Wrote a review of a moon shaped pool for my university's student newspaper

someone 'corrected' ful stop to 'full stop' and OK Computer to 'Ok Computer'

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0si0fB0lnow
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did they also corrected band members names to Tom York and Johnny Greenwood ?

youtube.com/watch?v=0si0fB0lnow

>wrote review of amnesiac in school newspaper
>someone 'corrected' Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box to 'Packed Like Sardines in a Crushed Tin Box' and Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors to 'Push/Pull Revolving Doors'

But OK Computer is the correct way of writing it anyway.

that's my point

>correcting song titles

Editing isn't that hard jfc

But I mean Ful Stop being 'corrected' makes sense because the title is intentionally misspelt. OK Computer is both the correct name of the album and the grammatically correct way of spelling it anyway.

What the Fuck are you talking about

That happened to Mark Twain once. He wrote the newspaper a letter saying something like
> from now on print according to my manuscript and tell your editor to keep his "corrections" in his mushy head.
Do that

>Linking Park

OK is an acronym is his point, the editor had no basis in either grammar or song title to correct it

>not Okay Computer

I'm op, ah i see what you mean, makes it even worse than changing ful stop

It is not entirely clear that ok derived from an acronym and even if it did, it was most likely a deliberately misspelling anyway. It has long since been regarded as an acronym or initialism which is why okay is a common variant. The editor certainly does have basis in grammar for altering it and more importantly the basis of the publication's style manual.

I did that in junior high and some asshole kept changing my reviews from Korn to Corn

>'g'

Write for an online journal, they're new and trying to establish themselves as a brand.

The editor does a ctrl + f find and replace all instances of "I" with "we".
The thing became a fucking weird read with royal we's and sentences that literally made no sense.

What kjnd of shit newspaper do you write for lad? Doesn't your editor usually do a read with you present so they can check with you on stuff like that?

Lol I wrote one too
I can't really remember if I liked it, because we have to have that published the day after it releases

Isn't it a deviation of 'Lincoln Park'?

it's just a student newspaper at university, proofreading is done pretty quickly

Okay = OK jesus FUCKING christ you DENSE MOTHERFUCKER