Is it worth watching? I've seen a few people declaring it the best show on television at the minute...

Is it worth watching? I've seen a few people declaring it the best show on television at the minute. Would I still like it even though Cold War history isn't a particular area of interest for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tLTGs4fqxBk
youtube.com/watch?v=cnTiZ8eopfc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's pretty good. Not spectacular, but probably worth watching if you're looking for a new show to follow.

Its good

I love it because it's Cold War era, and that's not a topic that's touched on much anymore. But they do have aspects that aren't Cold War related. My one piece of advice to you is power through the first season. I didn't fully appreciate the show until henry Hits the guy in the head with a beer bottle

It is the best show on TV right now. So yes.

I think it's the best thing on TV right now. It's a spy thriller that never gets too bogged down in the politics of the situation but you still feel this general sense of dread and danger throughout the show. It's a very fun show, there are some very cool spy-type sequences but overall it is a character drama more than anything else.

I'd recommend it to anyone really. Shows like this, even if they're not perfect and inferior to other FX shows like Justified, deserve far more viewers and attention than they get. This show is so much better than GoT yet it has a fraction of its viewers.

>henry Hits the guy in the head with a beer bottle

lol random pedo episode

If you like Phil, you will love the series.

It's one of the few shows that I have seen every episode of, it's quality bro

Sopranos, The Wire, Americans are my trinity

it's good

It's literally the best show on tv, but it's not without some growing pains. Seasons 1/2 are good but show the writers trying to figure out exactly what they want the show to be. Seasons 3/4 are god tier television and untouchable compared to other stuff on now.

After the nigger gets killed, it becomes a very loving relationship between the two that you want to see last

Keri Russel is my stone cold waifu

This, one of the best characters in modern television

This is the most accurate response in the thread.

My God season 4 has been great so far. The slow development of every character has paid off handsomely

Took me a few episodes to warm up to him, but he's based as fuck. Truly great actor.

Need some more episodes where he fucks people up though.

It's worth watching. I can be very slow at times though.

Yea, as a huge Mad Men and Sopranos fan I enjoy it a lot. Not in their category, but damned good just the same. Only gets better as well, this season's been terrific.

Phillip is the most underrated character on the show. Everyones all about Kerri Russel this, Kerri Russel that, meanwhile she's out performed every episode by her boyfriend.

What's nice about their relationship is that they are both from a background of suffering, so they appreciate things more, they appreciate each other more

Spoiled Americans with "social media" can just find a new meaningless person to attach themselves to, everything is easy to acquire so life is meaningless, there is no struggle

I think the Americans is better than Mad Men

they're polar opposites, Mad Men is about everything artificial, the Americans is about everything meaningful

It's gratifying garbage.
Lacks critical anything.

He's the most underrated character on TV. Philip never seems fake. In every context, he is believable.

They don't force in 80's music every episode so it gets old, but when they do, it's based as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=tLTGs4fqxBk

>Mad Men is about everything artificial

Only on the surface my man

The time shift mid season 4 is a great ploy to basically finish off Martha's character and move on to new plots/advance Stan getting closer to the truth

Philip is an amazing character. He's so conflicted and he's in an impossible situation to reconcile with the beliefs he's come to take advantage of in the US.

Elizabeth is great too but she's so gung-ho and self-assured she's not as complex as Philip.

Also by the way Frank Langella is a fucking national treasure

I bet I can find your identity based on this

You fucked up

The show does a pretty good job if showing the transition between the 70s and the 80s.I thought Est meetings were a nice touch.

nah, it's pop soap opera bubble gum bullshit pretending to be deep

nothing more

Basically this. How can one man be so based, despite having a hard life?

"Tusk" by Fleetwood Mac...was that the pilot episode?

"Tainted Love" earlier this season, with Philip on the bus...

There's been a few really good ones

youtube.com/watch?v=cnTiZ8eopfc

Are you the hacker Sup Forums?

They did it a lot early on but i like that they stepped it back. Sure he can but he is there to work people and get info not to be a 1 man wrecking crew.

Lucky! Now see if you can get best waifu Nina to like your photos. What did you post?

If she's trying to recruit you, I say go for it.

Fuck yes.

"Under Pressure" a few weeks ago was really good.

Why is Gaad so likeable?

He's just so soft-spoken and chill, listening to his voice is relaxing as shit.

All of the side characters are perfectly casted, like damn, maybe that is their secret, it keeps you interested since every character is basically phenomenal.

RIP

The set design on this show is every bit as good as Mad Men but people appreciate 80s decor less for whatever reason.

He is likable, so is Stan who seems like a non-actor

His death was fucking brutal. Bleeding out like a stuck pig like that, all over a misunderstanding, fuck.

Haha he deleted it, fraidy cat

What did you think I'd do? Send you a instagram like? haha holy shit you guys crack me up sometimes

and hes married to an asian qt

>you will never have a zen chillout session with Gaad drinking green tea and talking about your feelings

Mod deleted it

Also, like notifications only go back like four days, so he was safe. Oh well, what can you do?

Its good, but it is also slow. Big payoff at the end, but you gotta be patient. If you cant into patience, better not watch it.

>misunderstanding
He didn't misunderstand anything. He figured they were KB and they were.

So, to be sure, it was his situation that Arkady was referring to and not Martha, right?

I think so, yeah. It was almost straight after that Arkady mentioned it, and Martha seems to be finished with.

Presumably, Tatiana knew about Martha so I don't think Arkady would have been secretive about her being killed to Tatiana

Beeman seemed pretty fucking pissed

How many times the KGB gonna kill his friends and fuck his shit up senpai?

Is Beeman gonna go rogue?

Stans gonna go HAM on the Russians

>implying
Martha's dad showing up is a clear indication the show isn't done with Martha, she will pop up either in the finale or next season after she has Clarks baby

For a show called The Americans there is way too little clapping and hamburgers

Just started watching this, it's pretty good. Moreso if you're in to the period and history. It's nowhere near Mad Men or Soprano's level, but I'd give it a watch.

I hope Phil kills Stan

they weren't there to kill him though, what good is running off like that?

haha :)

>the show isn't done with Martha
pls no

You talking shit about my waifu?

>Cold War history isn't a particular area of interest for me?

WHY NOT COMMIE?

best show in TV right now, to be honest. probably one of the greatest ever.
not one fillter episode that i can think of. shit's intense.

This.

>he doesn't like Martha
Literally the most prime piece of pussy on the show

>Season 1
>the fuck is this? This chick isn't hot at all!

>Season 4
>tfw you will never have Martha beg you to cum inside

On Season 3 episode 6 right now. Fuck, I just want Martha and that stupid blond 15 year old to die. THERES TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON PHILIP THEY NEED TO DISAPPEAR

>they're shouting russia and kgb and spies in their house

this show deserves more attention than TWD or GOT

martha will come back in the finale
you read it here first

Then it would have an enormously annoying fanbase.

As long as the show doesn't get cancelled and ends on its own terms I'll be fine.
It doesn't need a large following; the one it has already is fairly decent.

The Americans is pure kino.