Civil War

Why did they make some random girl say this and not Cap himself to Spiderman?

The way she delivered it had no power whatsoever and wasn't memorable in the slightest

Fuck it got me mad

They completely butchered the Civil War arc to make a typical Marvel quipflick

Should have been a two part avengers movie with more people, including Netflix MCU too.

Why do care so much about picture books meant for children?

>thinking children actually read picture books when they're too busy playing minecraft on their ipads
get a load of this retard

so that he inevitably says it to Spidey in Infinity Wars before he dies? Seems like that's what they're setting it up for

Phase three is supposed to be about Civil War.
Anyway, i think Cap 3 should have been Cap/Falcon/Bucky/Spidey/Panther and turn Avengers 3 into Civil War.

I hope you realize how fucking cringeworthy that picture is.

>Phase three is supposed to be about Civil War.
As in, literally having the Superhero Registration Act and having two sides fight each other to the death over an intractable ideological conflict?

If it's not that it's not Civil War.

yes, its been confirmed that

Source?

>people actually think the Civil War books were good

no wait a minute, you never read them, you just heard that the movie was different from the source material and naturally came to the conclusion that it mustve been completely better

>butchered the Civil War arc
>le let's translate shitty comicbook storylines directly to movies guy

I read the entire Civil War event, unlike the plebs who trash it online without a bringing up a single specific complaint beyond:

>not muh Captain America
and
>not muh Iron Man

The Civil War arc was excellent. Beyond the more general themes of surveillance and civil liberties it deals with how deeply held convictions turn people into intolerant idiots unable to compromise or see the other side. The film turned the conflict into a quipfest airport scrimmage and then completely ignored the ideological conflict in the entire second half of the movie. It sucks. Not to mention changing it from US government oversight to the UN made zero fucking sense and was completely idiotic.

Movie Cap is a straight man foil quip machine. It would have been horribly out of character for him to say something so serious and heavy sounding.

I liked the movie version which is told by Sharon when she spoke of Peggy, the comic version is retarded...and so are you OP.
IM is a retard who goes too far, and Cap only enables him in the comic, it was fucking stupid. The speech is great, the context in the comic is fagtastic, meanwhile the movie used that equally powerful speech in an inspiring context and improved it tenfolds.

CW the comic is shit, and so are you for linking it.

So why did Zemo kill those super soldiers instead of releasing them after Cap and Tony beat each other?
There was no way they couldve beat them after all that

You can't butcher a piece of shit, user.

The speech is great and all but how it was delivered was really lackluster. No emotion at all just literally reading it in a monotone

>The book was better
This is funny to me because CW caused me to drop comics altogether back when it was released. Identity Crisis and CW are horrid comics.

>How do we fix this
>Lets sell SM marriage to the devil and say ayy lmaos caused it too!

There are at least 3 takes of CW not counting the movie showing how poorly thought it was.

because an external threat would bring them together, which is the opposite of what he wants

Because the entire fucking point was that he wanted -fewer- superpowered beings in the world

How do you know so much about what children do?

Exactly. Which is why I don't get I don't fucking care they they pussified Cap or completely turn Tony, Reed Richards and others into dicks. Just pick any fucking page from the Captain America run. The dialogue is some of the worst of all time even for comic standards.

It's appealing to autists with black and white thinking, and liberals who falsely envision themselves as rebels against society.

>IM can break the speed barrier at full speed
>didn't even make an effort to save his friend from breaking his spine

lets get this shit started

>Wakanda is a third world shithole
>random cia does cap's speach
>aunt may is Marissa Tomei (B R A V O)
>no Giant man death or burial
>gay Bucky plot
>no school explosion

what else?

>no you move

what did they mean by this?

>>Wakanda is a third world shithole
wakanda was only glimpsed at the end of the movie you retard

you are such a pleb

Dont post a comic excerpt and pretend to care about it when you dont even know who fucking Sharon Carter is. Fuck off you casual piece of shit.

Who will be the first major character to die in MCU?
My bet is on Hawkeye. He can be replaced by any other superhero and nothing will change.
Same with BW but Marvel wont anger the feminists so she's safe

the Hulk, in a huge "oh shit!" moment
no one gives a fuck about the hulk

Why the fuck does it matter who she is?
She's a nobody in MCU and the way she delivered the speech is entirely forgettable

How do you butcher a pile of shit? This quote was used far better in the movie since it gave Cap a reason to oppose the accords rather than in the comic where he's fighting Tony who's been possessed by the spirit of fascism and is already on the right.

