What did my fellow NINfags think of this?

what did my fellow NINfags think of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4xg-Wk2DEXs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

best aoty of the year

youtube.com/watch?v=4xg-Wk2DEXs

didn't really care for it
kinda annoyed it was billed as 'impenetrable', was expecting something along the lines of Ghosts or at least The Fragile
it's just The Slip, again
The Slip was just ok, so is this

still, at least Deviations was great

Doing a cover of one song with lyrics stating who wrote the song is not a good parody of the artists style.
This guy is a hack.

i mean it's more challenging than most mainstream music

i can't remember it having any choruses, i've only listened to it twice so far though

Never listened to NIN before but sort of dug the first two songs off of this
Where do I start? I'm a bigtime fan of Coil if that helps

The Downward Spiral then The Fragile

After you have a really shitty day or something listen to Broken starting with pinion and go through the whole thing.

I am very satisfied with it. The extreme use of layering almost starts to feel like a gimmick, I hope that trend doesn't continue. Honestly at this point I'm glad we we still get new material. I go into anything they release now Knowing that it's not going to be TDS etc..

I guess they have a 2 more full NIN releases planned for 2017 with a tour. I am very excited.

I could barely stomach it. The music feels as bland as that album artwork.

how to get trent depressed again?

I like it. Can't wait for the new album.

It's quite good - in my mind only weak song is the 2nd
Last two are god damned amazing.

Of course Pitchfork hated it.

>they won't stop bashing Ghosts

reeeee

but I agree with some of what they write, especially how if you've gotten famous off of Broken and TDS, unfriendly and fairly impenetrable are pretty meaningless.

>Ghosts
>impenetrable

The first song reminds me of some from Year Zero, and the second is similar to the good songs from Hesitation Marks.

In the context of NIN, something like Ghosts would count as far more impenetrable than the new EP.

>infected Japanese

Wow so impenetrable

It gets better everytime I listen to it again. The Idea of You and Burning Bright will be be insane if they ever play it live.

Into the trash it goes.
t. Former NIN fan

It's Broken 2.0

I'm liking this a lot, hope the new album will follow this direction.
I believe this is very similar to the concept he had in mind for Bleedthrough, both in terms of sounds and contents

you're retarded

It's goat from a goat guy.

surprisingly good

I wish the first track was longer

what did he mean by this?

>Of course Pitchfork hated it

good, i'm glad Sup Forums nu-males stay the fuck away from nin

I loved it. Pitchfork just loves to bitch.

"The toothless With Teeth" - god their reviews are cringe as hell, I can imagine after penning that beauty, the writer jacked off in front of a mirror while listening to an 8-track of metal machine music.

Are there any other pictures of the "physical component"? These are the only ones I've seen.

Reviews for music are generally retarded. Especially for NIN where it requires more listens to get it. All NIN albums require time for your ears to adjust. Hard to explain.

Yeah. Glad to see that concept being used

what concept are you referring to?

>I'm a bigtime fan of Coil if that helps
>doesn't suggest pic related

With Teeth was supposed to be a concept album named Bleedthrough.

"The initial concept of the album was an exploration of “loss and possible discovery of self, along with alternate layers of reality and perception set inside a nightmare you can't seem to wake up from; with lots of feedback"

that sounds interesting. I don't hear that in with teeth at all

There are references to the concept but it was abandoned. It became a mini sort of concept about Trent going sober."Besides With You In Time" is probably small hint towards the original concept

10/10 ep trent does it again

how can you say this is anything near a 10/10? i am a nin fanboy and i'd give it around a 7.5

Not him. But allt tracks are unique. Get better and better with each listen. Roughest NIN since The Fragile. Full of surprises.

I was exaggerating not sure how you couldnt tell with the pic and the "trent does it again" since people seem to hate hesitation marks . But yeah its like 8/10 for me

Let me guess, "Closer" is in your top 5

Same for almost anything, critics have been anti-art from the beginning, and with the speed of the internet and everything relying on attention and fucking memes, they're more irrelevant than ever before. Even though with more perspective it's a fascinating phenomenon to analyse.

no. just because i'm not a delusional trent dickrider superfan doesn't mean i'm some pleb

I´d say that other media like games or movies it is easier to pin point objective flaws.

What bothers me the most about reviews is the scoring itself. These reviews would have more meaning without them.this way it's just "6 means it's meh"

>this way it's just "6 means it's meh"
Exactly, that's why I think 6 is even worse than 0 to 5, because a rating so abysmal will make you curious about it and maybe there's something unique in there, 6 makes you feel like it's not even worth your time. Pitchfork is worse in the sense that they give a 6 for any good music and artist than doesn't fit their agenda, so it doesn't overlap with who they actually give daily news about.
Anyway, kinda like you said, rating music is absolutely useless and insulting most of the time IMO. I learned to either completely ignore it and understand that it's one atrophied limb of the music world, at best you can laugh about it or have some fun with it.

>who they actually give daily news about.
I meant who they actually -write- daily news about.

>yes everyone seems to be asleep
is a solid meme at the least

It's nothing like the slip; maybe like demon seed but that's about it

I find it to be gone girl meets FDTS

The second is my favorite

Any CD in the physical component?

I don't hear much of their score work in it, my initial reaction was "YZ, but with guitars" (which is great), except track 3 is more Fragile-esque.

No.

Damn, not gonna spend $12 on fucking paper

Maybe I'll pick up the fragile reissue on vinyl. Maybe.

but user, NIN is nu-male music

>durr he must be talking about the state of current social issues

Not current enough for p4k, though.

Well the song is called "dear world"

He had me until "Dear W-".

Maybe next time.

Love,
Ben Scheim

It grew on me but its still just ok I personally enjoyed Hesitation Marks more desu, the first two tracks are the best tracks especially the first one