Why do people think Real Ale is some sort of superior drink to anything else? It's synonymous with hipster trash...

Why do people think Real Ale is some sort of superior drink to anything else? It's synonymous with hipster trash, it tastes like feet and it always has a stupid name.

Lager is much nicer IMO but, because it isn't outrageously pretentious, it's just considered filth.

Other urls found in this thread:

bier-index.de/biere/stoertebeker-atlantik-ale.html
bier-index.de/biere/doppel-hirsch.html
bier-index.de/biere/stoertebeker-stark-bier.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Chocolate stout master race reporting in

Budweiser isn't called the King of beers for nothing

My nigger.

American trash

American trash. Belgium beers and german beers are by far the best

add in austrian and czech beer and you're right

"Real ale" is just a British ale served directly from the cask, as was traditionally done. It's appropriate for some styles, although it might not be to your taste. If you're writing off ales in general because of a bad run in with hipsters, you're writing off the majority of beer. And I'm going to have to assume you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

pathetic beta faggot

By all objective standards, the most top-rated breweries are in the US. The single best in the world is Belgian. Germany doesn't really have shit anymore because of their bullshit laws limiting gravity and any innovation. Britain has a lot of good beers, but isn't really leading in any way. Australia and New Zealand are coming up in the brewing world.

it's beechwood aged nigger

beechwood

Because I know about beer and you don't...?

It's all just alcoholic grain water

>ale is pretentious

Fucking this

Sugary alcoholic grain water. With hops and yeast byproducts.

>the most top-rated breweries are in the US
Indeed, Americans truly have opened their eyes to good beer the last 10-15 years or so. The "hurr durr americans only drink budweiser" is just an outdated meme.

no because you don't know what you're talking about, beer is amade form iyhjr

I hate when people act like craft beer is so superior, fucking cunts. I know it's off topic but shit, when someone says >and you know I like my craft beer
I want to gouge out their eyes

I really and truly hope you drown

I really like Bass Ale, but fuck trendy "craft brewed" IPA's. They're too hoppy and taste horrid. Total hipster crap if you ask me. I mostly just buy Yuenling lager these days cause it's decent and relatively cheap. You can get a case of it for $17-$18 around here.

What's the similarity between Budweiser and sex in a canoe?

They're both fucking close to water.

Hipsters don't drink IPAs anymore, newfriend. They're into German Pale Ale and APAs now.

Shhhhh... You don't have to worry about beer. Just drink your simple lager and let everyone else enjoy the rest of it... Alcohol prices tend to follow a supply-demand trend and we don't need you tilting the price away from our interests. :-)

i can tell you're a winner because you argue about a feces-like drink on an anonymous website and think ur opinion matters

You're a wrong faggot. The byproduct is the alcohol. The ingredients are the hops and yeast. Beer doesn't produce yeast you dumby, yeast produces beer by fermenting sugar. So there's no sugar in beer, dumby, the sugar has been fermented into alcohol and carbon dioxide, dumby. If beer tastes sweet to you maybe you should cut out your tongue and shove it up your arse. Please google "insults" and find a list of them then read them to yourself because I simply don't have any more time to spend talking to you, you worthless piece of dumb dumb.

>German Pale Ale
AKA a Kölsch or Altbier

>APA
Which is basically the exact same beer as an IPA, with hops grown in the PNW.

says the guy who has obviously never been to Germany or Czech republic or even Denmark for that matter. Go drink some lite beer you faggot.

So many varieties of beer... all are shit. Red wine is where it's at.

"I can tell you're a winner"

Thank you. Admiration well deserved and well accepted. :-)

Yes, but the point is they don't drink and brew IPAs anymore.

whatever. like I said too hoppy. Give me a Bass or a Yuengling and I'm happy.

The correct response is: "they're both unhygienic."

The important distinction to make with beer is german/Irish vs. The rest of the world but American in particular.
Because German brewed beer is with very few exceptions superior to American beer in every way. The question of drinking ale vs. Lager is one of mood.

Forgot pic

>The ingredients are the hops and yeast
Yes, genius, alcohol is a yeast byproduct. But there are dozens of other important compounds produced by yeast that alter the characteristics of beer.

>Beer doesn't produce yeast
Yes, it does. Yeast eat sugar, and procreate. But yes, it is also an initial ingredient unless you rely on wild yeast.

>So there's no sugar in beer
>the sugar has been fermented into alcohol and carbon dioxide
Not all of it. Typical attenuation is 65-75% for most beers. So 25-35% of the sugar content is not fermented into alcohol.

Your knowledge of beer is sad. Go read a fucking book.

R E K T
E
K
T

feet are great

Don't be a dick. Red wine is incredible. If you ever get a job you should save a bit of money for the 2015 Bordeaux release, the en premeur was said to have been exceptional.

My apologies. :-)

>Germany
Yes, all over Germany. Even studied brewing there. Sorry, their laws really do shit all over their brewers and the beer is suffering as a result.
>Czech republic
No, but I'm not a fan of their style anyway. Personal preference.
>Denmark
Not really a major player in beer.

>Letting someone else lick your gfs piss flaps so you can fap at her toes curling up
Cuckery

lmfao alcohol shit tier drug

Whats the difference between ale and lager? Educate me please

>Not really a major player in beer.
M-muh Carlsberg and Tuborg

Yeah they do. Source: I live in Portland OR, which is full of hipsters and various pale ales. I see them drinking IPAs every day.

>put camera directly behind you
>eat out gf

don´t you have a dick to suck you disgusting faggot?

so how do you explain the fact that german beer is known all over the world while everybody thinks US beer is a joke?

>German brewed beer is with very few exceptions superior to American beer in every way.
Except Americans keep winning the majority of medals in every international beer competition...

If you don't like a good Weizen you have no taste.

you want sauce to this

No, you see them drinking APAs.

Simple (but slightly incorrect) answer: How long they are left to ferment. This has an effect on how hoppy it tastes and how much sugar is left.

>fap to her feet afterwards instead of fucking her

I didn't say they don't produce good beer. But they are not likely in the top 10...

Not all pale ales are indian pale ales you fucking dimwit.

I know, I was just pretending to be a butthurt Dane.

Thanks for not answering pretentiously

nobody gives a single shit about beer competitions, just as useless as Cannabis Cup. No german/belgian/insertrandomeuropeannation would ever consider drinking American piss even with 20 medals on the label.

correct

> Yes, genius
Thank you. :-) And you're right, yeast is an incredibly important factor with regards to a beers taste. And you're right, unfiltered beer will probably have more yeast byproduct than simply alcohol and carbon dioxide so there very well may be baby yeasts in the mix. However, there is no sugar in beer. The sugar all gets converted into alcohol and carbon dioxide. That's not to say that there are no carbs in beer, carbs are a byproduct of the fermentation process.

My knowledge of beer isn't sad. It's mediocre, I may be wrong about a few things but I'm not wrong about everything. So don't be a faggot fuckity fuckheads when talking to me you little cunt-for-brains.

>so how do you explain the fact that german beer is known all over the world while everybody thinks US beer is a joke?
Anyone that knows beer knows Americans have the best breweries in the world. The general public in Europe might not know it, because they don't seek out beer that they're not used to. Or they don't know where to buy it. Who knows. But Americans keep winning all the competitions.

Nobody gives a shit, you said it yourself. Hearing you faggots argue over who has a better beer is like hearing stoners argue over what kind of weed is better. You sound stupid when you get competitive over it.

>No, you see them drinking APAs.
Yes. And BPAs. And regular PAs. Red and black pale ales (stupid ass names). And Cascadian pale ales. The common thread? They drink every kind of pale ale, including IPAs.

>They drink every kind of pale ale
No shit

Well, pale ales are the most common type of ales though. Maybe even the most common type of beers, except in the US where everyone just drinks pilsners.

I don't have a dick to suck but I do have expensive wine. Wine which will age gracefully for decades and make me a mint. Do you have beer that will age as well? My understanding is that when live yeasts are used in the fermentation process then the beer will continue and develop in character for decades but this process of brewing isn't common and most beer has a shelf life of about 1 to 1.5 years. I'll enjoy my 2002 Champagne in about 20 years and you can enjoy another pint of "the good stuff"... ;-)

Also, you're a faggot and if you don't respond I hope you will have eaten a bullet or something. :-)

>How long they are left to ferment. This has an effect on how hoppy it tastes and how much sugar is left.
Incorrect. A lager is fermented with bottom fermenting yeast specifically suited to cold temperatures. It is then stored at near freezing for a few weeks after fermentation is complete.

Ales are fermented at higher temperatures (cool to hot) and ferment at the top.

Sugar content is every bit as variable in lagers and ales, but the yeast byproducts are different.

I dont understand the logic behind drinking alcohol other than when you want to get drunk tbh.

All these beer "craft beer enthusiast" people are just searching desperately for ways to justify their alcoholism tbh.

No shit. But I see the taps at the bars hipsters frequent, and there are all types of PAs, some of which are IPAs.

yeah there was sposed to be one less tbh in that post.

>is like hearing stoners argue over what kind of weed is better

this, i am a pretty heavy smoker for 7 years now and honestly all i can tell you about weed is if it´s strong, if it looks good, if it´s a half decent strain and if it is more of a body high or a head high. But you always meet idiots who can´t even roll a joint talking about the differences of Amnesia and Lemon Haze and how they can taste the difference within ms. These wannabe stoner idiots are basically just like Americans talking about beer.

>butthurt German

Cervesa rules all.

>most beer has a shelf life of about 1 to 1.5 years
That is correct, but it depends also on how it is stored (hint: exposure to light is bad, mkay, which is why beer bottles are brown [green is for marketing purposes, and those clear bottles are for corona where the hops were bathed in acid]).

