He fell for the traditional characters meme

>he fell for the traditional characters meme
Good luck trying to read this shit from far away or on a blurry picture

i cant write either 鬱 or 欝 and wont memorise it

there will be no problem if you can read it and type it.

>simplified Chinese
disgusting

>ctrl+
Problem solved you lazy pidor

TAIWAN
NUMBER
ONE

simplified is just making cursive writing official though?

no its like making everyone a cripple just because someone is a cripple

and its like saying cutting off a leg makes you run faster because theres less weight

I think in future Japan and Taiwan have to simplify characters to submit to master China

They are ugly AF but it works I guess

japans kanji is not chinese characters
'simplified' chinese does not use chinese characters
they are cripples
and btw where do we have higher literacy rate, china or taiwan

I learned that word in 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱
so it's unforgettable for me

kanji means literally "chinese characters" though

If you like traditional that much, why do you not write in 甲骨文? Chinese characters have been becoming simplified since ever.

theres no heart in mainlanders love :3

>Taiwanese speak Chinese
>are literally Chinese just off the coast of China
>HK chinks live on mainland China, are a part of China and speak a Chinese dialect like many provinces do
>get buttmad AF when you call them Chinese

Explain this logic

You don't have to take this crap.

Cantonese is as different to Mandarin as German is to English.

I thought it was 頻繁. What does it mean?

'빈축'을 사다

That's a gross exaggeration

nice banter though
"Taiwanese don't use simplified chinese"is just a meme
you can see it whether in school or at work
only official document banned the use of it

>Yue dialects are not mutually intelligible with other varieties of Chinese.[4] They are among the most conservative varieties with regard to the final consonants and tonal categories of Middle Chinese, but have lost several distinctions in the initial and medial consonants that other Chinese varieties have retained.

Yue = the group of languages known as Cantonese (among them the standard prestige Cantonese)

so?

isnt it 顰蹙?

first kanji is a bit different

you can't just understand Mandarin if you know Cantonese, you need to learn it, even though the languages are related

similar with German and English

>Taipei Station
>sign in simplified
>go down to B1
>signs in traditional
>take corner into the mall
>signs in simplified
>get on the bus
>traditional character stickers put over the simplified characters on the station map

make your fucking mind up

No it isn't. What do you know? You speak neither.

most kanji are already simplified . It's just that the simplification look somewhat like the original like 龍ー>竜

>exaggeration
i disagree
although Cantonese is consider as a sub faction for Chinese
i can understand less than 10% Cantonese sentence with my Mandarin knowledge
i really feel like it is a unique language with burrowed Chinese character

異體字

but there's a friend

how the fuck would cantonese speaker be able to read mandarin if it was a foreign language?

because written mandarin makes sense to a cantonese but not vice versa

Chinese is equivalent to the term "Romance/Germanic languages".

French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese are romance languages.
Frisian, English, German, and Dutch are Germanic languages.

Cantonese, Mandarin, Hokkien, Teochew, Wu are Chinese (sinitic) languages.

their languages aren't like European languages

they are basically one syllable words with very strict sentence position, if you just assign arbitrary signs to universal concepts you can convey the same message to anyone who knows the signs regardless of how he'd pronounce them

Cantonese speakers learn Mandarin in school. Simple. Otherwise they would not be able to.
Mandarin speakers do not learn Cantonese.

Disgusting. Get back to Seal Script ASAP.

No. Think of mandarin as deep south accent and cantonese as scousers.

t.chink

No it's not like that. Standard Chinese = Written Mandarin.

They made it obligatory for all Chinese writers to write in written Mandarin in the Qing dynasty because that's what the Manchu rulers spoke. PRC kept that policy. Since then it's been like that. Written Mandarin dominates the Chinese world.

你講廣東話?
If not, shut up. Just because you have Chink bloods does not mean you can comment on the languages.
>Muh heritage
Always cringeworthy

How does that change what Indonesia said?

asians should switch to the superior format already
it's been fun, but I mean c'mon?? a joke shouldn't take this long

kek, this

lmao cantogook goes buttblasted

you're just another chink my friend

the thing is we shouldnt force others to use a crippled language just because some commie retards think a butchered written language can increase literacy rate
i am all for the locusts in the north to keep using their stupid excuse of a language

It really does make you look dumb and cheap when you vent your asspained rage after having gotten BTFO somewhere else.

I repeat. You speak neither. You know nothing. Go away.

Then what would you think compares to posh British?

Mate, I was born in Guangdong. Most words just have slightly different pronunciation, some word even sound exactly the same. Wang is wong, da is dai, xiao is xew and zhong is zhong. If you knew one very well you probably know the other.

you're a mainland chink in denial bud, a true cuck.
>w-we wuz brits
>c-cantopride

Welsh

Juan is Jean is John is João
Does this make French and Spanish and English and Portuguese the same language?

Wang is wang in Korean. Does this make Korean mandarin?

The most basic words, what marks the true difference, are different. Eat, see, read, no, yes, please, movies

Parler = Hablar = Parlar = Falar
French = Spanish = Catalasn = Portuguese? Nah.

Wut
Welsh is not a Chinese dialect as far as I know

That would probably sound like a cantonese native speaking mandarin. It's very light on the vowels and sounds thinner in general.

The difference is cantonese and mandarin both literally uses the same characters, grammar and everything.

No they do not use the same grammar. You speak neither like the german. typical muh heritage pathetic kid. I doubt you can even read Chinese characters. One of those pathetic 2nd generation overseas Chinese kids who only know Chinese by phonetic sounds.

Also all European languages use the same letters, the Roman alphabet. But that does not mean they are dialects of Italian.

