/box/ - Olympics edition

I didn't see a thread so here. Brazil vs. Colombia on right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

stream.nbcolympics.com/boxing-day-1-morning-session
boxrec.com/boxer/539219
youtube.com/watch?v=KZkfv3ZsJ3E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Olympic Boxers with no head gear on

When did this happened?

They changed the rules. The scoring is also the same as pro boxing now.

It seems to be paying off - both fights so far have been great.

That Spanish guy looks like he's done a few lines.

Is this prelude to having pro boxers in the next Olympics?

There are already two pro boxers this year: Ruenroeng for Thailand at lightweight and N'Dam for Cameroon at light heavyweight.

there was pro boxers allowed in these olympics, pretty sure only a few tried qualifying and none made it lel

It's great to see them actually trying to hurt each other instead of just score points like at the last two Olympics.

Ireland best boxing nation.
I don't know why anyone else even bothers.

But will we see guys like Canelo, Kovalev, GGG, Provodnikov, and Adrien Broner in 2020?

Didn't one of your guys get busted for PEDs yesterday?

I doubt that many guys who are actually at world title level will bother, but there should be a lot more. Particularly younger and older boxers and those from poor non-countries.

ALLEDGED
HE A GOOD BOY
HE DIDNDU NUFFIN. TAINTED SUPPLEMENT. HE WORKED TOO HARD TO DO SOMETHING SILLY LIKE PED
HE DID NOTHING WRONG GET OUT

Whats a stream other than the nbc one?

The winner of the current fight (the Spaniard by the look of it) will face Paddy Barnes in the next round btw

>Brits call a protective mouthpiece a gumshield

Is he a tinker like John Joe Nevin? If so I don't believe him

Armenia vs Spain right?

>You will never be a TMT-Mayweather trained Boxer at the Olympics

Mexico vs. Italy next, should be good

There's a USA vs Kazakhstan match soon. Not next but the one after. That should be really good. Kazakhstan probably have the strongest team this year next to Cuba.

They're all pikeys Englishbro...They're all pikeys.
My girlfriend is from the same town as John Joe. He got his legs broke by his cousin because he fucked his wife. Fucker is barred from every pub in the town, drives around constantly in a suped up fiat punto with his toddler kid on his lap.

>DMX up in here

Hello lads

>My girlfriend is from the same town as John Joe. He got his legs broke by his cousin because he fucked his wife

Hahaha. I heard about his injury and wondered what the story was

Joe Ward at light heavyweight looks really good. He will probably medal and go on to be a world champion in the pros

Olympic ko when

>Mexicans chanting

>Bother to watch Olympic boxing

No one is going to get heemd.

Anybody got a steam?

There was nearly a stoppage earlier, some Colombian beat the dogshit out of a Brazilian.

No headgear and pro style scoring this year so I reckon there will be a few.

Colombia Brazil fight was top tier. Brazil was getting smacked around

>No headgear and pro style scoring this year so I reckon there will be a few.

How was the scoring different previously? I forget

They scored a point when they landed a punch. It was basically like how they use "Compubox" on HBO. It favoured safety-first pot-shotting and produced a lot of dull fights

Based on hits rather than performance

How come Italy produces so many good, crafty amateur boxers but none of them turn pro?

In London I thought that Cammarelle deserved to win the final over Anthony Joshua.

where can I watch this?

stream.nbcolympics.com/boxing-day-1-morning-session

holy shit no headgear. I thought that would be next Olympics and not this one. Should be good.

Scratch that, this Italian is actually a pro taking advantage of the new rules

boxrec.com/boxer/539219

It's on that telemundo channel
Congolombia is a savage

Is it with commercials though?

Why arent they competing shirtless?

>not shown live on Finnish Sup Forums
I was looking forward to this.

DOPING

Karate vs Cuban Boxing

Do Binland have a chance at any golds this year?

Jap Vs Ven Now..

My money's on japan, as he's eaten this week.

Where can I watch 60kg?

No Holding!

I'm at work tell me, how is Jap/Ven fight going right now?

So whats the rules on pro boxers returning? N'Dam had two pro fights this year. I thought you had to have three years of no fights before you could return?

Maybe in some stuff like sailing, but I really doubt it.

Venezelan getting BTFO.

fairly even at the moment, Ven got the first round though

jap working him

ven rekt but winning by points

I think they just had to go through a qualifying tournament (N'Dam actually lost in the final but still qualified)

Cammarelle is a high ranking officer in the Italian police, together with his endorsements he probably has a high salary and a comfy life and didn't want to give it up to turn pro

Yakuza vs Cartel

Pretty good fight this

USA up next

same here

Boxing not shown in Europe?

This is GGG's silver medal fight from 04

youtube.com/watch?v=KZkfv3ZsJ3E

strange to see him get manhandled and thrown around so easily, he was about 10 years younger than the Russian to be fair

it is, just not on national channels for estonia

Well, Jap wins.

Fucking venezuelann getting cornered every fucking time.

kek. So whats stopping every pro boxer from coming here to beat the shit out of a bunch of ammys for an easy gold?

I fucking hate how shitty NBC's coverage is. Previous gamesI could just watch on the Mexican channels that leaked over the border because I don't mind not understanding the commentators, but they're not showing the games on the Mexican channels for some reason this time.

Jap deserves it

It gets shown in 30 min, but I wanted to see the whole event. They will even probably juggle it with some horse polevaulting golf just to spite me even more.

Who fights next?

>commentators saying the Venezuelan should have won
lol

Italy BTFO out of Mexico
Based

different style of fighting
no money
risk of injury/embarrassment

A lot of countries and some of the sanctioning bodies wouldn't allow them this year, plus it was only decided at the last minute, but there will probably be a lot more in 2020

Winn4r by split dec Japan (60Kg)

Murica next

t. sudaca

I hope you never make fun of our television license again, because the BBC is showing every minute

50p on the Khazak

Japan won, it was really close by score, but the Japanese guy seemed a lot better.

mountain gook vs taco

KAZ Vs USA next

Oh look we have a spic fighting for US

Carlos Jr.

No, European you salty Chicano
This is a fun fight, I thank you and your family for this spic channel

Yeah I specifically remember hearing that you had to have three years of no pro fights before you could return to the Olympics. 2020 will be majority pro boxers trying to snatch easy medals kek.

Crap: Womens Cuba Vs Brazil in Judo at the same time

Is that a traditional American name?

USA

christ this spic is swinging for the fences

what did you expect, a white guy? lol

BUILD WALL

Now this I like. They're actually trying to hit each other and not some point scoring bullshit.

Are they gonna rob the Yank?

Going for dem haymakers

with the shocking record USA amateurs have now they won't need to rob them

The Kazakhistan fighter looks better....but both fighters look better than the Japanese/Venezuelan ones...

>Canela will win gold fighting guys 3x smaller than him
I like that it's amateurs, shame it will be infested with pro boxers now

It should be 2-0 to the American imo