First gold medal

>first gold medal
>Virginia Thrasher
>19-years old
>10-meter air rifle
What a name, what an athlete

America GOAT once again

Other urls found in this thread:

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/07/15/the-demographics-and-politics-of-gun-owning-households/
theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/23/fox-hunting-group-investigation-claims-animal-cruelty-south-herefordshire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_competitions_at_the_Summer_Olympics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You have to go back, Tyrone.

She goes to my undergrad school, which is a powerhouse in rifle

tyb Ginny

Virginia tech?

i'd thras her

JUST USE A NORMAL LOOKING GUN

The winter biathlon rifles are meme-tier also. It's impossible to miss when you're using something designed around the sport, versus playing a sport designed around the equipment.

> 19 yo

lolwut she looks 28 or something

she could be cute if she didn't show so much gum when she smiled.

>amerishoots

West Virginia

>tfw the Nanooks don't win anymore

West Virginia, though she's from Virginia

>mount system helping holding it straight plus two sights
Shit is not a sport

Underrated post

Possum diet
Moonshine

>How much help do you need senpai
>Just make me pull the trigger

19? Looks 35

Cho used a couple of handguns.

>honduramurders

is there any shooting competition with just the athlete and gun? The one this morning seemed so artificial I thought for a moment they weren't even shooting bullets, just a computer telling "your bullet would have landed here"

lel

If it's so easy why could nobody else do it better?

I almost went there, but I decided I didn't want to pay $800/month to live with a roommate or live in a dry cabin

>everyone making the same "HAHA AMERICA GOOD AT SHOOTING GO FIGURE im the first person to make this joke right" on all the news site comments and other places

winter olympics has the biathlon which is kinda cool

meme sport

Reminder that Olympic shooting used to have real rifles and pistols but anti-gun faggot countries complained about it so now we have this air rifle bullshit.

Ugh. Military rifle shooting used to be an event and I'd much rather watch that than this crutch assist air rifle shit

iirc Winter Biathlon literally doesn't shoot anything. They just use lasers

Don't massacre the joke

wait what i thought this was just a different type of shooting event, like freestyle vs butterfly

they got rid of shotguns?

when is a non mickey mouse sport on?

>they got rid of shotguns?
No. You still have Trap, Double Trap and Skeet events.

Skeet is still an event. He's just an assmad gun fetishist

Ban air rifles

In south korea they have to store their personal weapons at police stations.
In america any korean can buy a couple of handguns and go crazy.

Skeet is still an event.
He's talking about the traditional rifle categories like small bore (.22) and high power/military which is shot with ar-15s and the like. Air rifle is the easiest becuase of how light the rifle is and the fact that air has no recoil. High power is usually shot at longer range, it's a pretty cool event.

Would be pretty cool, but they're not going to add events unless it's going to get more people to watch. Same reason powerlifting will never be in the Olympics

>Would be pretty cool, but they're not going to add events unless it's going to get more people to watch
Shooting events are probably among the least viewed in the Olympics. The only reason they're still there is because of tradition.

Handguns I think. Archery, although looking weird with all the tools, is superior.
Your idea with the computer is probably gonna be reality real soon.

I'd trash her virginity.

Exactly. It's no coincidence that this was the first medal given

I'd thrash my penis around inside her vagina, if you know what I mean

>Americans couldn't even watch it live

Target Paper Lives Matter

Nope.

>The biathlete carries a small bore rifle, which weighs at least 3.5 kilograms (7.7 lb), excluding ammunition and magazines. The rifles use .22 LR ammunition and are bolt action or Fortner (straight-pull bolt) action.

I don't follow

>look up when NBC's contract with the Olympics ends so I don't have to put up with this bullshit
>2032

FUCK

VT is pistol school, they have national record in it.

Huh. Interesting

Doesn't change the fact that they're not going to add any shooting events. Shit, they'll probably drop a couple. Ain't nobody watching this besides us and the shooters' parents

they should treat it like those dance sports where you rate it based on style

>competitive dual wielding
>gangster freestyle shooting

Too bad they don't have Immigrant Importation in the olympics, that way you could get a goldie too

What you're thinking of is practical sport shooting, which is a thing and has it's own world governing body, the IPSC. The only problem with putting practical shooting in the Olympics is that all IPSC competitions require real firearms, with 9mm being the minimum caliber for pistol competitions.