In linguistics we disregard scripts because really they are irrelevant. they are just mediums. Written in Cyrillic or Latin, Serbian is Serbian.
Cantonese is as close to Chinese as Vietnamese, if anything.

>Cantonese is as close to Chinese as Vietnamese, if anything.
Cantonese is as close to Mandarin as Vietnamese, if anything.*

what got in your pants my Chinese friend you seem kinda irritated

I meant the rough equal, not the closest approximation in sound.

I heard Beijing Mandarin sounds the most refined to native Chinese, but I don't know if it's true.
Not really because of stuff like 一塊兒 instead of 一起, but because they can actually make shi, zhi, and chi sounds instead of turning them into si, zi, and ci.

>I heard Beijing Mandarin sounds the most refined to native Chinese, but I don't know if it's true.
That's because Mandarin has the official status. So regional Chinese languages must seem rustic.

On the other hand, Cantonese had the economic and cultural powerhouse that is Hong Kong, also Guangdong is also one of the richest provinces of China and they still speak Cantonese. So Cantonese speakers think highly of Cantonese and look down on Mandarin because Cantonese does have better movies, music, etc.

I don't think you understand. You can speak out a sentence written in Chinese and it'll make perfect sense in both mandarin and cantonese. While European languages uses the same letters, they aren't the same language.

Most good films I watched were in Mandarin though, and most of the economy is still in hands of Mandarin speakers. Plus Mandarin sounds better than Cantonese.
You can't really expect any foreigner to be motivated enough to learn Cantonese tbqh.

>So Cantonese speakers think highly of Cantonese and look down on Mandarin because Cantonese does have better movies, music, etc.
>little dick syndrome

Wrong

It's clearly related.

>Cantonese is as close to Chinese as Vietnamese, if anything.
[Citation needed]

he's the cantogook

mandarin is butchered chinese
its mixed with the manchu language
i agree cantonese sounds bad
but actually its better to learn ancient text in cantonese because most of the rhymes work better in cantonese

Yue is not Cantonese you dumbfuck.

Modern Cantonese to Modern Mandarin is like Italian to Spanish. Not so close as to be Portuguese to Spanish, but definitely within the same family.

Modern English is barely in the Germanic family anymore. Far too much French/non-German influence.

So are English and German.

but english is related to german too my friend

Half your children don't even know Cantonese or Traditional characters.

Talk about superiority and not being a handicap.

You're logic is that because the Germanic languages were latinized for simplicity in the 600's-1000's, they somehow now are handicapped.

What language do you use in Taiwan?
Cantonese?

Is Japanese the most aesthetic chink language?

English is literally several languages on top of each other in a trench coat. Nobody gives a shit about authencity and "roots".

>Most good films I watched were in Mandarin
Name them to prove you're not trolling. Do not Google. God is watching you.

They speak Mandarin and sometimes Hokkien.
Taiwanese sounds cute, but like the other southern accents they can't pronounce the sh, ch, and zh sounds.
Yes

How about you name "good" Canto movies first.

>m-muh Sing Lung

>european languages
simple, logical, elegant
>asian languages
shit smeared over a piece of paper

Hard boiled
A Better Tomorrow
The Killer

Not necessarily important. Read my post.

Two languages can be 1% related or 50% or 60% or 99.99%.
English is more like 60% to modern German. Modern Cantonese to Modern Mandarin is much closer to 70%.

>John "literal who" Woo

大紅燈籠高高掛
活着
十面埋伏
英雄
霸王別姬
陽光燦爛的日子

Many more tbqh

T.Ahmed

>十面埋伏

Google lexical similarities between the languages. It's around 30% for both Cantonese and Vietnamese.
Lexical similarity between English and French is 60%. German and French 30%.

>% of lexical similarities
>determining how closely related languages are

It took you five minutes. You googled them.
He's just butthurt that someone pointed out he knows jack shit about these topics. He does not belong to this thread than anyone else. Yet he lingers on. Pathetic sight. Insignificant worms like that have "pride" that can be hurt, strange huh. It needs to realize that it is just one in 7.5 billion.

>greentext
>argument

damage control

>It took you five minutes. You googled them.
Mayyyybe he's just not constantly F5ing this thread like our special snowflake cantogook here?
What's your deal anyway?
What exactly are you trying to defend?

What do you think I googled then, "good Mandarin movies"?
>1 min clicking between different tabs and seeing someone replied to me
>3 min trying to remember the good films I saw
>1 min typing post and filling in the captcha

You are a faggot.

You're argument about lexical similarities is bullshit.
Comparison of languages is not just done with lexical similarities. That's completely wrong and you implying it is idiotic.

Kill yourself.

English and German being related is meaningless to this argument. The question is the percentage of similarity.

>good movies are also famous movies

what a fucking surprise, my chinese friend.

>criticizing without substantiating
>insults
>argument
You are a disgrace to your country's intellectuals. Please don't pretend to be one.

Me considering you retarded does not make your argument correct. You still have posted zero (0) sources backing your claim.

Accepting truth is hard, I know, man.

>Korea smart enough to realize how fucking stupid a character based writing system is
>create the most logical and simple writing system in the world
NIPS BTFO

This tbqh I don't even get the same results by the way when I google that on google.nl or google.com, interestingly enough.

What is your point even? How do you think I choose the films that I watch, just randomly pick them from a list of every Chinese film ever?
Do you really not believe that I've seen those films? I really don't get where you're going.

I can't be arsed to find and point them to a no-one on the internet. I gave you keywords. Google it tofuhead. You're probably a nationalistic mainlander. Disgusting.