Is there any psychology major lurking?

is there any psychology major lurking?
I've got a couple of questions

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattern_recognition_(psychology)#Prototype_matching
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lets hear it

IIs there a term in psychology which refers to identification of an object as some certain thing (like, something you refer to starting with a capital letter)?
Like, you are in, say London, see this fancy tower and you realise you are seeing Big Ben.

I mean, there is a lot research on face identification and I want something more basic. I want the identification per se. terms like identification, recognition, identity lead me nowhere research-wise

no clue, sorry. encapsulate?

nah, no relevant results. In fact hardly any results at all. I don'tmean creating of new psychological entities, rather comparing sensory input to actually existing ones.
I need papers on exploring the phenomenon of knowing, that some person( or object) is *that* person, that it is not some other one...

but thanks for even trying

last bump of hope

are you thinking of recognition? recognition sheme?

basically yes, but the term *recognition* is used in some other way of research, which makes it impossible to search sources by this term

ugh,
sorry op, I am trying to find the textbook I learnt this from.
I couldn't find it.
I can name the pathways from the occipital lobe, which the recognition flows through the mirror neuron section before process. I just for the life of me can't remember.

???

do you remember the name of the book?
also, if that's not to much, could you name the pathways?

like, it's getting warmer. See, I'm studying the coolidge effect right now and I try to understand, how brain realises that he is fucking another girl and not the same one

I do not remember the name of the book, I'm fucking oldfag (29) I graduated gosh, years ago.
I just remember everyone was adapting APA style writing, the book was blue. I have stirred up so much dust and pissing my canary off (he's a fucking alpha).

Are you in secondary school, or in university? I don't know how much information you need about neural pathways.

so like... memory?

uni, of course. I'm studying cognitive science. This research is part of some grater idea and also I want to graduate using this.
so you know, I need EVERY information available

are you like, mathematican or philosopher?

gnosia?

if you want to be scammed just send me $150 bucks, ill post my paypal

nice try. sadly it's not the case.
sorry, I like it more stylish

if it's for the coolidge effect, it's face recognition, then the stimulus is hyper rewarded by the amygdalae via noradrenaline, then smashing the substantia nigra with more rewards.

if only it was this easy...
your idea, if true, would lead to the situation, where you could continiously fuck the same girl doggystlye, thinking about other faces from time to time.
according to my personal experiance, that's not the case.
I want to investigate potential chemosensory pathways as well as some more... reason- based ways of recognition? I don't know
Also, can you point me some good review on nucleus accumbens

on top of that, whilst the neurons are getting off, there is a touch of 5ht-2a getting thrown in with a splash of enzyme CYP3A4.

That's why sex is super effective.

now, that's something new. are there any sources I can get that don't require specific knowledge of biochemistry?
also, do you know anything on the role of MHC proteins in the process?

gosh you don't ask for much. (jk)
I'll go down stairs for my father's medical mags,
There was an excellent article in Medicine Today last April about it.

I'm so fucking sad I'm not a femanon and can't reward you with tits.
sorry, user

I'm a gay guy, so please no tits.

MHC peptide fragments, that are polygenic or polymorphic? you're not giving me much to work with.

I'm just starting my research on this plus I know fucking nothing when it starts touching (organic)chemistry.
Right now I'm exploring the field, so I need to know as much as you can tell me, be it the former group or the latter. Sorry for me being this stupid, I'm just starting my learning.

oh my gosh, don't apologise for lack of knowledge.
this thread might die, and I have to eat, I would love to help you further. I don't know what contact details I can further assist you with.

here, take this junk email. I'll lurk on it since now.

[email protected]

and, man, do I really appreciate your help
like, really