Tame impala

the beatles

kid cudi

Jank

>something only idiots and high schoolers think is good
>trash genre that will die as quickly as it became popular
maybe you're onto something senpai

yeah,fuck dubstep

You'd think people would know this by now.

pewdiepie

Nirvana

What's the generation Z?
Us in our 20s? or 15 year olds?

15 year olds

At their oldest they just started college

I like to use whether or not someone remembers 9/11 as a qualifier. If they do, they're a millennial, if they don't, they're gen z

YUNG PORT TALBOT (get on it now you trend setting fuck b4 he's on daytime telly watch out 2k17)

honest answer: Death Grips.

I don't like them very much but they're the only highly popular band that does super edgy, tortured music without it being too embarrassing or cringey. If Burnett commits suicide, you bet your ass Death Grips would be remembered as "the guys who changed hip hop forever" and we'd see a wave of imitators posing as a new "genre," which would die in popularity years later.

Arcade Fire.

Stopped reading at "highly popular"

Death Grips isn't nearly as popular as Nirvana was.
Radio listeners don't know who the fuck they are and almost no hip-hop fan know them either.
At best, Death Grips could have a Joy Division or Misfits kind of hype in the future. Cult classic but not really famous

get off Sup Forums

Will Toledo

lewis and his band

Weren't Death Grips liked by David Bowie, Bjork, and Iggy Pop and others?

Lou Reed loved Yeezus

Me and my bud

Good luck loosers cause I am going to the next Kurt Cobain

Bowies last album was him trying to stay current by copying Death Grips

Kanye has already proved himself to be this generation's Nirvana, except he's actually good.

Pewdiepie

/thread

this

meme band with no original sound who are already on their 4th album

not unless the guy kills himself, but even then, he's super generic looking brown haired sameface white dude

Angel Olsen/Courtney Barnett would be a better pick

xD EPIC

nirvana

Most music listeners don't know who Iggy Pop or Bjork is. Also just because a popular artist likes another artist doesn't make them popular.

yeezy yeezy

>Iggy Pop
>Björk
>obscure in any way, shape, or form

me

pewdiepie

You're too late.

>For a long time I had this theory: the impossibility of a female Kurt Cobain. What he represents, leaning against the system and yet supported by consumers, there was no woman in the world that could command the masses so utterly. The music industry wouldn't let her. This thing I've been stewing about since I saw Grimes play to 20 people in 2011, and started reading her Tumblr, and then really starting feeling when "Oblivion" came out, is that Claire is the closest thing we have to a female Kurt Cobain, smart enough to understand the system but righteous enough to wall-jump away from it. But also, interestingly, what an inversion her approach is to Kurt's. His pose was anti-establishment, her pose is post-structural. He was rigorous, she is always looking outward, game for genre-experimentation and hilarity. I feel like even if I don't like her music, and I do so far, I will always feel like she's several steps ahead of me, several books ahead of me, and that makes me feel really fucking good. Anyone who gives her grief about anything can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.
undertheradarmag.com/interviews/2014_artist_survey_owen_pallett/

Honestly, I believe Ty Segall will be looked back on as a prolific songwriter and his music will gain appreciation as it gains tenure. He kinda rejuvenated the garage rock scene and is a huge part of the DIY/indie movement I will feel be associated with the late 00's, early 2010's

Willow Smith youtube.com/watch?v=WX8FnmqRzzs