Why do you believe in God despite there being a complete and utter lack of evidence for it?

Why do you believe in God despite there being a complete and utter lack of evidence for it?

Other urls found in this thread:

alexanderpruss.com/papers/LCA.html
youtube.com/watch?v=TjxZ6MrBl9E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

platypus

Faith.

Now kill yourself.

|    ______    ______    _____   |
|    |  Yes   |   | Maybe |     |   No  | |
|     ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄     ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄     ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄  |
______________________________ __ _ Yep

Faith means just what I said. There's literally nothing more to it than blind belief.

You throw that word around like it actually holds some value to it.

Because girls are sexy

>2016
>Religion baiting

Kill yourself.

Theist feel something that they believe is god.

I'm agnostic, so can't tell you exactly what it is they feel, but it's just as valid to them as your need for evidence is to you.

There is no middle ground. Live and let live, or spend forever in fruitless arguments where neither side will give any ground.

Because theres evidence for it.

nah

That's not an answer. Faith literally means "belief without evidence." So you basically just stated "I believe in God despite there being a complete and utter lack of evidence for it because I believe in God despite there being a complete and utter lack of evidence for it."

At least search yourself for an honest answer - you believe because it makes you feel good inside. It serves a psychological need that you have. That's it.

why do you keep trying to be an edgelord even though no one gives a shit

I was once a believer in God. I never felt anything that I believed to be God.

I merely believed in him due to being brought up in a Christian family.

When I grew a bit older I started to actually look at things with an open mind though.

God or not, we all die. Just live.

>Be me OP
>feeling edgy
>strap on my tard-safe fedora and boot up my scat and cum covered macbook
>get on Sup Forums
>make retarded thread denying the omnipresent diety responsible for creation
>much euphoria is had
>FF to deathbed
>die accepting no afterlife
>think oblivion awaits
>see light
>soul ascends to heaven
>greeted by creator
user, IS IT TRUE YOU DENIED ME ON EARTH
yes, lord, but how was I to know?
YE OF NO FAITH MAY NOT ENTER PARADISE
>spend eternity in hell, where no one is allowed to ever tickle
>rue tickle-less existence for all of eternity
>feelsbadman

Repent and thou may be tickled OP. It's not too late.

More evidence for His existence then Big Bang theory or evolution, do your own reaserch before you open your mouth newfag

with God people die quicker is all.
(Israel bombings etc).

I just want people to be able to live out their whole lives without them being cut short. I'm just here to help.

Ass ravaged fedora fag detected

you are talking about the highest power, how do you want to measure it to get your evidence?

which evidence you want? his toe? a piece of his beard? if you think god is a superhuge guy in a white robe floating in space, you are the stupid one here. Is the best case god is a "spirit" and as far as i know there is no tools for that field.

Hold up, i got you covered. Let me post proof. Just know that you cant be retarded and understand it at the same time. Its pretty heavy.

alexanderpruss.com/papers/LCA.html

Boom have fun.

By disproving evolution.

only because there is no solid evidence, only hints to it that lie within understanding things that were far beyond our thoughts once and are now being science fiction. This is the perfect environment in which free will can be tested without risking exposure of an entity whose very presence mandates obedience.

or without proof there is a realm in which salvation may come by faith if that faith is great enough to lead to blind moral obedience to one code of ethic:

Love God with everything he gave you, and out of that love for him, serve others and love them.

It is a test of faith.

hi gay bois

Yeah but everything is a test of faith to you guys.

ive got faith in that pussy finding my mouth in the next year. doesnt mean shit.

>newfag

get the fuck out of here

So you're not a theist. There's probably atheists raised to be non believers who later become believers.

Theism/atheism isn't a lifetime occupation - just what you feel/believe any given moment.

There are people who hold true to their faith in even the darkest of times. It gives them strength. In a way, I envy that although I don't share it. I'd never look to take that away from them just because I don't believe in anything.

Similarly, there are atheists who strive to find the truth of things in the face of inexplainable phenomena, and I admire the dedication and thinking they put into it.

Ultimately only you can decide where you stand, and no one else.

Is anyone ever going to reply to this ever? I post it quite a bit and no one ever responds. Its solid fucking data.

>Ultimately only you can decide where you stand, and no one else.

yes but you can still mock others for being stupid

It seems to be a lack of critical thinking that causes people to believe in God.

i.e. Women don't embrace logical thinking as much as men do and statistically more women are religious than men.

Another example: Universitities are places of critical thinking. Univerisities also happen to be places where a very small percentage of people are religious.

No one will ever reply to this as its too long to read, and we all have the attention spans of doges...

Plus - it's written in a very sanctimonious way. I got a paragraph in and think the author is a cunt. I'm not reading the rest.

True. You can mock others for being too stupid to see there's no evidence of a divine being, or mock them for being too stupid to understand some things need to be taken on faith.

