Do you consider Dutch people racist for using Zwarte Piet?

Do you consider Dutch people racist for using Zwarte Piet?

I just simply don't consider Dutch people at all.

What is a Dutch?

heh, it could be worse

>make a positive stereotype
>get called a racist

truly fires up the neurons

>Wears morroccan clothing
>In blackface
Dutch """""""education"""""""

Looks fine to me.If someone dislikes a tradition they can just fuck off somewhere else where it doesn't exist.Simple.

The zwarte piet is an honorable black man, not some ghetto kankerneger.
There's nothing racist about him.

Duck the Futch

Why is this blackface meme now a thing in Europe? It's not even a derogatory thing like it was in the US back in the day. Fucking SJW faggots

Based magyar

Wat is "dutch"?

>NEGER KYS

>positive

>honorable

>not even a derogatory thing

It doesn't have the same history here. Blackface was just to show that Saint Nicolas' helping hand was a Moor, and his came with him on a ship from Spain. At the time there weren't any Blacks in the Low Countries though, that's why blackface became a thing. It's just to show that he's from the country the legend talks about, like one of the three Kings who's depicted as blackish.

I blame American influence. If the black makeup represents chimney soot, blackface is the right thing to do and it has nothing to do with race. If Zwarte Piet is black because he is a Moor from Spain, it's Spaniards who should complain if we felt offended, which we don't. If anything, we find the tradition interesting.

Americans

They are offended if they see a nipple.

We should build a wall

And who will pay for it?

The Mexicans.

but theyre only black from climbing down chimney (like the negros do to steal shit) so its not racist

Classic American political correctness

except the Pieten are also stupid slaves who need the strong, wise guidance of St. Nicolas.

What is most entertaining to me is not the blackface or any other part of the act istelf, but rather the inability and/or unwillingness of Dutch people to realize how racist it is.

>but m-muh tradition
Is usually the only real answer they can come up with

Literally when was blackface in US a derogatory thing.

Fuck I hate niggers.

Working black people seems quite racist to me.

And black people giving presents? Please. Have you ever been to Africa? Black people don't give presents cut that racist shit out.

>black people are a great contribution to society
>dressing up as a black person is derogatory
???

>except the Pieten are also stupid slaves who need the strong, wise guidance of St. Nicolas.
Dumb shitty meme that came up during the second half of the 19th century and pretty much died in the 1960s.

If you think it's racist it just means that you got brainwashed by nowadays political correct American media.

>but m-muh tradition
>Is usually the only real answer they can come up with

No. I just don't fucking care.
There is no discussion.

The unwillingness to change it comes from the fact that there is nothing racist about it.

>"It doesn't have the same history here. Blackface was just to show that Saint Nicolas' helping hand was a Moor, and his came with him on a ship from Spain. At the time there weren't any Blacks in the Low Countries though, that's why blackface became a thing. It's just to show that he's from the country the legend talks about, like one of the three Kings who's depicted as blackish."

Pretty sure that black paint is because it started out as some devil thing. (See krampus)

The moorish outfit and slave shit were added later by Jan schenkman.

I don't see the problem though. What's wrong with him being black?

They're Moors, you dumbcunt

Not just moors in general but they are spaniards to be precise.

They couldn't find a black guy for this, in Netherlands of all places?

Black man here, from what ive heard, Zwarte Piet isn't racist

It doesn’t make sense to me.

They actually do. And ques what? They paint themselves black.
RACIST

black pete holds a high societal status of being a direct companion of a cardinal and embodied all the positive traits of the whole Saint Nicholas celebration. It wasn't until the reformed church expressed issues with Krampus that he also embodied the consequences for bad behaviour.

there's a reason he's dressed in royal fashion.

dont be racist