>At breakfast when she won this morning
>Man stood up and announced that US had won its first gold medal
>Says that it was a girl who went to the local High School
>Entire restaurant erupts in applause

Niggershoot isn't a sport, fucking barbaric Muricans

>ameri
>claps
I'm going to clap in support of that beautiful moment in the restaurant.

>niggershoot
>girl from Northern Virginia who goes to West Virginia University gets gold
>other two medalists are Chinawomen

Stay salty, bongoloid

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/07/15/the-demographics-and-politics-of-gun-owning-households/

It's whites that own the guns

fuck off fox hunter

>wake up
>us already won a gold medal
this is too easy

This is boring as shit why not have paintballing or something?

They don't even shoot the fox. They just chase it around on horses with dogs and tear up parks and peoples' backyards, then go get drunk

Doesn't that sound amazing fun?

>Lasartag 2020

theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/23/fox-hunting-group-investigation-claims-animal-cruelty-south-herefordshire

the dogs tear the fox apart

It's as barbaric and fucked up as anything else and they hide behind the veil of "muh tradition" like spain hanging their hunting dogs after each season.

Ah. I didn't realize that sometimes they actually catch it. I'm from Southeastern PA and there are a few old money types that still do that shit. They're annoying as fuck with their loud ass dogs when I'm just trying to walk mine at the park

American police do something similar with guns instead of dogs and black people instead of foxes

difference being one isn't celebrated

...not sure which one isn't

>one is banned
>one is permitted

I'll be dead by then according to/b/

Even if the competition was falling over someone would win.

le useless sport gold
le sports where they throw out golds like it's worth nothing

the gold count means nothing.

>she only learned about the sport 5 years ago
>already on top

how is this in the olympics

No guns detected

she only started shooting 4 years ago

you could literally be at the next olympics, user.

Ryan Lochte will have sex with her tonight

>no cowboy on horses trying to shoot running coyotes or rabbits sport

you had one job

I know right? Started the sport in high school and is in her 2nd year in college and wins Gold in the precision pellet rifle.
To be honest, though, in the US Boy Scouts we shot BB-guns growing up and i even saved some of my bullseyes and was proud of them.
Plus, during the interview with her Gold she was a very sweet down to earth girl next door type. She didn't even think she was good lol
She'll be a celebrity at West Virginia Univ. the rest of her time there until graduation.

Poor insecure jealous and buttmad Sweden

There are three Olympic events were they use a shot gun and shoot at a moving clay disc (trap, double trap, skeet)
The rest are all pistol and rifle events like what you saw. Looks boring but its a lot tougher than it looks obviously

you know they don't rest their guns on those stands when they're actually shooting, right?

the stands are there for them to rest the rifle on between rounds

>10m
>rifle
How the fuck is that a sport? I could understand if it were at a range like 200m, or if it took some physical power to shoot the gun, but it doesn't. You just stands there, aim, and it hits the target. Literally anyone could do it.

Then why don't you do it?

Because I didn't grow up in a hick town where kids shoot things for fun.

She's from Northern Virginia. The definition of Soccer Mom Suburbia

>Virginia
>Suburbia
Redneck please go

His name is Jo, right?

Try it out with a pellet gun. You'll find its a lot harder than you ever imagined

Radu with the bantz today, goddamn slow down

>t. Californian

What happens here?

# virginia??

Why the fuck is this even a 'sport', its not even exhausting...

Ancient Greeks would turn in their graves if they saw this pussy shit at an olympic event.

Riflery
Whitewater rafting
BASE jumping one day year
Meth/Heroin/pill abuse
Couch-burning

>Belgians in charge of knowing Olympic history

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_competitions_at_the_Summer_Olympics

She goes to WVU, a Big XII school in Morgantown. I've been their once. It's gorgeous when the trees lining the Appalachians change colors

She's seems like the girl that's the really annoying friend of the hot girl at the bar that you had to talk to out of courtesy but then she won't shut the fuck up and cock blocks the shit out of you. Then keeps blabbering about how good she is at shooting guns

She seems the opposite of that actually

Is her competition video online somewhere yet?

I wanna watch cuz everything on right now is boring as fuck

Are you fucking retarded? That just says they included some faggy painting contest in the early 20th century?? The olympics have been around since before fucking Christ... Do you even know where the term 'olympic' comes from?

Never clicking any ignorant burger links ever again ffs whats wrong with you people

Compare the target to the size of a dime