>I have free will to do what I want but I choose to oscillate

His next movie is going to be huge though

>what else?
You are retarded.

>He thought Goliath death mattered at all.
So very fucking retarded.

I thought the context in the movie was great.
Like it or not Peggy Carter was a woman who worked in a field dominated by men and managed to become one of SHIELD's leader.

We are supposed to understand that she faced tough, unjust hurdles but rather than fold and follow the supposed way, she fought to earn her place.
Thus the speech carries more weight when her niece delivers it by letting the audience draws a parallel to Cap's sitution, rather than having Cap stating outright 'No guyz, U suck"

Overall nicely done. Bonus point for triggering some of you.

NO ENOUGH QUIPS

FEED ME QUIPS

OM NOM NOM

I would say its the equivalent of not knowing who Mary Jane is, which is why its ridiculous to me that you would come on here and pretend to be a passionate comic fan upset your favorite speech was ruined.

>Thus the speech carries more weight when her niece delivers it by letting the audience draws a parallel to Cap's sitution, rather than having Cap stating outright 'No guyz, U suck"

This, not to mention having Cap possibly quote it at some point later on will make even better.

>Wakanda is a third world shithole

apparently having giant white letters in the middle of the screen telling you exactly where they were wasn't enough

The movie would have had to stop dead in its tracks for Cap to give a big speech that would come off as pretentious and bull-headed given his own blind spot about the Accords.

Sharon was quoting her Aunt Peggy while giving a eulogy. It's not even the full speech, just enough for Steve to find sage advice in his late love's words.

I thought it worked. It cemented his instinctive position, it reminded him what was great about Peggy, and it made him hard as diamond for her niece.

[freedoms internally]

oh lel

>hurr Peter's mom's sister isn't older than his grandparents
>hurr some d-list character that shares the same powers as a dozen more relevant characters doesn't die

Who the fuck cares?

>blind spot about the accords

The accords are pants-on-head retarded.

except MJ was established through several movies and while this blondie had 10 min of screentime

yup totally the same

neck your fedora tipbeard nigger

>established through several movies

Uhh... Not in the MCU she wasn't.

Im talking about them as comic characters. If you still dont understand my point, your post was posing it like you're a passionate comic fan but you dont even know a long time love interest prominently featured in Captain America comics.

Anyone else hates Stan Lee's cameos?

Isn't it rumored that Hulk will be in Thor Ragnarok and not have his own movie?

I liked them at first, like in Spiderman where he was a face in a crowd, but they ask too much of him now. He really can't act.

All but Deadpool's.

I thought it was the other way around. Don't know.

Gotta admit I really like Spiderman in this movie
He was actually making quips while fighting unlike Tobey's or Garfield.

Hope so. Ruffalo's Hulk is boring as fuck.

I wish they wouldn't have pussied out and moved the date tbph. The DKek meltdown would have been even more entertaining

Does anyone but the Avengers know that Tony created Ultron?

Cause if not, fuck that woman trying to guilt trip him in the beginning.

It's not rumored, it's definitely happening

Clearly there a few locked in the basement.

Speaking of which, what's that movie trailer where a guy comes home for work and preparing dinner and at the end he opens his locked basement and lets a little boy out? I need to watch that.

>guilt tripping for something someone actually did

Stop.

How about you eat shit, faggot

Did you read my post? If she doesn't know Tony created Ultron, then she's guilt tripping him for killing her son WHILE SAVING THE ENTIRE PLANET. Like yeah, sorry, he should have done nothing, and then your son would be dead anyway, along with you and everyone else.

Same with the General. Oh no, people died in New York! The Avengers should have just left it to the government, whose plan was to NUKE THE CITY.

And cap is doubly retarded for not just signing the damn thing

I feel like I agree with you, but I think Tony is fucking retarded in CW for just the reason you mention.

I do think we're supposed to assume they know about Ultron. How they'd know is another question.

>this document will allow us to chuck you in prison for the deaths of criminals
>just sign it, retard, lol

I don't have a problem with Tony feeling guilty, because he should. It's just that as far as I remember (I've only seen the movie once) the only person who ever brings up Ultron being Tony's fault is Tony himself.

Because other than Ultron, the Avengers Did Nothing Wrong. Even the explosion at the beginning. Should Wanda have let it go off on the ground and kill twice as many people in that market? Or not been there at all and let a biological weapon that could probably kill thousands or millions of people get stolen?

Meanwhile in just about every single movie (including this one) the government acts incompetently and/or evil.

i can almost hear his laugh

Because they didn't want Cap to sound like a fucking retard in the film. This shit sounds like something a villain say to justify doing horrible shit.