Either way, you're simply being a cult-fag.

>too stupid to understand some things need to be taken on faith.

ahahahaha believers are just a bunch of cowards

Come on, now - you don't really believe all statistics are pure do you?

What are the sources on those nuggets? Without looking into it myself, I'd be surprised if the uni one wasn't found by sometime with atheistic leanings. "Look guys, smart people don't believe, ipso facto believers are by default stupider".

ALWAYS consider the source. It's lazy to assume the people who oppose your view do so because they're not clever enough to understand.

It's yours to disprove. What is your evidence?

From their point of view.

To remind you, I have no stake in either side of the argument. I don't believe in god, nor do I deny the possibility of its existence.

Universities haven't been places of critical thinking in 40 years. You either conform or you're out.

Absence of proof does not mean proof of absence.

That said, I choose to believe because it is comforting to the part of me that worries of the possibility of a hell. Also, it helps me stay on track with moral duty.

Yeah agnosticism is a cop out. You realize there is no God but don't want to be associated with atheism and it's stigmas. You're not only a godless heathen but a coward.

basically I formed my whole decision to become an athesist on this 30 second video of dawkins.

Writing styles shouldnt keep you away from information, user. Thats lazy. Besides, i cant even sense what youre talking about. How is any of that sanctimonious? Just because people have trouble understanding it doesnt mean its wrong.

I don't...

>Disprove my theory

(Not guy you replied to)
You're a closed minded, brother.
Open your mind and you may find the light. God will call upon you someday.

Not at all - it's as valid a stance as either side.

I don't believe in a god (never felt his presence, never witnessed a miracle), but I've yet to hear proof as to why he doesn't exist (other than "you can't prove there's one so there isn't one").

I have no strong feelings either way so don't see why I have to take sides in a fight I don't care about.

no, i was closed minded when I was a christian.

This is my post

FAGGOTS. THERES NO NEED FOR THIS FUCKING THREAD.

READ THIS SHIT

It's not a 'writing style'. It shows that he's biased and has an ulterior motive.

Point it out and ill agree with you.

Either way, if hes right, hes right, and we can all move the fuck on. This fucking topic is everywhere irl and on the internet.

read the book of psalms

He wants to feel morally superior to others and this affects his ability to objectively asses the evidence

I can't tell if bate or the newest form of newfag

All atheists acknowledge that there is the possibility of a divine being and simply determine that it's existence is incredibly unlikely. You have done the same otherwise you would be bowing and scraping in a church/mosque/temple too.

Because I cannot accept scientifically proven facts. I can believe in an all powerful being that rules over our lives yet never interferes to help or give advice. Yet I cannot in all good consciousness believe our world is round or that we are not the focus of the universe. Also dinosaurs are just a lie started by satans "scientists" to confuse the good Christian man and woman.

Point out WHY youre making these assertions. Just because you feel someone is one doesnt mean they are. Quote him and use logic.

lol go fuck yourself

If you dont want to think during your lifetime, just kys. Or at least go into hard labor so youll be worth a damn. People who dont think are a huge problem everywhere.

Theres no point even being in these threads without thinking unless youre just here to shitpost, which is actually the probable situation.

It's published in a Theist publication, and deliberately taking a scientific approach. In the second paragraph he starts coining terms for new arguments (quite a bold step, as my understanding is you put forward arguments and [once peer reviewed and agreed upon] they're named after the original author), and it slowly goes downhill from there.

I used to write essays in the same way. I'd think up an idea, and then find the references that back it up - but I make sure that the ideas fall along the lines of the lecturers (or in this case he publishers). It's disingenuous and I have no time for it. Laziness doesn't even come into it, as I can use the time saved reading something I will enjoy/that will enrich me

I have Faith that Penguins are the mighty
rulers of Earth and actually they fit inside
people skins and run the major banks.

nobody knows shit

quantum physics.

> Evidence

> Supernatural

Choose one

I believe in God because there's no way Jesus could be real if God wasn't real.

Why do you believe there's no God despite there being a complete and utter lack of evidence disproving Him?

No. The term literally refers to someone who believes there is no god (note: I'm not taking the piss using the term believe in that).

If you think there's a possibility but don't believe in a certainty you're agnostic. I know ta not as fashionable as atheism, but it is what it is.

If you tell people to kill themselves so often you need to use an acronym to save time, maybe you should reconsider who should really be killing themselves.

Also I didn't even click the link, let alone read any of it. :^)

Penguin Faith

You just got Owned because i Can see
Penguins when do you see god
When you die
When you about to die
When you Almost die
When you died and get brought back

im speaking for the guy that said he read some of it

I'm going to change my name to
Jack Shit

Because you don't know me

I notice that chinese and black girls always strip the girl they're beating -- i fucking love it. More women should fight that way

They have to check for Penis
They don't have faith that if it looks like a women it is

putting this out there

THAILAND

I really hope the whole world gets to see Seyfried's nice pussy and thighs. Keep this thread going!

