Anyone have any experience with people getting cancer? My mum just got diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer

Anyone have any experience with people getting cancer? My mum just got diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer.

I know it is easily operable but it's still a shock, plus i live on the other side of the world to her so i feel so far away.

Other urls found in this thread:

xkcd.com/931/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

Little brother has leukemia
What questions do you have?

Is it something that is expected to come back every so many years?

No it doesn't really go away, he says he will eventually be down to just taking a pill every night.

Hope your mom does well Sup Forumsro

Tell her that there are worse cancers in the world.
Sjws, cucks and No man sky players

Same to your brother man. This has been a real eye opener.
How old is your brother just out of curiosity?

After you get cancer, and it's operated on, it's remission - Any day in her life from this point on, symptoms can come back (OR, worse, not get symptoms until it's too late) and she can get cancer again.

Regular checks from now on and she's fine.

Patrick Rothfuss has been playing No Man's Sky so fuck you.

Given, on the second day, he started complaining about how bad the game was. (He was on the first plant the whole time enjoying exploring it, and almost all planets are the same so now he's sick of it).

my mom got cancer in 2003, i forgot what stage, they removed the whole breast. In winter 2006 it came back in her liver, brain, etc. Did brain surgery to remove some.

She died March 2007.

Good wishes to you and your mom.

So from this day on she has got cancer and it is always going to be something lingering over her now?

My mum is in her 60s now so I worry even this stage 1 will really take it out of her.

15 and a half

Yep. Forever.
She won't "have" cancer is terms of symptoms and detecting it and all that after the surgery, but you'll never know if a cell was missed or if any pieces broke off and went elsewhere and all that. So you need checks for cancer even more. (You should be getting them either way).

That's terrible, I am genuinely sad to hear that.

Young guy.

Yeah, that sucks.

See: for an example of what remission means and how it can come back. XKCD even did a comic on it - It's how I found out about this before reading up more on it.

xkcd.com/931/

Yeah but he is taking it real well and has a great attitude which makes a huge difference

>be me
> awful persistent cough
>ok so i have a cold, big deal
> blood sometimes
> worse cold?
>refuse to go to the doctor because no money
>coughing up a lot of blood
>People at work force me to go to doctor due to fatigue and shit
> try to say im fine, being the tough guy n all
> stage 2 lung cancer
> 33% survival rate
>refuse treatment
> Would rather die on my feet a man than like an emaciated dog in a cage
> Gf is pissed that i gave up so easy
>leaves

Currently waiting to die... alone.

do you mind if i ask more questions about yours and his situation?

yeah sure go ahead

get treatment man, stage 2 if I am right means it has only just started spreading.

At what age did he get diagnosed and what were the symptoms?

If i know anything about people with lung cancer is that their partner is biggest cancer they will ever face...

Fuck that. I've already made my decision.

god speed