Should I do Accounting or become an Electrician?

Should I do Accounting or become an Electrician?

Electrician but take a financial and managerial accounting course so you can start your own business and not cock up your books.

Yeah, this: Accounting can be a good career and there is a shortage of CPAs in the states right now but it's mind-killing dull. Which is why there is a shortage.

Electricians can make a HUGE pile of money because ALL skilled trades are in short supply right now and the ones we have are all getting old as fuck (Average age in 2014: 57. source DoL)

The pros to being an accountant: Indoor office work

The pros to being an Electrician: Not dying at 45 because you spent your life at a desk

Why have tissues on top of the toilet when you have TP there?

Depends on if you want to work with your hands or sit at a desk all day. Accountants who get a CPA and work for a good firm work A LOT. I don't know much about electricians.

Comfy desk job where you use your brain, or unknown, changing working conditions and is somewhat physically demanding.

Seems like an easy choice to me.

Industrial Electrician and Programmer.
Automation programming.

Talk to kimmy's husband. Cool shit. I chat with him last year about staring into electrical work.

Can't speak about being an accountant. I know a couple and they make decent pay.

Being an electrician? It's both easy and the most back breaking shit you'll ever do. You'll get the calls for a bad switch or outlet or somebody will need a breaker switch replaced or a ceiling fan installed. Easy money. But then you'll get a call about somebody wanting a new line ran for say, their fridge. Cut out hole, put work box in, then fish that shit up the wall, cutting more holes to drill through the studs to run it to the breaker. And if that bitch is at the other side of the house, its a royal pain.

And a complete rewire on a remodel? Might as well bring a bucket to put all the cash in but your back is going to pay for it.

Kim Logan Fields

Wife graduated with an accounting degree in may, haven't found a job yet.

She doesn't have a CPA yet. Applied close to 100 things in Texas and most replies is for jobs she didn't need a degree to get.

accounting unfortunately...

from all my friends so far 100% of those who graduated in accounting were the ones with a job in less than 3 months...

can I just message him or her?

If you take accounting, you have to continue education and sit for the CPA right away. It's the only way to get in to a decent firm / BIG 4 and really make money. Otherwise you end up in an AR/AP position for a few years to build experience, as no one will hire you for full cycle without some book keeping.

Electricians never starve and always have enough side work off the books to make money.

If you decide to become self-employed your gear will fit in a service bed or box truck. Many operate out of a half-ton truck with a job box.

You aren't stuck in one place.

You can wire your own home and shop. Most serious electricians are beast /diy/ers

You can barter labor (never parts, don't be out of pocket) for vehicles, tools, equipment, building supplies.

You can build a large local human network.

You'll bust ass though. I suggest taking business courses before going on your own. Trades are full of awesome tradesmen who can't into business.

Electrician

Both.

Accounting if you want to go to the same warm building with lots of ladies and be classed as boring for the rest of yout life or an electrician if you want to travel miles to a cold site in the winter with some retard calling you a cunt because you can't just get power to a socket so he can listen to his radio. Also be out of work if you get injured or any financial crisis

I second that. Getting an electrician's license can be a long process. But once you got it the continuing education isn't that demanding. Most, probably all, contractors completely suck at organizing their financial affairs. The ones that do end up owning multi-million dollar businesses.

> get electrician's license
> get accounting degree (CPA not necessary)
> ???
> PROFIT

Electrician here just remember its not always fun and games ;)

This. I worked for a company who payed me damn good but in the evening, I made just as much on side jobs. Used that side money to buy a wrecked truck for a grand (with the full service bed and had it fixed for about the same) and a shit ton of tools and extra materials like Romex (in different gauges).

Been doing it on my own for almost 15 years now and can't complain.

Ya. Kimmy and husband are chill as fuck and friends to user.

Look her up and chat with them. They are down with Sup Forums. Husband has a g+ with Electrician work pics.

>Industrial Electrician
agree
just house electric work sucks and boring
industrial is whole different world and different thingd all the time

Hahahahaha. Seen that many a times. I'll try to find a pic I have I took back in the 90's (sorry poorfag back then so only had a 35mm film camera). It was a fuse box with 20 or so fuses and behind everyone was a penny. Come to find out, the dickface was tired of buying fuses and decided using a penny was safe. Didn't matter that there was a reason they kept blowing so fuck trying to figure that out. Just toss a penny behind it.

I'm on my 3rd month of being an electrical apprentice at a non-union shop

Its cool, but you have to work really hard and really fast. But its also very interesting and the pay is good. You can expect to spend $300 or so on tools your first month

>perk
>indoor office work
Fuck that's not a perk. That's a one way ticket to Ihatemyboringgoddamnlifeville

I don't know anything about electrical (pipefitter) what the hell does a penny behind the fuse do?

Do you want to get rich and fat or be lean and useful?

Accounting fag here, people are forgetting a major perk of accounting. Accountants can do work from home, electricians cannot. Also fuck going outside in the weather, enjoy that electric cucks, my shitty office makes me happy everyday I don't go out in the winter.

When too much current is being drawn the fuses will blow to stop the cable burning a penny will still make contact eg burnt shit.

>230V masterrace reporting in

>going outside in the weather
kek

accounting fag here too, pic related

>400

Neither, do sales. I'm a pvf sales manager and I really don't do shit. I teach other employees to do my hard shit I don't feel like doing, and get paid 100k to watch YouTube.

share the love?

Exactly, when I was a teenager I worked in fast food and one day we had an electrician come in during January to fix a sign outside that wasn't glowing. Poor fuck was out in 0 degree weather four hours. That's when I realized I could never work an outdoors job.

with that ass I think you should be a grocery store clerk.

Electrician

How is that even a question...

Unless you do finances trading and c++ then you'll earn big $$$ in HFT

True, wish I had more sales skills, us accountants are usually autists with no ability to sell our skillset.

I think you should continue being a prostitute

expect to work more than 40 hours a week salaried as an accountant. at least if you work as an electrician you get paid by billable hour and aren't expected to constantly do free work, blow weekends, etc.

accounting. you may want to kill yourself but hey at least you're actually making money

Accounting is boring as fuck. You would probably kill yourself within the first year.

There was some psychopath at the operations center that would enable high voltage lines while the techs were working on it, on purpose. Everyone knew he killed one guy but was never fired

G+ /104642618208483806164
Fb /logan.fields.3

Become an electrician, dont forget to run a 300mm trunking around the walls of every plantroom you enter to run 3 small cables in, so there is no room for us to put any fucking pipes on the walls..

seems legit

If to much current is being drawn, it'll blow a fuse (or if you have a breaker, trip it) as a security measure. Something is causing it but what, who knows. But if you take a penny, put it behind the fuse, it'll allow the circuit to continue drawing power without blowing the fuse. Leads to an overload and then everything (and everyone) becomes a giant bonfire.

What kind of accounting Jobs could I do?, graduated in May. I have no real experience beyond school projects.

It's been 3 months and still only getting offers to do work that doesn't require a degree, like bank teller or some shit.

loo up the super pencil sharpener vid on his g+. lol looks fun. that's how I want to be trained for electrical work