That is dumb as shit. Obviously there is a possibility that there is a divinity if there is no way to prove there is NOT a divinity. We also can't disprove that our universe doesn't exist inside the belly of a giant space turtle. You're just trying to relabel atheism as something it's not so you can separate yourself from it. Face you little assfaggot.

Pascal's wager?

Keep reading. Does that new argument (im assuming youre talking about the glendower problem) actually work logically? The best part about logic, which is what hes using to argue for his position, is that it works, and you dont need peer reviews except to make sure you didnt create an accidental flaw (which happens quite a bit).

PSR is real. The regress problem is real (by real i mean already discussed thoroughly. I know thats not what real means im just being lazy because im hopping through a bunch of tabs). the only one ive found in the text that hasnt been posited before is the glendower problem, which we could discuss in this thread. The gap problem seems questionable too though, but if the logic checks out, it checks out.

Im well aware that you didnt do shit user. Not hard to figure out who the stupid people are. also, stupid people are why i use an acronym. You cunts are everywhere.

No where in Recorded history has anyone seen good, Maybe once or twice believe they've spoken to god but never seen this is explained as a seizure of a type

Tell that to the other 99.999999% of atheists, then - as they clearly didn't get the memo.

Because it seems everytime I stray from the teaching of the Bible, my life goes to shit.
> I recently stopped masturbation, feel a lot more energized and more intelligent
> I stopped being a pussy around women and now I never get cheated on and actually want to be with me
I can go on for days about how much the teaching of God have done for me. I'd be a fool to believe that all these wonderful things that came to be were all by coincidence.

I think you're confusing stupidity for disregarding the arguments of some guy who thinks he's ended the debate about God's existence with one article IF ONLY SOMEONE WOULD READ IT

Get fucked

No, I'm not going to keep reading.

If he'd written an abstract at the start to say what was involved I might have. I'm not wading through all that text just incase there's something good in it.

You only wanted women more because you weren't satisfying a sexual urge. Causation does not equal correlation.

The bible can be helpful in your daily life. Doesn't mean it was inspired by God though. Just some smart Jews who knew a thing or two about life.

>bringing shitty youtube pastas

summertime is here

*yawn* how boring

Disregarding information for unreasonable purposes is pretty much stupidity. Granted, its not EXACTLY stupidity, but its a symptom of stupidity. No one will read it simply because "They know". At leasrt the other user gave it a shot. Still didnt read through it cause he feels its not worth his time. granted, all he really did is attack the ethos of the author, but at least there was a rational thought process as to why.

Hes stupid. Get fucked. At least the article is bringing the debate to another area of thought as opposed to the constantly illogical assertions of both fedoras and spiritfags.

>alexanderpruss.com/papers/LCA.html
Why do you think this is a good paper? Do you think a random person's website is a good source to find reputable papers?

Starting to think you're Alexander Pruss, and just trying to drum up clicks.

>for unreasonable purposes
Yeah you made a ridiculously, mind-numbingly stupid claim when you posted it so I had plenty of reason to disregard your information.

>At least the article is bringing the debate
but nobody is reading it you fucking mongoloid

whoops misclicked the full greentext

>At least the article is bringing the debate to another area of thought

word salad

no one is reading it because of their stupidity, which is why im calling them stupid. Its not my fault its not part of the debate. If you werent retarded and paid attention, youd understand that most of my posts are either calling out stupidity or telling people to read the fucking text. Ignoring information out of anything less than reasoning is in fact stupid, whether you like it or not.

And the claim i made when i posted it was to attract attention to it so theyd go read the article. Its basically a different kind of clickbait.

lol ur a fagit and you're trying too hard

also disinterest is still not stupidity although it seems to make you feel better so go for it champ

No one is going to dissect that humongous pile of garbage point for point but I can tell you that it is by far and large clevery sophistry. Wordy words that are hard to digest but don't give any evidence except fancy wordgames which at best show that there's a logic gap in language, not a well-substantiated argument in favor of a deity. If you want specifics, point out something in the paper that you think is a solid argument and I'll try to counter it.

>all this lack of conversational substance.

Its bed time. You tried.

Also lol at disinterest. Hes in a fucking cyclical b8/deb8 thread. As i pointed out earlier, hes either a shitposter or stupid (indicating that its bias and not disinterest like the other user), and if hes a shitposter, hes posting stupid ass comments, as a shitposter should.

Also, serious try hard comments generally get the most (you)'s. Thats what im here for.

>fancy wordgames
that's literally all that article is

If you have an argument of worth you're actually able to deliver it quickly and succinctly as dawkins does here in under 1 minute: