If you could erase a band from history which would you pick

Swans
>overrated

the country band that gangbanged your mom who spawned you.

The Beatles

neither of these to be honest.

> Erases The Beatles
> Breaks the whole history of music after the 60's.
Damn.

About the question, none.

>implying the Beatles were influential
do you even listen to music user?

> Implying The Beatles weren't influential
Do you even listen to any music user?

The Strokes

Is This It created a shitty and unnecessary garage rock revival that probably set music back a bit

KISS

the lost prophets

Cannibal Corpse.

One of the biggest punching bags in metal. I don't even like the genre and I know it deserves better than that.

Weezer

Considering the Everly Brothers existed prior, nothing actually would be lost in terms of musical influence, just popularization.

diego serra

The only band that has ever set music back is the Eagles.

The band of marriage that held your parents together and that subsequently resulted in you existing

>Implying they didn't get married because of OP existing

>erase Mozarella
>music never get's invented

Your favorite band.

Fuck Radiohead

The Velvet Underground just to see what would happen

I think Nirvana

Not because I hate them or anything, quite the opposite. But I've kind of exhausted their discog now so it wouldn't be a great personal loss, and I am really curious how the past 25 years of rock music would be different without their massive influence

the only important way the beatles were influential is in money making. they destroyed the music industry by making too much profit and greedy business men getting involved because of that money. this counts for 60's pop music in general.

i would destroy the beatles solely because it would be funny to me to see how the music industry would've turned out without them.

this desu

without Warhol nobody would care about them, they would be just as forgotten as The Monks or The Sonics

just no punk revival which would destroy the 90's as we know it. wouldn't be much of a difference right now i think.

Fugazi

Merzbow

What a talentless hack

:(( I'm ducking triggered

Oasis or Nirvana

I think it goes deeper than that. Nevermind pretty much single handedly made massive amounts of distortion okay. it's not just punk and post-grunge, all the indie classics from like the 90s to the mid 00s took SOMETHING from Nirvana even if it's not cool to admit it. but you're right that it's not too relevant to the music coming out in 2016

wow fuck you too

Weezer, I have not come across a more boring, bland band ever, that doesn't make me immediately want to change the station if I'm listening to the radio. Also Beverly Hills is the worst song. Ever

>and I am really curious how the past 25 years of rock music would be different without their massive influence
Musicians would probably have to be talented to get a recording deal. And if by their massive influence you mean the less technical ability musicians had to have to get a recording deal - I wouldn't miss that at all.