Any movies that center around a white teen into hip-hop culture, living in the city and is during the summer...

Any movies that center around a white teen into hip-hop culture, living in the city and is during the summer? May seem pretty damn specific but I've seen The Wackness and Kids, and they fall pretty in line.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fg9dmU4U91E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ken Park

Thanks

Kids remake when?

Eh, there should never be a remake, per say. But another movie of the same theme and atmosphere, just having to do with the current youth climate.

its called dope.

Really shitty movie called Havoc that the only redeeming factor of is Anne Hathaway's tits

no hip hop, but captures all the rest your looking for. also it has lesbos so....

forgot title, sorry. All over me

I've seen it. Didn't really care for it. Tried too hard and race baited a lot. The overall atmosphere wasn't bad though.

try watching other films by larry clark. bully is pretty good, and wassup rockers looks interesting.

Will do, thanks for the recs everyone. It's getting to summertime again and I just needed some comfy movies to accompany me.

Not in a city but Bully

So, the consensus is pretty much anything by Larry Clark?

>race baited
would you consider maybe it felt like that because you're not their target demographic?

I hated every kid in this and had no sympathy for anyone. Not even the girl who got raped.

Thirteen deals with similar issues of kids getting into shit too young

Maybe, but it still felt like it was dealing with race, just to deal with race. Plus, the "punk" band was hilariously god awful.

Oh, I definitely did too. I even came away from the film hating it, but I love the atmosphere of warm city nights and the camaraderie that comes with them. I don't know, it's probably nostalgia.

>but I love the atmosphere of warm city nights and the camaraderie that comes with them. I don't know, it's probably nostalgia.
Yeah! Maybe the camera work was very good. I did enjoy the part when they snuk.........sneaked?....into the pool. They almost came off as just nice naive kids doing stupid things. Then that guy got beaten up for no reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fg9dmU4U91E

almost everything "black" focuses on race. Black people love that shit. Every single black comedian mentions race in every other joke. Its a black thing.

Alpha Dog is surprisingly kid.

Wannabe mafioso kids end up actually doing something legit mafia-like and everything goes to shit on them.

That was actually my favorite part too, and the fight scene put me off as well. Damn, it's like we got the same exact things out of this movie.

no clue what you mean by "surprisingly kid" but it's a good movie, it's based on a real story so the plot is really good/believable

>Then that guy got beaten up for no reason.
>no reason

my favourite meme

dude said sorry, backed off, and the uppity nigger still went after him, even threw the first hit

Larry Clarke made me a more promiscuous person, God bless him. I watched Kids when I was 15, and I knew that I had to fuck pussy , lots of it, without giving a fuck.

did you get AIDS

I did get herpes, and couple bums on my balls from time to time that seem to appear/disappear

you didn't get AIDS though. you're not doing it right

>and couple bums on my balls from time to time that seem to appear/disappear
Oh! You got that. Your balls my fall off at 35 years of age. Maybe 40 if you`re lucky. You will succumb to excruciating intestinal pain at 42.

at least he fucced

well gimme a break will ya? I've only been sleeping with latino women, ese.

But he has no idea what he`s in for. He`ll beg to be put out of his misery.

>I've only been sleeping with latino women
Then you should have gotten so much AIDS that you became immune to it.

Bully by Larry Clark

>per say

>per say
>per se
Whatever man

Black and White, RDJ's in it.

Basketball Diaries OP
Dicaprio is in it.

You fathom that, per se?

I do.

Thirteen comes to mind

worst
acting
ever

...but a fucked up story nonetheless.
takes place in florida.
i read the book.
read the book was better.
dont really see how it related to a movie like kids
but then again im from nyc

good fucking call.
yes, basketball diaries.

8 Mile. I was a teen in the hip hop scene (bboy, not rapping tho) at the time it came out and it was pretty accurate as to what it was like actually.

Harmony says it wouldn't be possible today. And I agree, they'd just Snapchat "omg u gave me AIDS telly ;-(!" The kids walking around the city bumping into people wouldn't happen today either. They'd just arrange to meet somewhere on Facebook. Also top kek if you think having sex scenes, or explicit sexual scenes with underage actors can be allowed in >2016. They barely did in 95. It's an artifact of a different time.

well Harmony is fucking jew