Can anyone explain to me like im fucking a 5 year old what fire is made of?

can anyone explain to me like im fucking a 5 year old what fire is made of?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tMDKeBaLWDw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colored_fire
plasmacoalition.org/plasma_writeups/flame.pdf
gizmodo.com/scientists-discovered-a-new-type-of-fire-1784967070
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Idk I heard if you light yourself on fire that you'll be able to see the molecules as it burns you. As long as you don't let yourself burn too much you'll be 100% okay

I once asked my science teacher this question and he almost fucking smacked me.

Fire is not made of anything. It's the energy being released from extreme heat of the thing burning called combustion. So basically it's the result of a chemical reaction.

Extra energy. Do enough cocaine and become the human torch. Flame on cocaine gives me flaming rocket feet wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Burning gas, stop fucking the 5 year old

You fuckheads... the orange stuff is just embers (or whatever is being burned) and its just really hot so it moves up and is wavy bc of gravity. Also its orange bc of black-bodied radiation AKA its "orange-hot" as opposed to being "white-hot".

A chemical reaction involving hydrocarbons and oxygen where energy is released in the form of heat during the later stages of what is called pyrolysis

Fire is made out of an element named phlogiston.

Fire hurty dont touch

youtu.be/tMDKeBaLWDw

fire is a chemical reaction of oxygen and a fuel, usually carbon-based.

the reaction causes heat by breaking the molecular bonds between atoms in the fuel.

the reaction is hot - which causes two effects:
1, heat rises when under gravity in an atmosphere, and
2. small amounts of uncombusted material (for instance, soot in a candle) rises upwards while heated.

this upward draft of uncombusted or combusting material is so hot that it emits not just heat, but light.

thus, you get a hot, bright plume from the spot that is combusting.

AKA: Fire.

(somewhat simplified, but should be easy enough)

air behaves like a black body and radiates light at different wavelengths the hotter it gets. fire is simply the chemical reaction of hydrocarbons and oxygen but you can also think of it as really hot air. cheers.

when you stick it in you should feel really horrible, because they are only 5... cine to think of it I don't really know how to explain it like your fucking a 5 year old...

It's a phenomenon when a substance starts to release energy because of heat or another substance that comes to contact to it.

Fire is not always like that. Iron rusting is reaction with moisture and air and could be classified as slow burning too.

Reading OP, my initial thoughts were not of combustion.

>fire is a chemical reaction of oxygen and a fuel, usually carbon-based.

It's fuel, oxygen, free radicals, and heat. Carbon based fuels are not necessary or "usual," think of hydrogen and all the stars in the universe, .

>. Iron rusting

iron oxide is iron and oxygen.

ok so its plasma?

FIRE HOT! BAD TOUCH! GOOD FOR MEAT! NO TOUCH!

>like I'm fucking a 5 year old
>fucking a 5 year old
>5 year old
Bruh?

Ianized gas.

Plasma. Kys

>and radiates light at different wavelengths the hotter it gets.
this

OP, you have to understand the basics if thermodynamics.
then the einstein stuff, that energy = matter X c2

but yes, what you see is heat.
combustion reaction liberates lots of energy.
molecules acquire a lot of speed
they crash into each other
photons are emitted

now I don't know why the different colors in OP
that's a fucking good question, OP, thanks for asking.

Explain to me like I'm fucking a 5 year old?
How is nobody checking this?

nope

very hot air, so hot - it want to be more than just air, and so it becomes a shiny, burning flame

I like people who think of the scope. Like howH2 is so holyshit rare but we fill balloons with it.

this is a reddit meme.

>Explain to me like I'm fucking a 5 year old

Don't ask stupid questions or Daddy will spank.

Fire is one of the four elements. Duh.

>Like howH2 is so holyshit rare

Hydrogen is the most plentiful element in the universe.

>...explain fire like OP is a 5 year old?

Fire = Kill yourself.

Do you want to kill yourself?

Stay the fuck away from the fire...

>...explain fire like OP is a 5 year old

>Carbon based fuels are not necessary or "usual," think of hydrogen and all the stars in the universe, .

Hydrogen in stars is not burning. it does not react with oxygen. it produces heat by nuclear fusion - two hydrogen atoms fusing into helium. etc.

Burning, combustion is the process of molecular bonds breaking, in the presence of oxygen.

Kek. Easy.
Fire is still made of atoms, but in the fourth state of matter, plasma... out of the mlst common 4. There are more lab-achievable states but let's forget those. Solid, liquid, gas, plasma. Pmasma is superheated gas to the point where electrons are ripped from the atoms and form a free floating charged field. Whenever an electron is recaptured by an atomic core/nucleus, light is emitted. Since it falls from freely moving into the lower energy state of being bound to an atom. The difference in energy is equal to the energy of the photon emitted.
If you burn copper you get a green flame because the difference in energy corresponds with the energy of green wavelength light particles.

who here listened to their parents and never got burnt?

>Fire is a chemical reaction, it's pure energy, and it burns so keep your little faggy hands away from it.
Literally how my dad explained to me.

>Hydrogen in stars is not burning

You're welcome to stand on the surface of Sol, and report back to us that it is not burning.

This is what happens when you type on mobile.

>now I don't know why the different colors in OP

Trace elements in the fuel.

copper atoms in a fuel will make green flames, so will Sodium Borate (Borax), Strontium chloride will make red flames, etc.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colored_fire

has a list of them all.

It's not. The energy comes entirely from the fusion process in the core. No burning involved. It's waaay hotter than if it was merely burning.

