Has it jumped the shark?

Has it jumped the shark?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/05/23/how-george-rr-martin-had-game-of-thrones-hold-the-door-moment-pl/
reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/4ki23r/the_truede_leaks_seems_like_he_was_right_after_all/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole#Time_travel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, 3 seasons ago

No, shit is just finally happening.

No, it started amazingly and declined with each season. And yet, I still watch it...

a friend of mine insists the hodor = hold the door was in the books as well, but surely it wasn't?

telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/05/23/how-george-rr-martin-had-game-of-thrones-hold-the-door-moment-pl/

(farts)

Nah its been a slow decline really.

Not just one moment that fucked it. Its still watchable it just isn't as well written or focused as the early seasons.

But of course its the biggest show on television so the cool thing to do these days is to pretend that its completely irredeemable garbage and got that way overnight.

Just hope this season never returns to Dorne. Everyone (but complete plebs) agree that it was the worst shit of last season and it doesn't need to come back.

you guys say this every fucking season oh my god shup the hell up

EVERY
FUCKING
SEASON

>hey guys implying implications about game of thrones?
>I CANT WATCH THIS SHOW NOW
>ITS OVER FOR ME
>LOOK AT HOW MUCH TASTE I HAVE IM NOT GONNA WATCH IT NOW

jesus christ, is it just me or is that really fucking sad writing?

i dunno, introducing time travel is pretty bad. not that the books aren't going to do the same, which frankly is scary.

ok we don't have dorne -- now we have butchered ironborn and Wet Ramsay. not much of an upgrade.

It is jumping the shark: the show
Why so many children overrated the shit out of it for years I will never know
Maybe it's the gore and tits

Whazzatmean?

>introducing time travel is pretty bad.
I want this meme to end, time travel does not mean bad. Especially not when they make it clear here that it's a closed timeloop. Hell, all that involved Hodor this episode was brilliant. The time travel element was executed perfectly and it makes his story that much more tragic.

I knew Georgie wouldn't be able to keep the asoiaf standard of the early books.

There was too much potential with all of the characters having interesting twists that it becomes muddled.

People say it jumped the shark when Ned died but that's being way too generous.
There was so much hype for season 1 and people were so enthralled with it that they overlooked its flaws and now imagine that earlier seasons were actually good.
It was always a bit of a mixed bag and D&D fucking up characters and storylines from the very beginning as well as making up their own. Also copping out on hyped actions scenes and failing (or taking way too long) to deliver on the show's promises.

Really, barely anything has changed from Season 1.

>greyjoys drown their new kings
>euron KOed for good thirty seconds
>will obviously have brain damage
>greyjoys have been doing this ritual forever

is this why the iron islanders are such dumb fucks that can't win at anything? because they're ruled by literal retards of their own making?

It has jumped the STARK

>She continued: “Would you like to hear about our wedding night?”

It was never good you complete fucking videogame sensibilities pleb

Yea, since it's time travel sci-fi, no tension is left

Yeah, if you're 14.
This is Lost all over again, defending poorly written fiction with "but MUH FEELS ;_;"

what would you expect from a New Mecca publication?

>closed timeloop
That's the worst case scenario for a time travel story bro.

>Has it jumped the shark?

About 2 seasons ago.

The show started alright, now it's totally stripped of nuance. The script and dialogues suffered a huge dip, characterization is all over the place. I predict more emmys and golden globes.

Shit post, learn what jumping the shark means.

The first possible shark jump moment was the death of Shireen Baratheon in season 5. It wasn't in the book and pushed the limits of brutality on the show.

Doesn't help that Daenerys is the biggest Mary Sue, anime tier character on any TV show at the moment.

>Robb Stark
Overcomes the odds, brings people together to fight the enemy, commands respect from his great leadership and warfighting skills
>Jon Snow
Underdog at the nights watch, infiltrates the enemy at great risk to himself to protect his brothers
>Daenerys
Has everything done for her by Jorah, her dragons, and the people that want to fuck her. Hasn't actually personally done anything. Every time she gets in trouble she just pulls out the "lol, I'm a Targaryen" card.

What did they mean by this?

why do they show so much penis and balls.

first season it was actually a decent show, since then it has been descending more and more into shlock territory

i mainly torrent it nowadays because my friends keep talking about it and i wanna join the discussion

Can someone post a pic with all the rhings that will happen this season? I remember i saw a post of a guy who said Rickon would die in front of Jon.

>mary sue
>implying she is inexplicably powerful and charming
>implying everyone trusts her immediately

lol no

Episode 5 was legitimately good when the last 2 episodes have been pretty shit.

Tyrion has become an uninteresting character now though. I hope they kill him off soon.

Yes.

People arguing otherwise are just i full apologetics mode.

that, and all normies love her. She doesn't suit the epoch at all either. A progressive that 'loves slaves' and brown people and yet doesn't give a shit about legitimate structures in society. She is SJW:the mascot.

No, you've just jumped on the bandwagon. The timetravel aspect was hardly a problem in Lost either. It only added to the show and allowed us to explore the past as well. Lost had other problems.
I like the inevitability of it. The butterfly effect is something else, but has the same theme of inevitability, so it's all the same to me.

>gore and tits
it's absolutely the gore and tits. It's downton abbey for the same retards that watch the walking dead.

All time traveling guarantees a paradox. The reason to do a thing become the cause for the same thing. A breakdown of such a basic concept of causality destroys story telling.

>gay twink guy has std's

lol'd

>I like the inevitability of it.
But the tension is gone. Bran succeeds, and nothing anyone does matters.

We just get to see how it plays out, but we are robbed of any sort of in-universe uncertainty. That kind of disappoints me.

>implying everyone trusts her immediately
Lol you burned our Khals, guess you're the queen now

I don't see how it does if you start at the beginning and find out the loop only at the end. It has the same draw as a greek story where fate plays a central role.

Hodor is retarded and has to get bran to warg him to do shit.
Bran warging him made him retarded.

Hodor being retarded is the cause of hodor being retarded. Its a paradox man

You don't know that he will succeed. You only think he will, in the same way you think the hero will win in a story. All you know now is that some information you previously knew about you now know was colored by things that would happen in the future. But you still don't know what future events, or other events you have already seen will be affected by Bran's future actions. Will he succeed in his mission? Will he have to sacrifice himself for it? What exactly is he supposed to do? What is his exact purpose? Still shrouded in mystery, there's no certainty here.

No. Because you need to look at time as a circle, not as a linear thing.

Wow.
What a fucking simpleton
Are you really trying to argue for this jumping the shark moment (adding time travel shenanigans out of fucking nowhere) as if it was brilliant storytelling?

Why the fuck would time ever be a circle?
Time is time, and reality is based on cause and effect.

will got become the new simpsons?

>adding time travel shenanigans out of fucking nowhere
It's been there since the end of last season and been built up throughout this season. Hardly "out of nowhere".
Why would it have to be linear? It only is because you percieve it that way. It's like "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" Just depends on where you start from.

No. I just re started watching the show where I stopped a year ago; half way thru season 4. I am up to season 5 now and it is amazing as ever

Oh so it started at the end of the last season so it clearly was planned from the beginning

How much of an absolute peasant do you have to be to defend this garbage convenient writing?

Well if you want to remove the cause and effect way of looking at time than you remove a basic rule of logic. Removing logic from your story is not recommended if your trying to make it serious.

It jumped the Stark.

So every story that has a god or divine mysterious presence who intervenes or has a plan set out for the hero, like in the greek epics are just shit stories then? It just seems like the same thing to me.
I mean George RR Martin said he had the Hodor thing planned from the beginning so I'm guessing so, yeah. What is it about the time travel aspect that bugs you so? When and how would it have to be introduced then to make it work for you?

What happened to this guy rowing the boat?

Are you retarded? Its a paradox. Greek mythology isnt a paradox, it has deus ex machina.

you were talking about logic specifically. A deus ex machina also takes away logic by introducing a being that's outside of your basic causality logic, yet you don't get up in arms over that, so why is this different?

how did CIA and an entire army from the vale get past the twins?
Why is the twins not empty as Walder Frey marches to avenge his daughter and grandson? (As the shoe has already established nobody buys that Roose wasn't killed by Ramsey)
If Yara had enough men loyal to her to crew the entire iron fleet, how did she lose the Kingsmoot?

Never.
They should never introduce this asspull bullshit but since people like you are lapping it up nothing can be done buy boycotting

Something coming out of nowhere to help you is unlikely not illogical. Thats the difference.

my friend thought Gendry was the one who asked if he should close the gate

talking about fate or destiny, that the hero is destined to do things

Yes. It's actual canon.

The entire Vale is on the same side of the river as the Kingsroad leading North to Winterfell. They don't have to cross The Twins to get there.

well we got three out of five of those going again

Fate is not a paradox either.

Then how is it a paradox here? A chosen one is set on a path of destiny. When he's far into his journeyy he realizes he was destined to do things all along.

If the leaks are correct, the boat will be back on being just Gendry.

Its a paradox because of the logical contradiction of hodor being retarded is the cause of hodor being retarded.
There in no contradiction with fate

What were the leaks? I've heard about them and desu I'm struggling to even care about what happens.

ITT People don't know how time travel works and say it's shit writing

>Don't let him touch you! If he touches you in the dream he can kill you in real life, Morty!
>It's like Game of Thrones, Morty. So if it's confusing and stupid, then so is everyone's favorite TV show.

How long until Reddit & Morty booty blasts this garbage show?

>time travel isn't the basis of your show
>introducing time travel late in a series
>ever being good

It doesn't matter if it's a "closed loop" or however else you want to rationalise it. Introducing time travel is desperate and messy.

I couldn't find the original, but here's one post talking about the leak:
reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/4ki23r/the_truede_leaks_seems_like_he_was_right_after_all/

>The Brotherhood Without Banners is no more apparently. The remnants, led by Thoros of Myr are basicly "theifs of the highway" in the Riverlands or something. -Ian McShane's former knight-turned priest character (along w. several other people) is ambushed by the "Brotherhood"-remnants. (probably killed since he only appears in one episode) -One of the men accompanying Ian's character is The Hound. Not sure if Ian McShane's character is killed, but several others in their company are killed by the Brotherhood, and the Hound is forced to fight them. -He battles Thoros of Myr 1 on 1, and apparently wins.

>ITT People don't know how time travel works

and you do, because...

>Implying dogshit can blast garbage.

user, get some taste, and rope.

Yara question still stands.

Season 2>Season 1 tho

No

It just went from mediaeval politics family drama to mediaeval fantasy

>no Boby B
>No Ned
>better
sure

this image is fucking retarded. there are plenty of beautiful passages in GoT.

man that's the best description i've ever seen

i never knew how to put it before but you nailed it

That's not true, she's incinerated a number of people in cold blood.

Davos told him to keep land on his right, and since Dragonstone is an island, he's just been rowing in a circle around it for years.

He's gotta be in pretty great shape by now, at least.

no thats not how it works

bran warging made him retarded in the past, that caused hodor to be retarded and bran needed to warg him in the future

simple causal chain

time travel is always full of paradoxes but you havent identified one yet

I mean, yeah it becomes a problem if you think time can only be percieved linearly as I said before. If you accept that closed timeloops can exist however(which scientsts think they can with wormholes for instance, and that's talking reality, not a fantasy tv-show where godlike beings who just aswell might be outside of time can affect srings of causality just as the gods in old greek myths can) then it's not a problem.

He warged from the future into the past. Only reason he warged ia because he is retarded. Warging him made him retarded. As you said earlier it is a time loop aka a paradox.

>mfw we will never watch a season as comfy as season 1 for the first time again

Time is only linear prove otherwise plz

scientists DONT think that. you're retarded and you take literally what something in a sci fi movie said once as reality.

you watch too much tv. you ALL do. fucking idiots.

we already know how worm holes work. they destroy something called atomic information by making interactions irrelevant on the atomic level by locking their interactivity via intense gravitational pressure. when things can only interact subatomically, then quanta define the manner in which matter interacts, leading to a smaller level on which energy and information is transferred.

either quanta escape via energy dissipation or it is concentrated and ejected via the "wormhole" until it re-emerges somewhere else far away.

there's no time travel involved you retard

Ive concluded that tv is easily the least intelligent board on Sup Forums

>those related articles

Hey I don't claim to know much about it, I just know that Einstein and Kip Thorne think it's possible. So this is all bull then? Plus take in context that this is a show where magic is possible, and yes of course this magic has to stick to its own rules, but if it does stick to the rule of closed timeloops, then why is that not acceptable?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole#Time_travel

Your actually retarded to think that time travel is ever possible in real life. In fantasy i do not question the means, it just breaks down the show logically if you do time travel. Causes and effects become the same.

time dilation simply means that someone could go into the future by existing in a place of intense mass/energy/gravity/speed. it NEVER goes backward.

it even says this in the /wik which apparently you are incapable of actually comprehending.

it happens everywhere, at every time. satellite clocks need to be adjusted daily in order for gps to work and mountain clocks need to be adjusted every few months or they go off relative to cities.

you tv retards also think you can shoot a gun out of someones hand so I'm not surprised. this is the worst board. television is a brainwashing medium

Concerning your image, GoT showed Hodor huge penis quite openly.

Yes Stannis' death completely sealed it from going back

>ITT People don't know how time travel works
Well come on then, how does something impossible work?

Yeah official Shark jump was the Hound and Brianne duel..

the fuck is the point of that scene?