and then somebody said "so hodor means hold the door" and GURM laughed.

>bran has the power to change the past
>still a cripple
>his dad is still dead

why does this meme arc still exist

The 'spell' goes away because in that moment he is his younger self again, dreaming of his death and hearing the words 'Hold the door!' over and over again

>literally had one purpose for his entire existence
>hold the door
>held the door until he was dead
wew lad how is that a failure?

>retards pretending to understand a completely abstract fictional concept

whooooooooosh

DE CGI BILLS DABID
DE CGI BILLS

Speaking of which, why didnt all-seeing 3EV just install a fucking magic bar-able door on the outside?

what a dick.

time is a fat pussy