What other artists have the sound/lyrics that are as dismal and depression/anger/angst/general unhappy emotion?

What other artists have the sound/lyrics that are as dismal and depression/anger/angst/general unhappy emotion?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/Wardruna/doomgaze_and_dronegaze/
youtube.com/watch?v=wMk0114PFis
youtube.com/watch?v=e-_UwPVBuVQ
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

have a nice life

C'mon y dos eryon hat me>?1

Thank you. Another that came to my mind is MeWithoutYou.

swans, nick cave

And a retarded band legit called Crywank.

Thanks

This album is one of the most miserable, depressing things I've ever heard and I love it

Downloading both now. Thank you.

Alice in Chains

True Widow, Giles Corey (Dan Barrett from Have a Nice Life), and maybe Daughter?

johnny hobo
la dispute

mountain goats albums from the sunset tree on are pretty fucking depressing. Zopiliote machine and all hail west texas have some good sad shit on them.

There're also these two French bands called Alcest and Les Discrets that you can try checking out. They might be a little too metal-sounding, though. But Giles Corey and True Widow that I mentioned above really have that ultra-heavy, melancholy sound to them.

All added to the list. It's weird how picky I am with stuff that borders on metal so we'll find out.

What I think you're basically looking for is an official genre called doomgaze, basically a mix between doom metal and shoegaze. This link has a ton of artists you can try out, some already mentioned in the thread.
rateyourmusic.com/list/Wardruna/doomgaze_and_dronegaze/

I literally came here to post this

Also take a handful of beans and cheese and go to town?

ayyy whats your opinion on black pearl tree?

Anything involving Pat the Bunny

Nau yau're alaun and yau can thin' fyurself

Obligatory

Brand New's last two albums

Bauhaus
The Cure
Savages
This Mortal Coil
Slint
to name a few

Cancerslug
But they are more punk rock. Inspired by stuff like The Misfits.

youtube.com/watch?v=wMk0114PFis

They have that upbeat sound but the lyrics are just vile and depraved and depressing as fuck to most. They are my happy music. I'm a huge NIN fan, love Nick Cave, Depeche Mode, The Cure, etc... but Cancerslug is my shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=e-_UwPVBuVQ

Grandaddy have some great lyrics.

>I haven't been that bad but I haven't been that good
>Overmisunderstood, oh I wish I really could
>Enjoy the warming sun
>Enjoy a warm someone
>And end the need to hide away alone inside

Their songs are not smothered in a dreary atmosphere though.

You need to listen to more music.