youtube.com/watch?v=_H9A9zTorrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he held the door bravely

he knows his shit about French champagne

Muuaaaahhh Orson... Welles has always been celebrated for his sexcellence

>>>/got/
>>>/reddit/

Mwaaaaaaah the Orson Welles

Imagine being Orson in that ad and having to be all like "Muuuhaaaahhh, Paul Masson, you fuckin' fine, all delicious with your in-the-bottle fermentation and horrific faux-French monstrous taste. I would totally drink you, both in this advert and one for frozen peas." when all he really wants to do is drink another $500 Dom Perignon in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Orson and not only sit in that chair while the extra pours his disgusting California champagne in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing the suspicious-looking sediment building in it, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while he perfected that pour. Not only having to tolerate the monstrous fucking taste but Paul Masson's haughty attitude as everyone on set says it's VINTAGE DATED and DAMN, PAUL MASSON CHAMPAGNE TASTES LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and drink the disgusting fucking piss water contorting your palette into horrific flavours you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been drinking nothing but a healthy diet of Krug and Bollinger and later alleged moonshine for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Wisconsin. You've never even drunk anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the chemical contaminants in this mass produced sham pigswill as it's poured again and again for you, the extra smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in the "French excellence (for that is what they call it)", the excellence they worked so hard for with fermentation techniques in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could break a bottle and stab everyone in this room, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Orson Welles. You're drunk as fuck and don't know why the extra isn't doing anything. Just bear it. Slurr your lines and bear it.

>...and ACTION

He's a big guy

he is right about everything.

mfw he doesn't do anything

sell me on watching citizen kane pls anons, tried and stopped twice

muahhhhhhhhson

An egoist and a good filmmaker.

He's filled with country goodness and green pea-ness

Kek

>...action
>orson pls

Don't ever talk to me or Masson again.

A very interesting speaker. Not a genius, but his bravado and opinionated filmmaking ranks him up with the best.

He had an ego but there is a sense that he knew his way was right, and in turn he has made some of the greatest films of all time.

The end of his career is kind of depressing.

I will always prefer him to most of the elite European directors. Orson shit all over them, and he didn't even like to talk about films.

There's nothing in Citizen Kane that you haven't seen already, even if you only watch 2 movies a year.

christ Sup Forums is so pleb.

well u sure sold me on welles user, gj!

I thought Barry White was a great artist.

>this poor user thought this was a serious thread
Everything is a dank meme now, get with the times gramps.

Made one fantastic film that slowly becomes increasingly underrated the more parodies/pastiches are made of it. I think the majority of TV Shows today have at least one "Rosebud" reference and some argue that The Simpsons pays tribute to it so much that you could edit all the homages into the full length film. I cannot think of anyone who doesn't know what rosebud signifies and yet only a handful of those people have seen the film, This is because they already know how it ends so what is the point. But yeah his other films were pretty shite.

stfu kiddo, it's passed your bedtime

>passed

no one gives a shit about yo language nigga we just use it cause you're too dumb to know any others

Unicron was based. Played to perfection.

Total asshole, but extremely talented.

Hah.

That's because it's a groundbreaking film that has had a massive influence on cinema.

I think what he means is that it was so influential its reached a cultural osmosis. I mean fuckiny tiny tunes did a great adaptation of it.

You should watch it because its really good but dont be surprised if it feels familiar.

I loved his work in Animaniacs as the mouse with the big head

>action please, Orson

If you care about film history then you have to watch it at least once. It changed film forever.

I understood that reference

I love Maurice

He doesn't give a shit about gold mines oil wells, shipping or real estate.

MUAAAAAAAAAAAH the FRENCH

youtube.com/watch?v=_H9A9zTorrw

RIP wylis, Hodor