How Do You Find New Music user?

what's your secret to finding them gems year round?

Other urls found in this thread:

everynoise.com/engenremap.html
notonlylossless.blogs.sapo.pt/
nodata.tv/
youtube.com/watch?v=ayd093Cmtrg
youtube.com/watch?v=GrVyp082K54
youtube.com/watch?v=Tiy3lTIUTbQ
jpop80ss.blogspot.com.ar/
youtube.com/watch?v=GDtvTaWkR3E
ihatemusic.noquam.com/
bandcamp.com/tags
wehavenozen.blogspot.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=6__Ab7M1piM&index=138
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

everynoise.com/engenremap.html
no bully

rateyourmusic and discogs, and sometimes scaruffi

RYM's random album feature
RYM's auto recommendations list
RYM's chart feature, especially the esoteric option
albumoftheyear.org's top albums of the year list of stuff I haven't already heard.
Occasionally recs from here.

rym fact nts and ra to find.

scaruffi to tell me if i'm wrong about liking something

Blogspot is pretty good
I also like just reading about my favorite artists and learning their about their influences/other similar bands

RYM (sometimes p4k and needle drop)

Metal specific:
>>>Toilet Ov Hell

RYM
Sup Forums
Friends
Going to shows

I just look up random words on slsk

It's pretty much a crapshoot at this point.

I use to find music I like through internet reviews (Todd In The Shadows mainly) but I haven't watched him in a long time.

I just go to people that collaborate a lot or produce a lot with artists I like.

Or I just search bands/albums I hear people talk a lot about.

Sup Forums

user the best way is record labels and reading about scenes. you find a band you like, you listen to everything they've done, and then you read about them and figure out their history.

from there you find out which bands they were related to, what their members did, what labels they were signed to, etc. And from there you find likeminded groups with similar sounds, production, and even members.

wow.

>go to RYM
>look up chart of style of music i enjoy
>look through chart like i'm at a record store picking out things i think look cool

I look at record labels of artists that I like on Discogs

Bandcamp, although that involves slogging through a lot of shit

notonlylossless.blogs.sapo.pt/
nodata.tv/
(mostly electronic)
and I download albums with pretty arworks

sounds like a meme but i actually do this too

Beside digging and searching from my own (artists somehow related to the ones I already know, such as Wikipedia)
Recently, I'm acting for Youtube's fault

youtube.com/watch?v=ayd093Cmtrg
youtube.com/watch?v=GrVyp082K54
youtube.com/watch?v=Tiy3lTIUTbQ

...and yeah, Youtube. I hardly can come up with a source that shows me music AND that it actually works, on an standar basis.

In the past, I've been on blogs (post-rock, progressive shit, etc) but that's just the past. Now I have a 80's/70's Japanese pop blog as a source, but...that's just the meantime... So, blogs can be a source from time to time, depending of my status.

>Now I have a 80's/70's Japanese pop blog as a source
link plz

RYM
friends
Sup Forums
and Scaruffi to let me know when I've fucked up horribly

RYM, people I know from an Spanish forum, this place, sometimes Fantana.

And sometimes I just look up for album with album covers that look interesting.

jpop80ss.blogspot.com.ar/

I actually forgot an important way I have of knowing artidts, and this one actually interest me: compilations. That's why I have saved the likes of Vans Warped Tour or Punk-o-Rama, because I love that world.

Recently, I have the Japanese "rock" (more like popular genres) compilation "Rock is Loft", where I got to know such as this one (which I love) youtube.com/watch?v=GDtvTaWkR3E

..So yeah, compilations are another important resource of mine

albumoftheyear is the most comprehensive list I've ever found. Anything that might actually have more releases is way too cluttered not just with reissues but just simple repressings etc.

YouTube autoplay function

agreed and spotify autoplay is really good too

Wait Spotify actually has the function? I've never really used it at all believe it or not

Their discover weekly function is also not bad.

Psst...hey kid...wanna be patrish?
ihatemusic.noquam.com/
Mootkips showed me this place so you KNOW its the spot

actually I havent tried to turn it on since I got premium but it was the forced shuffle with the free phone app

I was shocked how good the recs were

any decent music
bleep.com

bandcamp.com/tags
new arrivals

I've discovered some great bands through discover weekly. It's definitely hit or miss, but I think it's more useful than people give it credit for.

Mostly through other people's lists (on here, RYM, and other places) or on various SiriusXM channels.

Here's a little niche I found years ago, doesn't update often but there's a lot of interesting shit.

wehavenozen.blogspot.com/

avoid fantano and pitchfork and it'll come to you naturally.

>Not just getting your recs exclusively from fantano so you look cool in front of everyone when the topic of music comes out in a conversation

that's ignant tho, I uncovered a lot of my favourite records from them, granted none were in their top 10, but they mention a lot of good records.
But I guess I should jump on the le lets hate memtano and bitchfork train just cuz image.

3*3, 4*4, 5*5 threads where anons give interesting recom… wait

Spotify Discover Weekly

I like listening to amazon prime music radio.
I've found quite a bit of music i like on channels like house and trance.
For example this track here youtube.com/watch?v=6__Ab7M1piM&index=138
and another one of the same artist called "The Night" which i cant find anywhere but on amazon prime music.