I started experimenting with craft beer 20 years ago when I got bored with the grocery store lager and pilsners. i didn't even know there was a difference. Then i tried Guinness in the Caribbean and loved it. So, I started reading up and learning about the different styles and even brewed my own 15 years before every other bearded faggot in the country started.

If you like Busch light. Cool. I do too. I just like to try other beer without dismissing other stuff. Besides, I'd rather give my money to the local guy.

The problem is the hipsters. They ruin everything they touch. Nothing can make me rage like these spoiled little piss ants. It is so hard not to punch them off their fixies as they pass me on the sidewalk.

I need to research and start a hipster rekt thread.

Pilsener Bier:
there are basically 4 styles:
Checz:
pretty slender body, a little watery and bitter ending
Southern Germany:
more malty flavors, still a typical slender body and a semi bitter ending
northern germany:
slender body and a very strong bitterness and strong hop flavor
American:
bottle water and show it a picture of hop and malt, if it comes in contact you are most likely overdoing it

personally Pils is not my favourite because its lack of body by design, some are refreshing, but i like more complex beer

>some pale ales are indian pale ales
Not shit sherlock.

>pale ales are common
No shit captain obvious, it's the most common type of beer after all.

If you think that something is good just because it's American then you are the butt of the joke. American entrepreneurship in terms of alcohol production is about as efficient as thirty thousand people throwing darts at the one target. If you have that many goes then absolutely you will get plenty of bulls-eyes.

You are correct and I'm wrong.

>bottle water and show it a picture of hop and malt, if it comes in contact you are most likely overdoing it
Double kek

>unfiltered beer will probably have more yeast byproduct
You can filter out the yeast itself, but cannot filter out the chemical byproducts of yeast. And you wouldn't want to-- you would have bland beer with no mouthfeel.

>However, there is no sugar in beer.
Seriously, go read a book. Or use Google. Mashing produces unfermentable sugars, which are left in beer. Look up attentuation rates in beer. Not all the sugar is converted.

>carbs are a byproduct of the fermentation process.
No, they are a byproduct of the mashing process. Are you serious...?

bier-index.de/biere/stoertebeker-atlantik-ale.html
thats a great Pale ale, its made in northern germany in the town of Stralsund and has a slender body similar to a Pils but has a vey complex and flavoured hop

Which part? The drinking (or eating) things that taste good? The idea of receiving pleasure from flavor?

Or are you unaware some flavors are alcohol soluble, and without the alcohol you simply can't get at them.

None of these are in "craft beer" of course, which is just brewer-code for "idk what i'm doing", but I have a number of lovely spirits I enjoy small amounts of occasionally.

Or they're enthusiastic about craft beer because there are so very many different types and they don't just consume alcohol to get drunk they do it for a variety of flavours.

Except not just Americans, it's anyone that gets competitive over it. Its stupid. Your elitist way of thinking forces loss upon your credibility.

great Doppelbock really dark and malty, decent hop and overall a great beer
bier-index.de/biere/doppel-hirsch.html

The whole point is some user said hipsters don't drink IPAs. I said they do, because they drink every type of PA.

enjoy killing your liver for no reason then man

>I dont understand the logic behind drinking alcohol other than when you want to get drunk tbh.
It tastes good, and slight intoxication (aka "tipsy" and the stages before that) is preferable to getting "drunk".

>All these beer "craft beer enthusiast" people are just searching desperately for ways to justify their alcoholism tbh.
1) It's fun to have a hobby, I don't do craft beer myself, but I understand why people like doing that and for example having cooking as a hobby.

2) I have friends (yes they are hipsters) that actually make a decent sum of money from selling their crafted beers to friends

I thought it was against the rules to place ads here?

I didn't say that, I said that they mostly drink other types of PAs (and have "moved on" from the IPA phase). APAs in particular, because they are locally brewed.

>If you think that something is good just because it's American
I never said it's good because it's American. American beer is objectively good. They win competitions because they are good, not because they are American.

You are saying they are shit because they are American, and the only American beer you are aware of is likely Budweiser.

bier-index.de/biere/stoertebeker-stark-bier.html
great strong ale with a taste of coffee and bitter chocolate
a great maltyness, as it should be when you have a dark ale
one of my favourite beers at the moment

We're all going to die some day. It's not like locking yourself down in your mother's basement and living on a diet consisting solely of mountain dew, cheetos and hot pockets is particularly healthy either.

>I dont understand the logic behind eating food other than when you want to get full tbh.
>All these food "tasty food enthusiast" people are just searching desperately for ways to justify their eating tbh.

whoops, its more like i post some of my favourite beers :D shouldnt really be an ad

American? In France and Italy you pretty much always drink wine to a meal, in Germany a lot of traditional dishes go well with beer. There is plenty of reason to drink wine/beer without getting drunk.

Corona beer is best beer.

Corona is for girls and faggots