Oh, I agree. My issue with Tony is that it was his fuckup and yet he's perfectly happy the entire Avengers team taking the heat for it.

Same thing about Wanda. But see above, she's imprisoned over it.

Governments are incompetent and filled with evil people. Particularly the UN.

Because Civil War is shit
Also no one liked the comic book series

>comic book neckbeards thinking anyone cares about them
Don't worry, they'll appeal to your tastes one day.

Civil War is the equivalent of DC's Identity Crisis. Nothing but fucked up characterizations in pursuit of a faux-deep storyline.

>Liked that nobody's delivery of that GOAT line while Cap just looked on like a faggot.

Your taste couldn't be any more shit.

She's still allowed to be pissed at the guy that collateral damaged her son, even if he was on a righteous mission.

He ruined the tone of the whole last five minutes with his shitty cameo in Civil War. Fucking egomaniac always has to have his face seen, even if he had nothing to do with the original comic book characters in question.

>I have never read the civil war comics: the post
The mere fact that ypu can argue for both sides in the movie alone proves the movie was far superior to the comic arc.

There are no sides in the movie you fucking autist, Tony literally ignores the Sokovia Accords to go to Siberia and find Cap.

Even the guy who supposedly wants the Sokovia Accords doesn't follow them.

And you obviously didn't read the Civil War arc, like the rest of the plebs in this thread.

The Civil War event was substantially better in the comics than this awful, awful film.

The Civil War event in the comics was apparently too smart for MCU fans.

> turn people into intolerant idiots unable to compromise or see the other side.
That happened in the movie actually. Cap and Tony became stupid brats that didn't care about their team and only wanted to complete their mission.

Kill yourselves. Its literally a few seconds and pays respect the man that made it all possible.

>civil war gets announced
GAWD WHAT A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT STORYLINE
FUCK BENDIS

>civil war movie only loosely adapts comic plot
FUCK MCU
COMIC WAS A MASTERPIECE

Except Tony changed his mind and went to Siberia to join Cap, and they only fought again because
>muh Bucky
and
>muh Revenge

Zero ideological conflict in the last half.

>Except Tony changed his mind and went to Siberia to join Cap.
He changed his mind because supposedly there was a big threat that he missed during the fight, he still would have turned Cap to the autorities anyway.
But yeah, it could have been better if Tony lied to Falcon about going alone.

>he still would have turned Cap to the autorities anyway.
Obviously not. The film ends with Tony getting a love letter and a cell phone from Cap and ignoring the phone call from Ross.

Ideological conflict, non-existent.

Guys?

test

>half
I think you mean 20 minutes out of 150. Siberia was literally less than 15% of the movie.

Same here, maybe I've been tainted by actual good writing because I've always been reading actual books but I pirated those to see what it was about and I was pleasantly surprised by the movie shitting on them.
The writing in those comics is awful, the dialogues too and the only decent part is the art.

The parts with Punisher are really awful, no matter how "cool" he is to the cool kids.

Bucky killed Stank's parents. Edgelord mode activated.

The argument here is that that was a shit analogy for Stank to change sides again?

If I saw my friend was right about protecting their friend of a wrongful conviction. But then it turned out the guy hes protecting killed my parents while brainwashed?

I don't know about you guys, but I would nuke that guy's hometown. Those were my parents. No one kills them and lives.

WS's guilt will never amount to the pain and suffering Stank went through without his parents. Stan bottled that shit up cause he thought "They died. Shit happens" But now he found his murderer. That's like Batman finding who killed his parents.

Logic goes out the window when a traumatic experience of that caliber can be rectified.

spotted the mad af DCuck

Batman does know who killed his parents.

lol wow youre an idiot

two face right? He then killed him. at least in the 1989 movie

Now that I think about it, This is nothing like batman finding out who killed his parents.

But still, the rage would just come out. Stank doing the whole "Dont care. He killed my mother" shit was kind of warranted. The rage did make him retarded though. Like... This isn't your dog that was killed. It was your MOM. The person who brought you into this world, died to some guy who was brainwashed.

At the spur of the moment, Cap and WS needed to be like "Hydra made me! I never wanted to kill people!" But instead of drama, we got action and a bitchy Stank going "THATS MY DAD'S SHIELD"

Bad execution, but hey. Action sells more tickets.

You are exactly the target demographic for Civil War.

>two face right? He then killed him. at least in the 1989 movie
There isn't a single part of this sentence that is correct.