Can I get someanon to check meh quads, please?

Because only the maximum autists give a fuck. The rest of us understood that it was just a colorful metaphor.

burning != hot.

the sun is fucking hot, but it is not burning.

in exact the same way a campfire is hot, but is is not undertaking a nuclear fusion reaction.

"Burning", and "Fire" have specific meanings.

Combustion is specifically an exothermic heat release based reaction

Helium. I should have said helium. I know hydrogen is the most common. Perhaps some day we'll learn to really tap that resource instead of fossil fuels.

ii leik dith bred

>explain to me like im fucking a 5 year old what fire is made of?
>5 year old
it is made of pain
if you touch it you will be in excruciating pain
and I will have to beat the pain out of you

winrar, quads have spoken

meanwhile in France...

While we are on the topic of asking questions, how legal are homemade gunz in New Zealand?

Sauce

anything is legal if you don't get caught

ITT : people trying to show how smarty smart they are while the Op asked to explain like he was 5

>plasma.
>ok so its plasma?

Some flames contain plasma. Some don't. Read this plasmacoalition.org/plasma_writeups/flame.pdf and I don't care if you're 5 years old.

You want to make a zipgun? DIY and k can help.

Here. Pretty sure you can dig it up on gelbooru, etc.

It really is that simple. Same thing happwns inside power saving light bulbs. Except the gas inside is heated (and charged) by forcing electricity through it. All those tube like light bulbs are just gas/plasma containers.

When you burn stuff the energy to rip the electrons from the atomic cores temporarily comes from a chemical process. The sun is also plasma but where the energy comes from nuclear fusion processes. Without a constant energy source, plasma quickly decays into gas as the electrons are reabsorped.

what the fuck Sup Forums has run out of content so bad were ripping off inside jokes from fucking reddit? im truly disgusted, theres some shady shit on Sup Forums but this turns my stomach

If there's anything I learnt from the milf I used to go out with, its that 5-year olds learn perfectly well, without it being dumbed down.

Fire is by definition plasma.

Chemist here

Fire is a plasma. Plasma is essentially atoms that have had many of their electrons ripped away. The color that you see is the process of electrons being removed ect.

>what the fuck Sup Forums has run out of content so bad

Well, the only content we have left is Rate My Dick, and We Niggers be Takin All Yo White Wimmins.

Better question yet...
How hot is a single flame

the yellow or orange you see in a flame are carbons being burned off, there was an article published recently about how scientist discovered a "new kind of fire" it's essentially a flame tornado that burns so cleanly it's blue or almost invisible. they say it could be beneficial for cleaning up oil spills in the oceans

the colors are a result of how hot the flame is. the hotter it gets the shorter the wavelength(look at a color spectrum) and the more energy is released. this is why a blue flame is hotter than an orange one.

More like the communities have mixed. It is sad and we should all be ashamed.

Anyone who says it's blackbody radiation is a faggot and should read up on fire.

aren't we all just protons,neutrons and electrons anyway

what a sad truth

The light is emitted as the elctrons are reabsorbed. Adding energy rips them from atoms. As they are reabsorped they fall back to their lowe energy state/level and the excess energy (that was added to rip them out) is emitted as a photon.

gizmodo.com/scientists-discovered-a-new-type-of-fire-1784967070

is this thread over now? one punch is about to start

Tl;dr:
Fire is made of plasma. Plasma is the state of matter that comes after gas. So it is basically superheated gas. Plasma emits light. Without a constant energy source, plasma decays into gas quickly. when you burn shit, that energy source is a chemical chain reaction that keeps going on as long as it has fuel.

read this

I know, they better stop wasting that shit. I want to make sure there is enough for me to use with an exit bag should I ever want to use one some day.

Those are lab achievable. But not really what OP is asking about. I explain regular fire. It's still just atoms and their electrons.

the screenshot explains what you're seeing when you see a yellow flame.

I just did too. See

that only proves my point you can attribute it to the oxygen but the more oxygen involved in the reaction the hotter the flame. the hotter the flame the smaller wavelength radiated by the flame.. look at my post about how air behaves like a black body.

more oxygen. more heat. smaller wavelength radiated.

It's super heated water vapor in a plasma state

article says that for example for a househld wax candle (1500°C max), there is no plasma in the flame.

they say that a plasma is when a gas is ionized so much that positive and negative ions react in groups. An effect is that plasmas create internal electric fields, able to shield from external electric fields.

the article is from 2008, but the wikipedia page about plasmas still link to it.
plasmacoalition.org/plasma_writeups/flame.pdf

this is about flames
I'll have to ask source for the claim that fire is a plasma by definition.

"soot particles" that's weren't able to completely combust due to lack of oxygen, suggesting if sufficient oxygen were present the flame would appear blue or clear. military surplus stores sell fire starter bricks that burn with a clear or blue flame so the soot must be a byproduct of the fuel. so basically visible fire is unburned particles of the fuel. but none of that matters anyway because this fucking question came from a fucking reddit gag... so what the fuck are we talking about

Fire is made from the white juice that comes out of daddy's peepee. That is why you have to be good a drink it up or the house will burn down.

._. No dear. They just redefine plasma. If you heat a gas to the point where it emits light... it is plasma.

goddamnit somebody in this thread rate my dick or talk about boxxy or something.... some reddit fag is furiously fapping to a post he started that got 200+ replies right here on Sup Forums

alright 87 replies

hurt, no touch, bad bad.