Anyone else hate it when some irrelevant artist from twenty years ago tries to make a comeback

Anyone else hate it when some irrelevant artist from twenty years ago tries to make a comeback

its cringe af

Other urls found in this thread:

electronicbeats.net/mr-style-icon-gary-numan-on-trent-reznor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

downvoted

Except when it's not.

trents so handsome

Picture unrelated I'm guessing

>start manson thread
>post trent pic

what did he mean by this?

anyone else hate it when some 15 year old thinks 20 years was actually a long time ago

NIN were barely big. Sure they played huge gigs like woodstock 94 and have a few hit songs but no one really cared about them outside certain circles. Back then, they were a divebar band compared to truly important bands like Radiohead. Also Trent made more of a living doing chores for other bands than NIN. He's only doing this to cash in on the nostalgia market for aging mallgoths. Sad!

t. ageist 16 years old shitter who likes trap ironically

>they were a divebar band compared to truly important bands like Radiohead
>Also Trent made more of a living doing chores for other bands than NIN.

you hate it because you're young and the idea of growing old terrifies you

music critics, like everyone else in our culture, are obsessed with youth

>irrelevant

Oscar winner

they played huge stadiums with Bowie wtf are you talking about user?

He's not trying to make a comeback, he just keeps doing what he's done for many years now.
He's solidifying his position as a renown and appreciated artist who is doing is job the right way.

I will always love NIN because The Downward Spiral was really my introduction to extreme music and even though I listened to it countless times in high school I can still enjoy it now. So honestly just for creating that masterpiece album Trent can do whatever the fuck he wants and I would still follow him. He has earned my trust and loyalty for creating a piece of art that spoke to me deeply in my youth.

>playing half a show with literally who 2 whole decades after he was relevant

Whoopee-fuckin'-do. Hey, I'm impressed.

also, how is this a comeback if they just released Hesitation Marks like two years ago?

i only really care for TDS but this grandiose idea of artists 'preserving their musical legacy' is dumb af

More than a fifth of the average life time is p long
20 years ago I was likely still pissing in my bed

he's not trying to make a comeback th
he's doing his shit like always

>thinks artists are only relevant when they are first discovered

Comeback? Trent's released like 9 albums in the past 10 years. 5 of them being released since 2010.

MANSONPOSTERS GET OUT REEEEEEEEE

Explain how making sure your life's work is preserved in its best quality is dumb

I want him to feel me from the inside

Brian please get off the internet

Wanna know how I know you're a teenager?

remix.nin.com is down atm. Does anyone have the track numbers for the Rare and unreleased playlist from nin.com? The ones i downloaded didn't use the track# tag.

go on

>More than a fifth of the average life time is p long
you only think that because you were pissing your bed 20 years ago

Fuck you OP. Everything this guy produces is gold. Except "Everything", which I'm sure was a troll track.

Also, he's so pretty

>cory feldman

The new NIN EP was pretty solid. Please go back to giving a 5/5 to Moon Shaped Pool.

You think NIN was barely big, then mention Woodstock 94 like it was relevant. Were you even alive in the 90's?

P sure he's le ebin trolling judging by the Radiohead bit and closing his post with a trumpism

Trent was produced the Downward Spiral when Radiohead was touring on their shit Pablo Honey album. Trent had more of an impact.

>Sure they played huge gigs like woodstock
They didnt just play, they had the biggest show of the entire festival.

Pepsi's was bigger.

>tries to make a comeback
is this that thing when manlets like trent put on high heeled boots to try and seem taller?

3 years ago*

>projecting

>cringe
cringe

this
people need to realize that anybody that cringes is doing so out of their own insecurities

cringe

your insicurities are showing!!

OP is a faggot.

sup sage

>the single biggest reason 90% of people know that Industrial is even a thing
>divebar band
ok

should i listen to Antichrist Superstar?
i love everything trent has done but i despise marilyn "talentless hack" manson and his disgusting voice deeply...
is trents influence on the album great enough to give it a listen?

how the fuck is pic related so great?
recently listened to it the first time and was blown away, it's like i discovered an additional unreleased coil album... makes me wish sleazy and geff were still alive... ;_;

>Sad!
kek Donald go to bed

>is trents influence on the album great enough to give it a listen?
Yes.
There are songs with certain keyboard lines, samples, and production effects that just scream "Trent".
Some of his best work as a producer.

One of my favorite albums of the 90's. Although it is Manson album, Reznor's presence looms large over the final product. Lot's of crunchy industrial and metal sounds very typical of 90's era NIN to be heard, overall a fantastic album.

ok you guys convinced me. DLing now.
gonna tell you my thoughts later...

Try to give a spin to Prick, also by nothing records.

>3
>INCH
>NAILS

Yeah. Mechanical Animals is also bretty gud.

The words(?) "cringe" and "af" have become cringe af

Aside from producing and synth/drum programming the entire album Trent played the guitar on "Little Horn", "Mister Superstar", "Deformography" and Piano on "Cryptorchid" and "Man That You Fear".

Daily reminder that Nine Inch Nail's Woodstock 94 show inspired Gary Numan and brought him out of his creative slump

electronicbeats.net/mr-style-icon-gary-numan-on-trent-reznor/

Still at it, Brent?

hesitation marks was fuckin weak. Id love for them to have a proper comeback (the new ep wasnt it). NIN hasnt tried since year zero and had an album that was good all the way through since the fragile imo

Get off the vent or I'll have you bent.

Pale Emperor was one of the best rock albums of 2015. I know Brian has a horrible live show at this point and his last 5 albums have been all over the place, but Pale Emperor was a true return to form and a great album.